• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's nothing substantial going to be done for the Swans tomorrow. Parker will get done.
Think Keane will keep the two picks until the draft and see if someone slides. I'm sure he would have a couple of teams with partial deals lined up if things progress the way the two clubs need to make a deal.

Having said that if you stand pat and pick with #22 & #26 the latest Phantom Form Guide has Johnty Faull at #22 which suits the Swans.
Faull kicked four and five goals in the leadup to the grand final and even though he didn't kick a goal in the granny he was named 3rd best for the Rebels.
#26 you have a ruckman so no chance the Swans go there. The next up is Tom Gross. Half forward that is hard at it or you can go with Harry Oliver as a small defender. He was in the leadership group at the Dragons. Averaged 16 disposals at 83 per cent efficiency for Metro.

Not saying that will definitely play out like that obviously, however there will be two good bites at the cherry with the picks.

There's nothing substantial going to be done for the Swans tomorrow. Parker will get done.
Think Keane will keep the two picks until the draft and see if someone slides. I'm sure he would have a couple of teams with partial deals lined up if things progress the way the two clubs need to make a deal.

Having said that if you stand pat and pick with #22 & #26 the latest Phantom Form Guide has Johnty Faull at #22 which suits the Swans.
Faull kicked four and five goals in the leadup to the grand final and even though he didn't kick a goal in the granny he was named 3rd best for the Rebels.
#26 you have a ruckman so no chance the Swans go there. The next up is Tom Gross. Half forward that is hard at it or you can go with Harry Oliver as a small defender. He was in the leadership group at the Dragons. Averaged 16 disposals at 83 per cent efficiency for Metro.

Not saying that will definitely play out like that obviously, however there will be two good bites at the cherry with the picks.
If it goes the way of Twomey's guide, though there'll be some differences especially once you get into the teens and 20s, then Faull would be ok at 22. Harry Oliver only if we think he can be an actual defender to replace Cunningham in a couple of years, we don't need another half back (like Florent, Jmac, Lloyd, Roberts, Blakey). He's mentioned as tough and combative, so maybe. His coach said he is the heartbeat of the team. If not Oliver (and possibly even instead of), then I'd go beyond Twomey's 30 and go with either Hamish Davis (med fwd/mid) or between Harry O'Farrell and James Barrat (lockdown KPDs).

If it goes the way of Twomey's guide, though there'll be some differences especially once you get into the teens and 20s, then Faull would be ok at 22. Harry Oliver only if we think he can be an actual defender to replace Cunningham in a couple of years, we don't need another half back (like Florent, Jmac, Lloyd, Roberts, Blakey). He's mentioned as tough and combative, so maybe. His coach said he is the heartbeat of the team. If not Oliver (and possibly even instead of), then I'd go beyond Twomey's 30 and go with either Hamish Davis (med fwd/mid) or between Harry O'Farrell and James Barrat (lockdown KPDs).
Twomey is good 1-20 and 21-30 with Vic Metro but interstate and higher numbers fairly hit or miss. I think we can be certain that Keane will have players in mind at certain spots. He might first try to trade up for a particular target but if that doesn't work then if say we get Faull for instance and he doesn't like what's on offer next he might try to trade the next pick into next year. That sort of thing is pretty much what he said to Gettable. Might have McCartin or someone else in mind for the rookie list. No big moves.
Still hope Parker attracts F3.

Twomey is good 1-20 and 21-30 with Vic Metro but interstate and higher numbers fairly hit or miss. I think we can be certain that Keane will have players in mind at certain spots. He might first try to trade up for a particular target but if that doesn't work then if say we get Faull for instance and he doesn't like what's on offer next he might try to trade the next pick into next year. That sort of thing is pretty much what he said to Gettable. Might have McCartin or someone else in mind for the rookie list. No big moves.
Still hope Parker attracts F3.
I'm thinking F3.

44 is going to become 38. We can probably trade it for a future 2nd on thr night.
44 will go to 40 by my calculations unless GCS grab another second but i suspect they snap up all of the late Richmond picks that being 51, 61, 70. As that is 300 points back GCS way in the Rioli trade but will grow after each successful bid match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back