• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

287. Last year i would have a break for days on end as it just goes around in circles and you really don't miss much . Just have a bit of fun
Both LP1 and my counts each year are definitely inflated by our yearly debates of needs vs best available (I've made progress), the Ling selection (gone backwards) etc etc

Last edited:

Here is a rough mock draft i have currently. Can't wait for LukeParkerno1 to rip it to shreds. Also involves the Rich/NM mock trade 2 for 6 + 18 which i personally think is slight unders but is what it is

Well least the trade isn’t too horrible for Richmond still don’t think they do it but they might.

Don’t have many issues with yours I’ll post mine tomorrow but we won’t agree on Hynes. Hoping he’s not the selection

Well least the trade isn’t too horrible for Richmond still don’t think they do it but they might.

Don’t have many issues with yours I’ll post mine tomorrow but we won’t agree on Hynes. Hoping he’s not the selection
2 for 6 and 18 is great value for the Tigers and probably horrific value for North. We all said that 12 and 14 for 3 was horrific value for Eagles yet both those two sets of trades are a "pick value" gain of roughly pick 55/56. No difference between the two

2 for 6 and 18 is great value for the Tigers and probably horrific value for North. We all said that 12 and 14 for 3 was horrific value for Eagles yet both those two sets of trades are a "pick value" gain of roughly pick 55/56. No difference between the two

That is why the pick values are changing was an awful deal for the Eagles. 2 for 6&18 is fair

That is why the pick values are changing was an awful deal for the Eagles. 2 for 6&18 is fair
It just isn't.
Last year #4 was traded alongside picks in the 40s for 3 late first round picks which in effect when removing the picks in the 40s for the future 1st rounder it boils down to #4 for 10 and 11. Therefore #2 deserves to go for pick 6 and 11

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 4.13.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 4.13.48 PM.png
    60 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We can work out for points later. Richmond may not want to go all in this yes draft for their rebuild and want players next as well.

They are more likely to trade 23 & 24 for a first rounder next year if they want to move assets into next year, which I agree makes sense for them.

It just isn't.
Last year #4 was traded alongside picks in the 40s for 3 late first round picks which in effect when removing the picks in the 40s for the future 1st rounder it boils down to #4 for 10 and 11. Therefore #2 deserves to go for pick 6 and 11

Last year there was a CLEAR top 5 players with one at no1 who was a generational talent. There’s a difference whilst this year bats deeper there’s no clear top 10. Under no circumstances would Rich trade 6&11 this year for 2. There would need to be a future 1/2 back their way AT LEAST.

I'd love to say that I'm terrifically familiar with the draftees who might fall around our picks but I'm not. My feeling is more about what we need.
1) A KPF who will develop into a genuine player, preferably tall with a frame upon which we can build muscle and who has a dig all game. Best looks to be Armstrong who will be long gone, then Shanahan, who we would be very lucky if he slid to us so probably the greater WhitlockJ or Faull. For next year we still have to rely on the 4 guys we have but no reason not to be building.
2) Next is a bit tricky. Ideally it would be a small or medium forward who is AFL ready before the end of the season. Berry looks good but is unlikely to slide to us and the next best small appears to be Dattoli. Davis has kicked 4 in a senior final which is very promising.
One of these would put pressure on the selectors to offer something different in the forward line. I'd like one or more of our existing players to do that too but hopefully the more the merrier.
3) Choice of two: inside mid coming up behind Cleary et al or a mid/forward. Both a decent size. Lots of names running around, I have no idea.
4) Cochran. As a few have said, you should keep faith with the best of the Academy and at worst he'll be handy depth as he develops.
Rookie Draft:
Not a lot of discussion happening here. 2 or 3 picks.
We have signed the Academy over age ruck to VFL which should give us cut out coverage for Ladhams, Green, Buller ? so I can't see why we would go for another one. Would we?
We've heard rumours about the brothers Lloyd and McCartin.
In such an even and supposedly quality draft you would imagine there would be a few decent players who would miss out. For instance Snell looks a beauty at Pick 53, one of the last to go. The big question is who would best fit our list needs? Small or medium defender? Another small forward? Another tall forward? For mine any of those would be OK if they are quality.
IMO the draft is much more interesting than trade period!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back