• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need another live wire forward. We have paps and he gives us a boost but he’s more like a short kpf than anything else . Last 2 norm smiths have been won by forward pockets. I’d love a crack at kozzie
I’ve been thinking this for a while. There are times when we need an easy goal or two and although papley can do this he needs maximum effort. Guys like Willie Rioli/kozzie/flyin Ryan can just do with ease at times.

I’d accept it if it’s the last day of the trade period but it’s still as usual our. Club not showing a backbone at the trade period. Can you name one trade that we’ve actually got a good deal on? Yet we are happy to cop a trash deal for Dawson a worse one for Mitchell, etc. when do we get to a stage and say enough is enough. Give us fair value. That’s all I ask. If you think Parker is worth a 3 year deal he’s worth more than a mid third rounder

I am not sure what outcome you are expecting. Parker, at his age and salary doesn't have a lot of value.

43 would be a perfectly good outcome. I doubt we will even get that much.

The only thing I think our team needs now is a string midfielder. If we can't get that I'm not overly concerned. Still plenty of growth left in our unit and blokes like Campbell, Sheldrick, Wicks, Cleary can all improve and push.

I imagine we'll bring in a DFA like DGB and that's about it.

We had a lot of players out of contract and one important one yet to resign. Not sure how we can be too active right now

Jeez I hope Sheldrick comes good because some of you seem to be assuming a lot for a bloke with 6 contested possessions and zero clearances so far in his career.

Edit: per Bloods86 below I got my numbers wrong, badly!

However I would still caution that it's a lot to expect him to play that inside role consistently after less than 10 games of AFL footy.

Last edited:
Jeez I hope Sheldrick comes good because some of you seem to be assuming a lot for a bloke with 6 contested possessions and zero clearances so far in his career.
Uh... in his 5 full games last year, with significant time off half forward, he averaged about 8 contested possessions (plus 12 uncontested), 5 clearances, 4 tackles.

I am not sure what outcome you are expecting. Parker, at his age and salary doesn't have a lot of value.

43 would be a perfectly good outcome. I doubt we will even get that much.

A mid second is fair and no way should we accept a pick in the 40’s straight up.

Hard to get clearances when the coach doesn’t play you as an inside mid where he should be

I’d accept it if it’s the last day of the trade period but it’s still as usual our. Club not showing a backbone at the trade period. Can you name one trade that we’ve actually got a good deal on? Yet we are happy to cop a trash deal for Dawson a worse one for Mitchell, etc. when do we get to a stage and say enough is enough. Give us fair value. That’s all I ask. If you think Parker is worth a 3 year deal he’s worth more than a mid third rounder
Sam Murray for a second rounder. Best deal we have had in 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some extra info from another press conference with Keane (video doesn’t seem to be uploaded anywhere)

Sounds like Ladhams likely to stay

Somebody asked about Wicks - had a positive exit meeting and fully invested

Sounds like we’re not looking at trading anyone in:

"In terms of areas we might need to address, we might look to do that in the draft," Keane added.

Some extra info from another press conference with Keane (video doesn’t seem to be uploaded anywhere)

Sounds like Ladhams likely to stay

Somebody asked about Wicks - had a positive exit meeting and fully invested

Sounds like we’re not looking at trading anyone in:

"In terms of areas we might need to address, we might look to do that in the draft," Keane added.

So basically we aren't going to do anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back