• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They are not trading their top 3 picks down you can take that to the bank. Only way they trade picks 6 or 11 are up to North's pick 2. It makes zero sense for Richmond. They can do the same thing you want with their last two first rounders, and they would not do that. Richmond will be keeping picks 6 10, 18 as a combination may be needed to get pick 2 from North Melbourne if they decide to go that way.

Put it this way Richmond are trading pick 11 (13 or 14 live) for our first which could be 25 plus next year. Do you honestly think that's even close to fair? Richmond don't care about points so don't use the 'oh it's worth this many points". We all know the curve is a load of rubbish.

Put simply, keep going Richmond would require more, they would only do that type of deal for a club who didn't make finals
Richmond will do the Pick #6 and #11 for #2 trade and then probably trade #20 for like Essendon's F1 given that they seem desperate to get back into the first round might add an F3 going back to Essendon in that trade

Wouldn't discount a later pick on somebody like Josh Murphy either

Josh Murphy
State: NSW/ACT
State League Club: Murray Bushrangers
Community Club: North Albury
Date of Birth: 26/11/2006
Height: 190cm

Explosive forward who is quick on the lead and has strong hands out in front. Uses his strong frame in one-on-one contests to outmaneuver his opponent and is an accurate kick for goal. Kicked 32.13 in 11 games for the Murray Bushrangers in the Coates Talent League to lead the competition goalkicking and was rewarded with Team of the Year selection. Kicked a further seven goals for the Allies at the National Championships, including three goals against South Australia in his best performance. Showed his burst of speed recording 2.99 seconds for the 20m sprint at the state Draft Combine in Melbourne, as well as a sound endurance base with 6:42 on the 2km time trial.

Richmond will do the Pick #6 and #11 for #2 trade and then probably trade #20 for like Essendon's F1 given that they seem desperate to get back into the first round

My gut feeling says they don't trade to pick 2 anyway. They can get Smille at pick 6 who from all reports they are keen on, Lalor at 1 makes sense he's the best 'live' midfielder. Pick 11 they get the best tall (back or forward), if Armstrong is there take him. Think they take the slider at #20 then trade out the other ones maybe the Cats or someone like that, Essendon maybe too.

Personally pick 6 and 10 is way overs for pick 2, there's just not much between lets say Finn OSullivan and Jagga Smith/Smille. They's also add an extra tall on top, I get it from North's end they want the defender but not sure it is a good deal at all for the Tigers. 6 and 18 MAYBE. Pick 10 would be off the table.

Brisbane, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Sydney and West Coast are likely to use three or four picks.

Cal Twomey's "The best next 10" list:
Been telling you that for weeks

I just don't see us combining the two firsts given we don't trade we GWS and it would be hard to trade up to like anything higher than 14. To also trade #22 on its own it would have to be like an F2 and F3.

We could get a F1 for #22. Heck, Richmond could get a F1 for #24, the first pick of the second night usually attracts the offer of a F1st. I quite like the idea of trading back our 2nd pick 10 spots or so in return for a F2.

Last edited:
He can join the long queue of 15 players there hardly alone. Wasn't our worst though that goes with our key forwards, our mids
But we are talking about Will now.
Hive me time. I’ll take a run up for quite a few others going forward for the rest of their careers now.
We have two reference points.
2022 & 2024 on the big stage.
Give me time. It’s a long off season & Im getting more & more annoyed About our GFs the closer I’m getting to when my m’ship is due.😡

Hive me time. I’ll take a run up for quite a few others going forward for the rest of their careers now.
Give me time. It’s a long off season & Im getting more & more annoyed About our GFs the closer I’m getting to when my m’ship is due.😡

Just be thankful they didn’t send renewals on the Monday after the GF

We could get a F1 for #22. Heck, Richmond could get a F1 for #24, the first pick of the second night usually attracts the offer of a F1st. I quite like the idea of trading back our 2nd pick 10 spots or so in return for a F2.

Depends who is there not against it would prefer to get two seconds this year though

People saying 4 picks. If so, don't we need to delist Francis who supposedly has been extended? Even if we rerookied him.

We are taking 4 picks in the ND as it stands now question is whether we get lucky and get Cochran as a rookie. We might or may not, right now it's 3 live picks plus Cochran or it's 4 with a rookie of Cochran. Most have him somewhere in the late 3rd at best to rookie, so you sort of get the range. If we assume there's 55 ish picks before all the upgrades and stuff, it could happen, it's unlikely though. So if we want 4 live plus Cochran yes we'd need to delist one more and re rookie like Francis etc.

Will was disappointing but it's not that simple to play as a medium forward when your midfield can't win a clearance to save themselves, and then any subsequent entries were directed straight to Harris Andews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope including Francis we have 34 senior list players. Can take 4 ND players whilst still holding onto Francis. If we get rid of Francis we are definitely taking 4 NDs

Just wonder whether we are lining a pick swap. Not saying I'd do these but I'd take whatever we want with our first so that's off limits okay.

But pick 22 right now (which goes to 25 okay)

I'm looking at Port Adelaide with picks 29, 26 and WB with 25 and 35, St Kilda's 32 and 47 another one but that would be risky with the 47 being near Cochran's range.

Could we flip our one pick for 2, I don't know how realistic it is but we have to be considering this.

Gives us an extra pick in the range.

Just wonder whether we are lining a pick swap. Not saying I'd do these but I'd take whatever we want with our first so that's off limits okay.

But pick 22 right now (which goes to 25 okay)

I'm looking at Port Adelaide with picks 29, 26 and WB with 25 and 35, St Kilda's 32 and 47 another one but that would be risky with the 47 being near Cochran's range.

Could we flip our one pick for 2, I don't know how realistic it is but we have to be considering this.

Gives us an extra pick in the range.
Only one i would look at it Port for 13 and 36 for 19 and 22. Gets us up 6 spots in the draft order and 36 would be 3 or 4 ahead of our pick 44. Then we could trade 44 for future selections. But even that trade is iffy

Only one i would look at it Port for 13 and 36 for 19 and 22. Gets us up 6 spots in the draft order and 36 would be 3 or 4 ahead of our pick 44. Then we could trade 44 for future selections. But even that trade is iffy

See I wouldn't I'd stay at 19 and look to split 21 for two seconds, when we get to 21, it's highly likely at least 2/3 forwards would be there at 29. I'd prefer the Dogs one though trading down a couple adding an extra second in the pocket. Port wouldn't give us 36 in the pick 13 deal, those two firsts would barely get you up to 13

I don't believe Francis has actually been extended yet. We might end up moving him to a rookie spot?
That's my thinking if we want to take 4 in the ND as we only have 3 senior list spots available. I don't think we can rely on Cochran sliding to the Rookie Draft even though it might happen. We would still have 2 rookie spots available and we do tend to run a full rookie list.

That's my thinking if we want to take 4 in the ND as we only have 3 senior list spots available. I don't think we can rely on Cochran sliding to the Rookie Draft even though it might happen. We would still have 2 rookie spots available and we do tend to run a full rookie list.
We have currently have 33 signed players to the senior if Francis signs that makes it 34. We are allowed to have 38 main list spots. That means no matter what we have the ability to have 4 national draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back