• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. We need more defensive pressure in our forward half.
2. We should trade for Stringer.

These are mutually exclusive statements.

edit: for clarity - I don't want us to bring in Stringer.
Don’t think we had a bloke in the top 50 for in50 for tackles this season. Actually Hayward 30th

Not good enough

Last edited:

Thanks for responses.

To add to your views, I hope McVeigh can give Green 1-2 quarters per game as ruck, even if this means that Ladhams and MacAndrew get less than ideal time. Also, if we rest Grundy appropriately (I’d go once every 3-4 games), this should help provide more opportunities.

Given McVeigh’s experience with seniors (as both player and assistant coach), I am confident he will get the priorities right, in order:
  1. Ensure the players play with senior level competitive mindsets and professionalism every game, no matter who they are and where they are played on the day
  2. Develop players to be ready and useful for the seniors team as soon and well as possible
  3. Stick to seniors style game plan, especially for players who may one day play seniors
  4. Try to win reserve games, subject to priorities above
I think it may be unlikely McAndrew's on the list next year, so would love to see a Green/Ladhams duo in the ressies ruck with Pete playing more of the forward-ruck role which he's suited to, arguably more than McLean.

Don’t think we had a bloke in the top 50 for in50 for tackles this season.

Not good enough
There was a patch mid-season after Hayward signed his contract where he had multiple rundown tackles inside 50 that led to goals. It's the only forward pressure I can think of during the whole season.

McDonald + Amartey; Hayward + Papley; Campbell + ??? - that would be the ideal forward structure going into 2025. Need to find a small forward who can chase, chase and chase.

There was a patch mid-season after Hayward signed his contract where he had multiple rundown tackles inside 50 that led to goals. It's the only forward pressure I can think of during the whole season.

McDonald + Amartey; Hayward + Papley; Campbell + ??? - that would be the ideal forward structure going into 2025. Need to find a small forward who can chase, chase and chase.
Thibk I was wrong . Hayward was 30th

still not enough pressure imo and shows the slow front half

Think the best way to of looked at is who do we have that’s better than stringer atm
Papley that’s about it think he has the rest covered up front explosive dangerous would love the scg
Lot of question marks to I get that fitness and commitment but surely worth the punt at pick 50ish 2 years what’s the downside he don’t play either is a pick 50 in the draft really
Worth a gamble in my opinion all I can see is he really boosts gws he’s so y not try
Always see him as the big danger when we come up against him

I'd be playing Warner at half forward a lot more, and not tolerating his half arsed chasing at times. Cleary is the other answer given in his full games he was running hard, chasing all game.

As for Stringer, I'd just play Campbell forward. In the game we played him most forward, he had 3 tackles inside 50, kicked 2.1. In his last 5 games, coming on as sub late twice, he had 7 tackles inside 50 (greater than Stringer's average of 1.2 per game).

Mate i'd suggest stopping now because if you dig any deeper you won't be able to get out of the hole.

Statistically they are the best ruck duo in the comp, you can have the best ruck duo in the comp and still loose because other elements aren't up to standards but you don't move two known best in the game elements in McLean and Blakey into different positions as a test, especially when Blakey was drafted as a forward and played there and played shockingly.

You can fix the forward line by still inserting faster players without breaking up the best ruck duo. Is sound logic that hard for you.

You're the one in the hole trying to use stats to tell us they are the best ruck combo - even if that's true, who cares?
It doesn't win us anything. There's no award nights, or grammy category for 'Best ruck duo'

Mclean isn't the best anything.
Neither is Blakey.

Blakey is at least quite good. Mclean isn't that. At anything football related, maybe he can belt out a tune at Karaoke like a MFer IDK.

On track to beat my tally last year. Hard to go back to back, so I'll try harder next year for the leaderboard fans (you). Give us all the contest we frankly (don't) deserve.
I can never forget , to beat the great man is something else . I challenged him early that there was a rookie competitor coming over from twitter , even with a trip away he's smashing it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hind and Stringer hang out with a convicted killer & invite him into the rooms.

I think you were overly sensitive on this occasion caesar88.

I’m so so thankful we’ve ruled out Stringer (haven’t we?).
No parole period of 3 years for shooting someone dead!? What the actual F?

Clown country.

To be fair this is a tough board to satisfy.

We never want to lose key/quality players and we re-signed 5 young solid players this year. Add the three additions last year and we have no $$$

As a result the one thing we are doing is trading the most expensive for least games value player we have - Parker, for max value.

Sure we have picked ling, Stephens and konstanty but also have some decent picks in there.

We have a great core with young age demographic, now just looking to compliment.

Can everyone calm down a bit. Winning trade week is almost always some shit VFL club who never makes finals…

Congrats to LP1 on 800 posts on the 1 thread ,extraordinary effort

I take that as a compliment can reach four figures by the draft ending not that I count

You're the one in the hole trying to use stats to tell us they are the best ruck combo - even if that's true, who cares?
It doesn't win us anything. There's no award nights, or grammy category for 'Best ruck duo'

Mclean isn't the best anything.
Neither is Blakey.

Blakey is at least quite good. Mclean isn't that. At anything football related, maybe he can belt out a tune at Karaoke like a MFer IDK.
Your a great comedian because everything you say is just jokes. There is no award for the best key defence yet GWS has that, but did they wing the finals series with that key defence? Should they break up Taylor Buckley Himmelberg? Thats where your whole arguement falls apart because your effectively saying that anyone other than Brisbane needs to massively change portions of their side, why not Carlton play Cripps up forward as he kicks goals from the midfield and could kick more up forward? Thats how dumb you sound

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back