• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker & 59 for pick 44 from North. Reckon that's close to what will get it done
Thought this would be a major problem with us going into deficit but watching videos about deficit and it would only apply to our third or fourth round pick which really doesn't mean as much. (Thought originally that it would apply to the first rounder next year but it applies a deficit to the future pick in the round that the player was matched on).

For example: Cochran bid on at 50 (A 3rd round pick) Would push our F3 down xyz picks due to a deficit

Having said all that

Parker and 59 for 44 would value Parker at around Pick 56 in value so i think we should be pushing for a little more

Every single year people in here complain because "we aren't trying to get better" during trade period. How about we just can it until the end of the period and then we can complain if we don't do anything. In the meantime, there is this:
"I wonder if they (Swans) will make further moves behind the scenes to get someone who can help cover the loss of Luke Parker in that midfield-forward role. Clearly they see they're one short," Gabelich said on The Trade Exchange.

"I think they are (up to something). I wasn't aware of the Riley Garcia interest until yesterday ... I wonder if they will pivot to someone else."

See? Even the paid journos with all of their contacts don't know what we are doing.

Sometimes I think the Academy picks actually cover some pretty substandard drafting to be honest
I think all clubs struggle with drafting. Look at Richmond, yes they did well with Dusty but picked Tambling over Buddy.

There is more due diligence with Academy players and they are across the Swans set up. Hence they transition from junior football to seniors with less issues.

Added this to it:

What a realistic scenario to play out is that we either accept #44 or an F3 for Parker
If we accept #44 we delist Konstanty to get another main list spot available
If we accept F3 we delist no one and take 3 national draftees and 1 rookie
Surely we are better off delisting Kirk who has no hope in hell of ever playing AFL than Konstanty who....might?

Sometimes I think the Academy picks actually cover some pretty substandard drafting to be honest
We're lucky we had the 2018 and 2020 drafts.

2017 is saved by McCartin and Amartey.

If we don't pick Chad in 2019, that might've been our worst Trade/Draft year this century.

2021 is being salvaged by Matty Roberts with the jury still out on Sheldrick and Co. Warner.

2022 is grim viewing...two games from the combined six National/Rookie Draft picks, both by Caleb Mitchell who, if we're being honest, probably won't be an AFL-standard player.

2023 is still too early, but Cleary looks good so far.

Heart and grind we need

Dom Brew (Werribee)​

“I make no apologies about him.

“He's the captain of Werribee, I absolutely love him, almost my favourite footballer of all-time.

“Give the man a job and he will do it without questioning from the first bounce to the last bounce, irrespective of score, how he's playing, what's happening around him.

“He's just a competitive beast unlike anyone that I've ever seen, including Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell. He’s a competitive animal.

“He would be the last person on earth I'd want to play on. The heart and soul of Werribee.

“I’m sick of hearing coaches and everyone talk about players with polish, that's important, it's really important.

“But give me a guy that will just fight to the death for you because in tight games, the tackle, the smother, the spoil, the clearance win - anything that isn't the perfect play he can do.” Campbell Brown
Sounds like Brett Kirk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're probably right.. but those academy picks have resulted in losing many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks - who might have been super stars????

I go back to watching the entire b23 during numerous games throughout 2022 & 2023 coming from the draft. To me that says our drafting has been equal or better than any other club

you're probably right.. but those academy picks have resulted in losing many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks - who might have been super stars????

I go back to watching the entire b23 during numerous games throughout 2022 & 2023 coming from the draft. To me that says our drafting has been equal or better than any other club

Yep you never know who we get otherwise that's fair .

I haven't looked too closely at this years crop of talent.
But we can get two very good players at our picks likely starting at about pick 21 or so.

I am leaning towards getting forwards. Maybe a small forward and a KPF, or a genuine mid that can genuinely play forward as well.

A few of players at our picks according to RookieMeCentral. I expect there are others that our recruiters have in mind.
I am quite excited if we take these picks to the draft in what is expected to be a deep draft.

Pick 21

Jesse Dattoli​

Northern Knights| Forward-Midfielder
height:179cm
D.O.B:07-07-2006
BOUNDLESS ENERGY
Dattoli’s national carnival and promising end to the Coates Talent League season has seen him accelerate into top 25 calculations. The lively small forward boasts terrific craft around goal and always tries to create something with ball in hand. He also holds his own at the stoppages and has been utilised in midfield outside of his representative duties with Vic Metro, where he proved to be an important link player on the wing or as a high forward. Dattoli produced a trio of three-goal games at Coates Talent League level this year and has racked up as many as 35 touches while turning out between his school football commitments.
AUGUST RANKING: #27
LAST MONTH:
Coming into Wildcard Round on the back of two three-goal games, Dattoli starred with 35 disposals, eight inside 50s and a goal to guide Northern into finals. He copped a tough matchup inside 50 against Oakleigh, but still managed to get his hands on the ball with 21 disposals (15 handballs) and two behinds. At his best, he is capable of turning games on their head both as a forward and midfielder – he proved that late in the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick 23​

