• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice Tom Highmore made the VFL team of the year caesar88 after being cut by the Saints.

bedford - any thoughts?
Thanks for bringing me back Swans86 .
I actually like Highmore , still young enough to play a role , but hoping McCartin can come to us.
Sorry for the name change , but we are not bloods atm

Thoughts on delisting Francis, and picking up Tomlinson? Maybe a slight upgrade as that depth KPD while the youngsters develop
Tomlinson has shown he's capable of holding down an AFL spot and as a few have mentioned, uses the ball alot better than Francis. I watched all the VFL matches and my observation is that Francis can dominate the air at that level but then often butchers the disposal. Plus he is so slow.

Its not that drastic though:

Say the three got bid on at 15, 25, and 40. We would need 1536 points to match them all, thats the value of roughly pick 7 to match all 3. Our current selection for 2025 e.g. #17, #35, #53 would get us 1245 points. I think it would be pretty easy to split #17 for 2 picks in the 20s say 26 and 30 which would be turning 879 points into 1015. That would get us to 1381 which would pretty much cover matching bids at 15 and 25 already before converting 35 into picks in the 40s.

The killer for matching is bids in the top 10 imo
I may be wrong but the numbers I'm looking at for 2025 academy selections would be 1621 for picks 15. 25 & 40. On their own they total 1801 then less the 10% discount becomes 1621.

I may be wrong but the numbers I'm looking at for 2025 academy selections would be 1621 for picks 15. 25 & 40. On their own they total 1801 then less the 10% discount becomes 1621.
Outside of the first round the 10% becomes like 80 odd points for each selection. For instance in the old index every pick after 18 has a discount of 197 points and not the 20%. So i took a stab and put it at 10% of pick 18 which is 83.6 points and took that off selections 25 and 40 each rather than about 83 points itself for both

Thanks for bringing me back Swans86 .
I actually like Highmore , still young enough to play a role , but hoping McCartin can come to us.
Sorry for the name change , but we are not bloods atm
No worries, thanks. McCartin would be ok too.

The change to Seltzers86 is still going through legal proceedings against the big American "Alka" variant. Bloody Yanks (technically German but whatevs).

Francis made the VFL Teom of the Year and already lives in Sydney, while Tomlinson didn't even make the squad. Why would you swap them?
One is a distributor and one is a lockdown defender. Given the distributors we have at AFL level i would more so want KPDs that can defend especially if they come in for Melican Rampe McCartin

Francis made the VFL Team of the Year and already lives in Sydney, while Tomlinson didn't even make the squad. Why would you swap them?
Because Francis has been average at AFL level, seems slow and a poor disposal. Tomlinson is dependable, more athletic, decent disposal. Talking about depth hear not necessarily best 22.

Last edited:
One is a distributor and one is a lockdown defender. Given the distributors we have at AFL level i would more so want KPDs that can defend especially if they come in for Melican Rampe McCartin
I see Francis as a Will Gould type. Remember Gould was our VFL player of the year. But didnt cut the mustard at AFL level. Lacked speed and looked a bit out of place. Francis can do well at VFL but I sense that's his ceiling.

Because Francis has been average at VFL level, seems slow and a poor disposal. Tomlinson is dependable, more athletic, decent disposal. Talking about depth hear not necessarily best 22.
Francis was our best VFL player, made VFL team of the year. He is one of the best at the level, but doesn't step up to AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis was our best VFL player, made VFL team of the year. He is one of the best at the level, but doesn't step up to AFL level.
Sorry Typo- Francis has been ave at AFL level. Like a Gould Type. Did well in the tier below (Gould was our VFL player of the year remember?)

Sorry Typo- Francis has been ave at AFL level. Like a Gould Type. Did well in the tier below (Gould was our VFL player of the year remember?)
Yeah. Francis was our best this year, but suspect they gave it to Mitchell (who would have been Top 4 tbh) as they were more confident of extending.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back