• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about the lockdown role on the smalls is more about discipline and anticipation than anything else. You say yourself that Smooch wasn't particularly quick and I can vouch for that spending a lot of time in that pocket. But his anticipation was second to none and his discipline too.
It's really hard to judge how someone will go until they're actually in the role as reserves don't function that way and "normal" defenders in seniors play differently.
I can imagine a few guys who COULD MAYBE do the job but would need to concentrate on it in preseason. You won't necessarily like the names.
Corey, Roberts, Sheldrick, JJ, Cleary, Wicks.
There are reasons you could argue against each of these but if you stop and think any of them could. Agility, acceleration, tenacity.
I suspect they viewed Kirk as a small defender/forward. Hoping he would have the mentality and discipline to play that type of role.

What is the alternative? Experienced players aren’t going to a new club. You have to force draftees to go.

As for the Raiders and Storm half their teams are from Queensland.
So...experienced players went to a new club, yeah? At first journeymen. And then when they picked the right coaches and players & improved, really good ones. Then they won stuff.

How has it worked out for GC or GWS getting a hundred draft picks so far? No community engagement (no locals), no heart (bunch of kids who don't want to be there).

Video with a 31-45 ranking. Which I found interesting since a lot of the draft articles only have a top 30 ranking.

I'm up to a list of 70 so far for whenever we do our phantom draft.

Top 30 is an average of latest rankings, next 10 or so is ordered as well, but descends into "I don't know what I'm doing" after that.

Last edited:
So...experienced players went to a new club, yeah? At first journeymen. And then when they picked the right coaches and players & improved, really good ones. Then they won stuff.

How has it worked out for GC or GWS getting a hundred draft picks so far? No community engagement (no locals), no heart (bunch of kids who don't want to be there).

GWS to be fair have been a mainstay in finals and made a GF. What’s GC done? It’s almost harder to stuff it up like they did lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back