Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless things have changed, I still think we could rookie list Joe Harrison

Haven't heard anything since he played those 2 late VFL games, but accounted pretty well for himself
Yep unless there are multiple high up on our boards i feel like they will give him a chance. Although it feels very similar starting platform to Kirk but hopefully he fairs differently if he is rookie selected

I agree that it's reasonable to expect most or all of those players can improve on this year, I just think there are some areas on our list that we're still quite shallow in and that then sort of bleeds into the best 22 & the game plan.

ie. Our lack of quality smalls meant Horse & co went with a very slow forward line lacking pressure almost through lack of alternatives. Our lack of genuine midfield options meant Horse & co gave more inside time to Warner & Gulden when they're probably better suited to other roles.

And one could say 'ok well that problem is fixed by Cleary, Mills, Sheldrick, done.' But then what if there's injuries? Our structures can't just go to shit the minute two or three players in those roles go down. So I think we need more AFL-ready options on the list.

I realise of course that fixing some of the above issues also relies on the coaches recognising those issues and actively wanting to fix them and not just sticking to what they did this year.
I can't think of a club with more good options than Rowbottom, Sheldrick, Cleary, Adams, Mills, Jordon, Warner & Heeney, maybe Campbell & Roberts. Literally the least of our worries IMHO.

Where we lack is in wingers of size, marking forwards quick off a standing start and some athletic tall options. I hear we have depth building there in KPDs - I wonder if Horse plays any of them at all through the year to help get them ready, or we just run the same 3 into the ground all year. (Actually I know the answer to that looking at Horse's career.)

Big athletic tough players - around the ground as an option is what we need IMO

Bugger thats disappointing :(

Well hopefully with Macca coaching the VFL they can improve, about time the club addressed wtf was there such a lack of development in our VFL side.
He was basically playing as a key forward all year to slowly blood him in. Played a couple of games as solo ruck including this stunner.
19 touches, 35 hitouts, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 78% DE, 0 turnovers and 2 contested marks

Anyone that has watched a couple of games of the VFL would have known it was a slow burn with Greeny purposely done by the Swans coaching staff

Guy looked completely lost at VFL level IMO.
If he plays any games for us next year we are in BIG trouble.
I watched a fair bit of his game.

He was virtually exactly what I expected of a first yea ruck prospect. He has better foot skills and hand balling than other rucks, but got muscled out of most contests due to 30kg difference. His tank and running ability looked good too.

Basically he showed decent skills but needs to eat some dumbbells.

I watched a fair bit of his game.

He was virtually exactly what I expected of a first yea ruck prospect. He has better foot skills and hand balling than other rucks, but got muscled out of most contests due to 30kg difference. His tank and running ability looked good too.

Basically he showed decent skills but needs to eat some dumbbells.
He was also a solo ruck throughout his juniors now playing majority key forward. When he solo rucked he actually looked class. Will get more ruck time next year and will have more gym time to put on 5-10kgs in the next 12-18 months

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back