Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible performance , the lack of effort for 98% of that first half was disgraceful, everything that happened after that meant next to nothing.

Having said that people who are saying we have a great list aren't being too realistic. We have exceptional top end talent, beyond that there's quite a few ordinary players.

Not interested in entertaining a change of coach, think we need closely at those around him and see whether we can get a better mix.

We desperately need another key defender, even though I have to say Young was good tonight. We also need a couple of quality smalls. Another pre-season into our young guys should have them ready to stake their claims for selection come round one. I don't think playing them tonight would have made an iota of difference.

Terribly disappointed with the effort, the final margin was probably the result I had expected but the way we played, not at all acceptable. Hopefully the injury Gods are kinder to us next year, they played a big part in derailing our season too.

Regardless of tonight's result I still love this club and am looking forward to next season already. Try being kind to each other tonight in the aftermath of that performance, no matter if we have different ways of dissecting the result, we are all hurting. See you after the draft.

Was at the ground. First quarter and half was atrocious, not because of total lack of effort, but dumb play and poor skills.
Once TDK came on, it wasn't so bad, but baffled on Kennedy as sub. I am not totally down on next year, but am hoping to see some personnel changes on and off field. I just hope those involved in inner sanctum don't think that next step is a little step.

Really sad way to finish the year, to start like that in an elimination final was beyond disappointing, a game that should have been built up as do or die and we gave them a 60 point head start.

Really pissed off with Voss and the MC for constantly making garbage selection decisions all year and it continued tonight, everybody makes mistakes but if Voss keeps making them, then it seems he is either super stubborn or he doesnt think they’re mistakes.

Starting TDK as sub, only to sub him on half way through the 2nd was a joke. Starting Cerra was a mistake let alone picking him in the first place, keeping Durdin and Motlop who last match had less impact in 4 quarters than Moir had in 1 was garbage.

Not sure why Cincotta wouldn’t have been considered to play forward pocket in place of Durdin or Motlop, he’s not going two games in a row only getting 4 touches and no goals if he played there.

Just saw footage of Voss addressing the players and they obviously look flat, i just hope there’s someone there who challenges the coach, talks to the coach and calls out his poor performances and puts it on him to get better.

Let's hope we haven't missed our opportunity with Tasmania coming in. Not a good time to be bottoming out in a few years

They don't need to bottom out.

They have some potential in their hands. They are just not using it correctly.

We saw glimpses of it in the last two home and away games. The attention needs to be on further developing their games and looking less towards Williams, Fantasia, Acres, etc.

Why was TDK sub? Why was Cincotta dropped? What has the genius of a coach said about that? Was it a tactic or a strategy or mind games?

Cincotta toils away all year in a selfless roll, has some great moments along the way, and come a final where he has a ready made defensive match up, Voss finds a way to move him out of the side. What on earth are they thinking?

I've also just felt the MC don't have the stones to do whats needed with the rucks, they've tried all year to force them both into the team and tonight it culminated in the most bizarre episode yet where one starts as sub.

I feel like the mess with all the potential changes just got to the MC and they were scatter-brained and spoiled the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it absurd that ppl keep saying we need to stick with Voss because we can’t keep sacking coaches. Love boss but the guy clearly can’t coach. Couldn’t do it at port. Because we have failed with a few coaches doesn’t mean we need to stick with something that clearly isn’t working. Match selection was a joke. Doc love him but f me… the guy hasn’t played since round 1. MC is picking favourites, would cop a loss playing you g guys giving an effort but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity
So... lets sack yet another coach... **** me if we aren't already a ****ing laughing stock for doing that.

How many coaches have we had since 2000? If you don't know... it's 9 coaches since Parkin retired at the end of 2000.

Parkin
Brittain
Pagan
Ratts
Malthouse
Barker (twice)
Bolton
Teague
Voss

If we take away Pagan who had basically handed over to Brittain as the matchday coach in 2000, it's 8 coaches. Or a coach every three years. Every 3 years. Lets look at Richmond... on the verge of sacking Hardwick, huge rumours that his head was on the block and what happens... everything clicks and he wins 3 grand finals in 4 years. He was there for 13 years. Before they started winning finals, they were called Ninthmond.

But no... it's the Carlton way. Sack the coach roughly every 3 ****ing years.

Cincotta toils away all year in a selfless roll, has some great moments along the way, and come a final where he has a ready made defensive match up, Voss finds a way to move him out of the side. What on earth are they thinking?

I've also just felt the MC don't have the stones to do whats needed with the rucks, they've tried all year to force them both into the team and tonight it culminated in the most bizarre episode yet where one starts as sub.

I feel like the mess with all the potential changes just got to the MC and they were scatter-brained and spoiled the whole thing.
Voss keeps saying he wants to 2 rucks.. almost feel the MC finally realised to not follow that desire.

Voss found a way to drop Cincotta, Kennedy and Hewett.

His values are ****en terrible.

Why aren’t we building those consistent behaviours. Preaching the same thing since his first presser 3 years ago..
he said it again..

we got a double down on xy z

we are clear on that

we are not at the level we need to be at

clearly get after a bit more

blah blah blah

same ol shit

The year was a write off due to the injuries i think. We need to make changes to the assistant coaches, but i think Vossy should be given another year at least.

Considering that we were sixty to zero points down early in the second quarter, we did well to keep the losing margin down to under thirty points in the end.

Our form since the end of June has been that of a bottom four team, and we failed dismally to build on the progress we made last year.

If i said that i had every confidence that Vossy is the right man for the job at this stage then i'd be lying.

There is serious issues with selection integrity at this club amongst other issues as well. Here we are our premiership famine has now extended into it's thirtieth year sadly.

Team selection rightfully being teared apart on Fox.
Does it really surprise you? Was a cla
So... lets sack yet another coach... **** me if we aren't already a ****ing laughing stock for doing that.

How many coaches have we had since 2000? If you don't know... it's 9 coaches since Parkin retired at the end of 2000.

Parkin
Brittain
Pagan
Ratts
Malthouse
Barker (twice)
Bolton
Teague
Voss

If we take away Pagan who had basically handed over to Brittain as the matchday coach in 2000, it's 8 coaches. Or a coach every three years. Every 3 years. Lets look at Richmond... on the verge of sacking Hardwick, huge rumours that his head was on the block and what happens... everything clicks and he wins 3 grand finals in 4 years. He was there for 13 years. Before they started winning finals, they were called Ninthmond.

But no... it's the Carlton way. Sack the coach roughly every 3 ****ing years.
They didn’t work and?
So let’s hold Voss tight and pray to Jesus he comes good. Meanwhile Cripps is in a wheelchair, Charlie is farming beef and weiters is a general in the army!
Let’s hold tight and pray our game plan will change with the Same coach 🙃

Just don't see it with Voss, we seem to only bomb it long. Even when we win, we rarely dominate. Voss coached Brisbane, then was under Ken, now he's coaching us. Wish he had went to a few clubs to see some different ways.

Sad to be here, but I think if he isn't sacked soon, he will be at some point in 2025. Why waste another season, we now have a 70 odd game track record, he's not it
How many seasons did Hardwick have before he was sacked at Richmond? Oh wait... he wasn't The club stuck fat with him and how many premierships did he win in a 4 year period after it was rumoured that he was going to be sacked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back