• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your a great comedian because everything you say is just jokes. There is no award for the best key defence yet GWS has that, but did they wing the finals series with that key defence? Should they break up Taylor Buckley Himmelberg? Thats where your whole arguement falls apart because your effectively saying that anyone other than Brisbane needs to massively change portions of their side, why not Carlton play Cripps up forward as he kicks goals from the midfield and could kick more up forward? Thats how dumb you sound
Wow we a couple of great footy minds here

Essendon are in a bind as to what to do with their first pick this year. They desperately want a pick before there is a bid on Kako but his value varies by as much as 6 to 15. I know that they are trying to get an earlier pick but haven't had too many offers. I'm hoping that the bid comes before their pick whatever it is.
If i was Saints list manager i would be a little s**t and bid on him if they don't get it. Yes it may damage future negotiations but Saints could use a small forward given all the mids they have atm

I'm not as fussed.

There's a few groups of players that I think can have an improved year, based on return from injury, another year into a new role, purely based on age (just turned 24 or under) and a few that have had a taste of senior action or have shown promise in needed roles, that might see senior action.

Injury Return / Extra Off-Season in role
Mills
Heeney
Jmac

Age Based Improvement
Rowbottom
Jordon
Warner
Campbell
McDonald
Gulden
Roberts

Fresh Faces
Sheldrick
Cleary
Hanily
Buller

We're apparently interested in at least one or two mature agers as well e.g Tom Murphy, so it's not necessarily just teenagers that will be coming in via the draft.
I'd be surprised if we got an improvement from any of Heeney, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden or Roberts.

I'd be surprised if we got an improvement from any of Heeney, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden or Roberts.
I think its in reference to the GF or finals series given that Heeney had 14 touches (yes injured), Mills wasn't there and Roberts looked dazed for the most part, same thing applies to Gulden in the finals series, Agree with Warner and Rowbottom that they are almost/already at their peak

Essendon are in a bind as to what to do with their first pick this year. They desperately want a pick before there is a bid on Kako but his value varies by as much as 6 to 15. I know that they are trying to get an earlier pick but haven't had too many offers. I'm hoping that the bid comes before their pick whatever it is.

Kako won’t go before their pick. Look at the clubs before them who is taking him? Rule out the top 5 he’s not in that range

Crows- no chance have a million small forwards
GC- won’t have the pick Richmond will and they need mids
Melbourne-they have enough
St Kilda- do they need small forwards have a few on their list would have thought some mids and a KPD with battle going are their needs

If i was Saints list manager i would be a little s**t and bid on him if they don't get it. Yes it may damage future negotiations but Saints could use a small forward given all the mids they have atm

Saints have a few small forwards they need genuine mids their mid division is putrid and that’s being kind

McLean got to go.
I like him. He is an honest toiler, and in team zipping in passes to a forward line not stuck half way up the ground defending the forward 50 exits he might be a good forward. Reliable. But...
His ruck work isn't good enough to warrant him taking up a forward spot with the system we have. And he's not long enough to take down the line contested marks regularly, nor quick enough to do much else.We can have anyone in there giving Grundy a rest. Put in Papley for all I care.

But Amartey will want to improve on his consistency.

Playing McLean forward in the ressies might allow us to play Hamling back again and actually have a decent back up option at KPD should it be needed.

A mix of Heeney, Blakey & Tauru forward at times might work to cover McLean's spot.
Betcha they give Blakey a go there in preseason. :p
Fox/Tauru can do what he's doing running it out of the back half while he's down there.
Bet ha they don't.

I think Kako is more likely to go in the 20s than in the top 10.

If I was Essendon, I wouldn't be panicking and would be perfectly willing to pass if a bid came before their first pick.

Saints have a few small forwards they need genuine mids their mid division is putrid and that’s being kind
Only small forwards on their list are Higgins and Collard.
Mids that can play forward are Hugo Garcia & Darcy Wilson.

The rest are wingers that should be playing on the wing only.

Think they need a genuine small forward

I think Kako is more likely to go in the 20s than in the top 10.

