• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We could trade it into next year's draft if we only want to take 3 selections, including Cochran late. Someone will trade us a future 2nd for a pick in the 40s in this year's draft.

Plus there is a fair way to go before list spots are finalised.
Added this to it:

What a realistic scenario to play out is that we either accept #44 or an F3 for Parker
If we accept #44 we delist Konstanty to get another main list spot available
If we accept F3 we delist no one and take 3 national draftees and 1 rookie

Won't matter. After the Parker trade we will have only 3 senior lists spots available. If we take at picks 19 and 22 and intend on matching Cochran who will go in the national draft then there is no point getting pick 25 by giving up our pick 58 because:
1. We won't have a list spot available
2. We would be giving up our pick intended to match on Cochran just to trade up to pick say 25 not to use that pick

We may open another spot up after the trade period that is definitely an option available. Who we can delist (then re rookie, maybe Konstanty or someone like that) to do that not so sure, but these things will depend on how far up that 3rd pick is.

Heart and grind we need

Dom Brew (Werribee)​

“I make no apologies about him.

“He's the captain of Werribee, I absolutely love him, almost my favourite footballer of all-time.

“Give the man a job and he will do it without questioning from the first bounce to the last bounce, irrespective of score, how he's playing, what's happening around him.

“He's just a competitive beast unlike anyone that I've ever seen, including Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell. He’s a competitive animal.

“He would be the last person on earth I'd want to play on. The heart and soul of Werribee.

“I’m sick of hearing coaches and everyone talk about players with polish, that's important, it's really important.

“But give me a guy that will just fight to the death for you because in tight games, the tackle, the smother, the spoil, the clearance win - anything that isn't the perfect play he can do.” Campbell Brown

Heart and grind we need

Dom Brew (Werribee)​

“He's the captain of Werribee, I absolutely love him, almost my favourite footballer of all-time.

“Give the man a job and he will do it without questioning from the first bounce to the last bounce, irrespective of score, how he's playing, what's happening around him.

“He's just a competitive beast unlike anyone that I've ever seen, including Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell. He’s a competitive animal.

“He would be the last person on earth I'd want to play on. The heart and soul of Werribee.

“I’m sick of hearing coaches and everyone talk about players with polish, that's important, it's really important.

“But give me a guy that will just fight to the death for you because in tight games, the tackle, the smother, the spoil, the clearance win - anything that isn't the perfect play he can do.”

He's a nice little player, probably goes in the ND, his range is all over the place someone will take him though

We may open another spot up after the trade period that is definitely an option available. Who we can delist (then re rookie, maybe Konstanty or someone like that) to do that not so sure, but these things will depend on how far up that 3rd pick is.
You still missed the point that if we trade our third rounder this year (#58) we would have no matching ability for Cochran and there is no point going into deficit just to upgrade the 3rd pick in the draft from #44 to #25. We also won't trade future assets because we need as many points as possible for the 3 academy boys next year, just incase one of them pops into top 10 conversations

Added this to it:

What a realistic scenario to play out is that we either accept #44 or an F3 for Parker
If we accept #44 we delist Konstanty to get another main list spot available
If we accept F3 we delist no one and take 3 national draftees and 1 rookie
I think the point is you get the best hand you can and then you have options to decide what you want to do.

You still missed the point that if we trade our third rounder this year (#58) we would have no matching ability for Cochran and there is no point going into deficit just to upgrade the 3rd pick in the draft from #44 to #25. We also won't trade future assets because we need as many points as possible for the 3 academy boys next year, just incase one of them pops into top 10 conversations

Already said that personally half expect Cochran to not even be picked in the ND, he maps as a very late pick, maybe even a rookie. Trading our third with Parker to upgrade that pick seems quite smart actually. 3 picks, then add Cochran ideally in the rookie draft like we did with Edwards.

Just being facetious, but are you saying that we keep 58 for Cochran instead of using it to trade up for someone better than Cochran?

