Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We absolutely should not sit on our hands this trade period. I’ll be livid. Need to be proactive. More so, you don’t win finals rocking up at half time and start playing. They should have had no right doing that and finding all that space in the first half. The MCs choices and some of the coaching decisions were dismal, let’s be honest.

We can absolutely call out the TDK sub call now, a shining light that guy. I thought Hewett was one of our only consistent contributors. Onto the off season. Injuries killed us off early this year, we struggled for 8-10 weeks and lost cohesion. What a frustrating end to the year. See yas during pre season at Ikon lol, love for this club will never waiver

Now lets put the trade Hewitt talk to bed. He has been one of best performed players in a dismal 2nd half of the season. Yet another poor MC decision. Fantasia and Motlop have been gifted games all year, and George gets subbed.
Now that is Voss arrogance.

If we don't start being honest and picking blokes who deserve to be picked next year, I'll be done with this club.
TBH, I'll buy a membership next year just to get 25 consecutive years up, but I dont want to right now.

106+k members deserved better than that, and I'm not putting that down to the players.

There is no version of what transpired that doesn't squarely land on the heads of the coaches.

When they couldn't be allowed to muck it up in the squad selection, they did a hack job with the sub.

Genuine and heartfelt **** you to Voss and the other match committee members on board with this, you derailed our season by not staying in your lane, by ignoring the form and capabilities of your list, by not committing to the trends and logic of the modern game and modern sport, and you've fleeced the club of an enormous amount of football department spending in the process.

If you're feeling a bit of heat right now, it is absolutely justified. Stop wasting everyone's time and effort with such an arrogant and delusional display of coaching.

Another year, another final in Brisbane, and almost exactly the same story.

Small forwards are an embarrassment. Match selection an embarrassment. Tactics and game plan embarrassing. The form in the past 12 weeks is bottom four and we played to form tonight.

Game was over in the second quarter. Let's not kid ourselves and think that we had a chance at any point after the first quarter.

Last edited:
Perhaps we need to offer some Bed, Bath and Table Vouchers, with our membership packs for 2025, to encourage those 105,000 members to renew.

He's a good VFL player. Every time we play a VFL quality side, he goes okay. AFL quality sides, he goes totally missing.

Seems to be one of Vossy's favorites when fit though. He might need some direction on certain players, because he can't seem to figure some pretty obvious stuff like this out.
Have you seen him play VFl?

He’s not a good vfl player either.

I find it absurd that ppl keep saying we need to stick with Voss because we can’t keep sacking coaches. Love boss but the guy clearly can’t coach. Couldn’t do it at port. Because we have failed with a few coaches doesn’t mean we need to stick with something that clearly isn’t working. Match selection was a joke. Doc love him but **** me… the guy hasn’t played since round 1. MC is picking favourites, would cop a loss playing you g guys giving an effort but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it absurd that ppl keep saying we need to stick with Voss because we can’t keep sacking coaches. Love boss but the guy clearly can’t coach. Couldn’t do it at port. Because we have failed with a few coaches doesn’t mean we need to stick with something that clearly isn’t working. Match selection was a joke. Doc love him but f me… the guy hasn’t played since round 1. MC is picking favourites, would cop a loss playing you g guys giving an effort but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity
First post haha

The mistake was omitting Cincotta.
The mistake was TDK as sub.
The mistake was subbing Kennedy for TDK.
The mistake was brining in Cerra and Williams.

Then there's the players.

He may have created an iconic moment or two for us, but my goodness, Acres would just about have to be the worst ball-user in the competition right now. Whenever he has possession, you just know something's bound to go wrong.

Durdin and to a lesser extent Motlop, non-existent. No pressure at all.

Genuine question, what do we make of Voss going to the box and Hansen to the bench for the last quarter? That doesn’t pass the sniff test for me
Yeah I was wondering who was pulling the strings then. At half time, when the cameras showed the coaches all in Group discussion, Hansen also looked like he was the one with the most to say while Voss just nodded away. It was only a few seconds footage, but make of that what you will

Can’t apply pressure if you don’t pick pressure players. Especially the ones that were fit and available and had shown something.
I'm sorry but I can't agree with that. Effort and pressure should be the absolute minimum whether you are Gary Ablett or Clem Smith. One or two changes would not have made any impact when the rest of the team are giving their opponent 10m of space every time. Second half you saw that the players out there were good enough to get a result but the application wasn't there in Q1/2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back