If I was Essendon, I wouldn't be panicking and would be perfectly willing to pass if a bid came before their first pick.
He will go in the teens Richmond will bid on him with one of the picks they get from Freo for Baker/Bolton as they will view Kako as a good replacement and then subsequently grab Berry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We spent and are currently trying to spend more(on Chad etc) to retain the core of this team. We supporters leading up to the GF applauded this. And so we should have. The core of another premiership remains at our feet. The core of a great team is still there starting in 2025.
However, the inability to convert GF appearances into wins is concerning. I think this is a mental thing and coaching thing. We are not switched on and prepared for the game. Look at our slow starts this year. Same thing. I don't know the answer. But talent is not holding us back from winning a GF. It is between the ears and in the coaching preparation not only for GFs but also for every game. Slow starts have proven this throughout this year.

If you think bringing in experienced players to displace current players we have then name them. I will give you are hint. They largely don't exist. The answer, IMO, does not lie in additional experienced personnel. It lies between the ears and possibly also in the coaching. We can make GFs. We know that.

Looking at the list we have an average Best 23 experience of about 130 games per player.
Our least experienced players are
Roberts 30
Amartey 53
Campbell 71

Who are you going to bring in that is going to dramatically change the team. Yep. Probably no one.
We have signed the core of this team to long term deals. That means that salary is constricted. Those players that we want as we well know either we can't afford or don't want to move to Sydney. Swans have tried over the last few year.

The answer to winning a GF lies in the current team. But a major off field investigation, conclusion, implementation of something that can change this team to start well in games and win well with a consistent brand of football that can win GFs.

Anyone hoping on an experienced player coming in and changing the status quo is delusional. There is ample scope for improvement from within. We can make GFs. We need to find the missing piece or pieces that can land us a win in the last game of the year.
A little late but welcome back to the party Rusty. It hasn't been quite the same at the bandicoot & bear with you missing.
I hope you're well.

Kako won’t go before their pick. Look at the clubs before them who is taking him? Rule out the top 5 he’s not in that range

Crows- no chance have a million small forwards
GC- won’t have the pick Richmond will and they need mids
Melbourne-they have enough
St Kilda- do they need small forwards have a few on their list would have thought some mids and a KPD with battle going are their needs
Melb are keen. It’s relatively out there now which is why Essendon are pissed.

They tried to get Roos pick, but Roos wanted 9 plus future first +.

God I hope they keep it and Melb bid on him, they will have a contingency trade at that point ready to go to get points and a future pick, but will ruin their 2024 draft!

Just so you learn , they have a small premiership player in Dan Butler ghu

God I hope they keep it and Melb bid on him, they will have a contingency trade at that point ready to go to get points and a future pick, but will ruin their 2024 draft!
Aren't you not able to trade the pick once the bid is active? If you were able to then there wouldn't be any worry for Essendon who would trade only if he was bid on

It’s one of their least needs. Really need mids, can we even name 2 good genuine mids they have going forward

End of the day it’s not a big deal if they do- Kako then they have 31, could take two top players that way. Still doubt Melbourne take him. They need a key forward so badly (Armstrong surely)

It’s one of their least needs. Really need mids, can we even name 2 good genuine mids they have going forward
Phillipou Steele, Windhager, Macrae, Clark (could also add Owens and Sinclair in there) and Oli Hotton (developing) isn't the worst mix for a midfield plus i also expect them to grab like a Smillie as well

A little late but welcome back to the party Rusty. It hasn't been quite the same at the bandicoot & bear with you missing.
I hope you're well.
It was touch and go there for a while. The implications were a bit scary. I'm almost healed. I'm back baby. Go back to work Monday week.
We should organise a post grand final, post surgery shindig at the B&B. Free beer.

It was touch and go there for a while. The implications were a bit scary. I'm almost healed. I'm back baby. Go back to work Monday week.
We should organise a post grand final, post surgery shindig at the B&B. Free beer.
Good on you Rusty .
have a nice day , off to watch a bit of cricket

Phillipou Steele, Windhager, Macrae, Clark (could also add Owens and Sinclair in there) and Oli Hotton (developing) isn't the worst mix for a midfield plus i also expect them to grab like a Smillie as well

Half of those aren’t genuine mids they need genuine absolute on ballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back