Already said that personally half expect Cochran to not even be picked in the ND, he maps as a very late pick, maybe even a rookie. Trading our third with Parker to upgrade that pick seems quite smart actually. 3 picks, then add Cochran ideally in the rookie draft like we did with Edwards.
Cochran isn't going in the rookies there is an expectation he will go around pick 40-60 range. Given this draft is mapping towards 70 picks taken he is going to land easily inside the national draft

Just being facetious, but are you saying that we keep 58 for Cochran instead of using it to trade up for someone better than Cochran?
Keep #58 to match Cochran bid as i believe he goes 40-60 range which would put us in deficit for next year and we don't want a deficit given we have 3 academy boys to bid on

Also to do Parker + 58 for 25 would value Parker at roughly 32 which is just a little more than we paid for Adams who was a year younger at the time

Cochran isn't going in the rookies there is an expectation he will go around pick 40-60 range. Given this draft is mapping towards 70 picks taken he is going to land easily inside the national draft

Always one that slips, there was a couple of academy kids that slipped last year. I'd be shocked if he's anywhere near 40, pick 55 would surely be on the utter high end and we'd be very unlucky there, can see him going in the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heart and grind we need

Dom Brew (Werribee)​

“But give me a guy that will just fight to the death for you because in tight games, the tackle, the smother, the spoil, the clearance win - anything that isn't the perfect play he can do.” Campbell Brown
Any footage of him?

I think in Year 1 it was the right move to only partially ruck Green in the 2s just because his body wasn't at the physical level to ruck majority of the time. Another pre season and i reckon he could do it but have a feeling its more likely to be a 50/50 split with Ladhams or McAndrew
I don't think Ladhams has the intellectual capacity to play AFL footy. He plays really dumb. I think he played 2 games this year & was ineffective. His leading while forward was terrible. His ruck work was ordinary. Hd was caught out of position on multiple occasions around the ground & therefore had no impact.

Delist him & gk with the other two.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think Ladhams has the intellectual capacity to play AFL footy. He plays really dumb. I think he played 2 games this year & was ineffective. His leading while forward was terrible. His ruck work was ordinary. Hd was caught out of position on multiple occasions around the ground & therefore had no impact.

Delist him & gk with the other two.

Ladhams is the second best ruckman at the club, but i agree with you that he isn't the greatest and is very clumsy. We are just hoping for a miracle with McAndrew and Green isn't ready yet

FWIW with a new VFL coach next season, I expect players will play different roles next season, hopefully the roles they were drafted for.
Are we getting a new VFL coach? Truelove has been nothing short of hopeless. The players are not developing. He plays them out of position, they do not play anywhere near the same style as the seniors. I think he has probably killed several potential AFL careers, including Magor. I think if we swing Magor forward now he has played HB he will be a really good player. He knows how to find it, is clever & I have no doubt he would be dangerous around goal now

Are we getting a new VFL coach? Truelove has been nothing short of hopeless. The players are not developing. He plays them out of position, they do not play anywhere near the same style as the seniors. I think he has probably killed several potential AFL careers, including Magor. I think if we swing Magor forward now he has played HB he will be a really good player. He knows how to find it, is clever & I have no doubt he would be dangerous around goal now

Mcveigh but I'm not sure which one.

62 is unders but tough to blame North when we already farewelled him at the BnF
Wouldn't blame the club for holding onto him if we're only given insulting offers. End of the day it depends how badly norf want him. 3 years says to me they want him pretty badly. I'd be more than happy ro see him play game 300 in red and white

J McVeigh is the new VFL coach

Magor is already delisted

He is a fringe player to you guys.
You can take
1. pick 62 and F4 or
2. straight swap with LMac or
3. We will wait 1 year and get him for free
Lol. You'll wait a year to pick up a 33 year old who already looks off the pace at times. You want him now for your younger guys.

You can hand over your current 3rd at minimum. Maybe a swap of 3rds for next year as well.

Heart and grind we need

Dom Brew (Werribee)​

Geez that is one helluva pitch.

I couldn't pick the kid out of a line-up and I'd sign him right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back