Cooper Hynes​

Dandenong Stingrays| Midfielder-Forward
height:190cm
D.O.B:28-02-2006
THE HYBRID
Few can compete with the pure weight of numbers Hynes has produced at Coates Talent League level, forming a formidable one-two punch with fellow Dandenong Stingrays co-captain Harvey Langford. The midfielder-forward was blooded in the Vic Country Under 18s side last year and has backed up his promise with averages of 25.3 disposals, 4.0 marks, 5.0 inside 50s, and nearly two goals per his 12 club appearances to date. He’s hard to tie down due to his size but has improved his running ability and has always had a good eye for goal, or teammates in better positions to score.
AUGUST RANKING: #21
LAST MONTH:
Hynes helped lead Dandenong to the preliminary finals on the back of two-goal hauls in both Wildcard Round and the quarter finals. He then finished with a steady 17 disposals and five tackles against eventual premier, Sandringham having made a terrific start to proceedings. He looms as exactly the type of damaging, big-bodied midfielder-forward which is currently in vogue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Key forwards

Pick 19
Jack Whitlock

Pick 20
Jobe Shanaham

Pick 24
Jonty Faull
Hey Rusty, you're back! Hope you are well!

Nice picking... Lol! Have no idea, haven't seen any of this years drafts/trades... but great to see you back on the board!

I haven't looked too closely at this years crop of talent.
But we can get two very good players at our picks likely starting at about pick 21 or so.

I am leaning towards getting forwards. Maybe a small forward and a KPF, or a genuine mid that can genuinely play forward as well.

A few of players at our picks according to RookieMeCentral. I expect there are others that our recruiters have in mind.
I am quite excited if we take these picks to the draft in what is expected to be a deep draft.

Pick 21

Jesse Dattoli​

Northern Knights| Forward-Midfielder
height:179cm
D.O.B:07-07-2006
BOUNDLESS ENERGY
Dattoli’s national carnival and promising end to the Coates Talent League season has seen him accelerate into top 25 calculations. The lively small forward boasts terrific craft around goal and always tries to create something with ball in hand. He also holds his own at the stoppages and has been utilised in midfield outside of his representative duties with Vic Metro, where he proved to be an important link player on the wing or as a high forward. Dattoli produced a trio of three-goal games at Coates Talent League level this year and has racked up as many as 35 touches while turning out between his school football commitments.
AUGUST RANKING: #27
LAST MONTH:
Coming into Wildcard Round on the back of two three-goal games, Dattoli starred with 35 disposals, eight inside 50s and a goal to guide Northern into finals. He copped a tough matchup inside 50 against Oakleigh, but still managed to get his hands on the ball with 21 disposals (15 handballs) and two behinds. At his best, he is capable of turning games on their head both as a forward and midfielder – he proved that late in the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick 23​

Cooper Hynes​

Dandenong Stingrays| Midfielder-Forward
height:190cm
D.O.B:28-02-2006
THE HYBRID
Few can compete with the pure weight of numbers Hynes has produced at Coates Talent League level, forming a formidable one-two punch with fellow Dandenong Stingrays co-captain Harvey Langford. The midfielder-forward was blooded in the Vic Country Under 18s side last year and has backed up his promise with averages of 25.3 disposals, 4.0 marks, 5.0 inside 50s, and nearly two goals per his 12 club appearances to date. He’s hard to tie down due to his size but has improved his running ability and has always had a good eye for goal, or teammates in better positions to score.
AUGUST RANKING: #21
LAST MONTH:
Hynes helped lead Dandenong to the preliminary finals on the back of two-goal hauls in both Wildcard Round and the quarter finals. He then finished with a steady 17 disposals and five tackles against eventual premier, Sandringham having made a terrific start to proceedings. He looms as exactly the type of damaging, big-bodied midfielder-forward which is currently in vogue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Key forwards

Pick 19
Jack Whitlock

Pick 20
Jobe Shanaham

Pick 24
Jonty Faull
Think this is a decent video going through talents and discussions about projections etc and they have a good talk on Joel Cochran and why he should be going in the national draft. Also good discussion on the Key forwards (they probably both have them lower ranked buts thats the difference between power rankings and mock drafts)

Took 20 minutes to find it and have seen no major articles saying that this has changed
Why is this limited to Northern academies only? Why isn't it all academies? Do southern academies have rules we aren't subject to?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back