Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination final vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s not forget that the window on this team is closing. We don’t have time to waste and see if Voss can turn it around

Body of work over 3 years shows he is tactically terrible
Yes that is true but we seem to have also surrounded our tactically inept coach, with equally tactically inept assistant coaches imo.

Embarrassed ourselves in ariel contests throughout the game, midfield spanked in the first half

That wasn't about selection, it was about poor intent from the first bounce
Totally agree with your 1st para 👍

Totally disagree with the 2nd
👎

No idea, but sitting behind the goals, it seems players were waiting for someone else to go at the ball and the man
It’s all been between the ears for our club for a while now which is a worry.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but Kingsley would’ve been the perfect balance between alpha male and strategist for us this group

This 100%, so noticeable.
Saady has gone from an attacking run & carry half back, to an absolute defender. The guy is a weapon - use him!!
Strangely enough, they are also doing the same thing to Boyd (who's confidence looked destroyed by the end of his stint in the team). Beautiful kick of the ball over 60m, every other team in the AFL would be desperate to get the ball in his hands, but we barely played through him and forced him to defend defend defend.

A smart team will poach Boyd.

I honestly think this Kennedy sub thing, given both his personal circumstances and overall status within the side, will be considered pretty unforgivable by the playing group. Hard to get trust/respect back after a seriously horrific call like that.

Reckon something was already not right between coach and players (perhaps they think, like the rest of us, that the game style they are being asked to execute is pure shit?), this could make it a whole lot worse.
I hope you are right. Absolutely nobody can agree with the TDK sub decision

Yes that is true but we seem to have also surrounded our tactically inept coach, with equally tactically inept assistants imo.
What I'd like to see is one or two of our coaching panel that have had previous senior coaching experience . I hope that we pursue somebody like Simpson. Collingwood had at least two last year, Hardwick had a couple at Richmond along the journey, as did Clarkson at Hawthorn. I'm not suggesting a mentor for Voss, he isn't a rookie coach but I'm sure that somebody who has been in the hot seat before would be a good person to bounce ideas off.

Rebuild?

C’mon we were second 6 rounds ago and had Charlie in the stands tonight.

We need some better small/ mid sized forwards, Moir will help for next year.

Another key defender and some luck with injuries.

Get rid of the the constantly injured and get Voss some help. I don’t think he’s a great coach but he’s not bad either… but game day, match ups and tactically he gets out coached too often.

This team can’t allow themselves to be known for just being tough… they need to be known as winners.
Seriously if you can not see the red signs flashing you must be blind
-7th oldest list already
-constantly injured
-only victories in last 10 weeks against bottom 4 clubs
-60 to zero before we scored

He was fantastic, been very good since coming back and honestly the MC have clearly got that one wrong also pretty much all year.

There is a severe lack of selection integrity with this coaching group, players can go out of form and find it in the magoos. There’s nothing wrong going back and playing in the twos to find form and fitness, it’s been going on for 150 years and proven level to actually make you a better footballer.

For some reason, this MC don’t want to have a bar of it, it’s so infuriating

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is a problem with such a poor seconds side. Playing in weak teams doenst help the case for individuals to push for selection.

Young has been more than serviceable these past few weeks, but was big average in the VFL. It actually makes selection hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give up Dram, as they say in the poker world: When you cannot spot the dud at the table - you're it
Oh... it's you again. Funny how you always seem to show up after a loss and bag out the coach.

Now... lets have a look at Voss' record coaching at Carlton
2022 11 wins, 10 losses
2023 13 wins 9 losses 1 draw
2024 13 wins 10 losses

I do believe that 37 wins, 1 draw, and 29 losses is actually a positive win/loss ratio. But whingers have to whinge... so whinge away.

It’s all been between the ears for our club for a while now which is a worry.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but Kingsley would’ve been the perfect balance between alpha male and strategist for us this group

Our club when looking for the coach to replace Teague made several comments that we weren’t looking for a rookie coach, at the time I didn’t give it much thought, but now i find it really bad.

Imagine looking to fill a role and going in with a pre conceived idea that 3/4 of the applicants aren’t suitable and shouldn’t bother.

How many seasons did Hardwick have before he was sacked at Richmond? Oh wait... he wasn't The club stuck fat with him and how many premierships did he win in a 4 year period after it was rumoured that he was going to be sacked?
Please Dram, give it up. Hardwick was in his first few years as a coach. Voss has been a senior and assistant for 16 years. You want to wait another 16?

His media training is spot on, I reckon he practices those little smiles (which he throws in as much as possible) in front of the mirror multiple times each day.
Club selected him as he was “a big name” & uncompromising.
Nope, he’s just another super star footballer who can’t coach - just like Watson, Bucks & Hird before him. To be fair reckon Buck & Hird have him covered but at least he’s better than Timmy.
Nope. After it was publicly stated we needed an experienced coach and the rest fitting that mould turned us down, Voss was the next best.
Cook had very little influence over the appointment and expressed his concern about the process on Voss’ selection.
Has been incredibly supportive however.

I’m a dumb arse supporter but even I said Doc has always been an average to poor kick.He had no hope of picking up the speed of the game after a year out.
The romantized bullshit was transperant of dumb dumb decision.It was selfish and arrogant from Doc thinking he’s better than the young dynamic replacement.I understand he’s delusion but the coach should sit above and see that lord bins Moir have played all year and are hardened.
He ****ed up then tried to piss on us and tell us it’s raining with abysmal press conference.
To be honest with you I think he’s dumb or dishonest

Strangely enough, they are also doing the same thing to Boyd (who's confidence looked destroyed by the end of his stint in the team). Beautiful kick of the ball over 60m, every other team in the AFL would be desperate to get the ball in his hands, but we barely played through him and forced him to defend defend defend.

A smart team will poach Boyd.
We're way, way too good at stifling players creativity and flair.

Can't be a coincidence that some of our best footy has been times when the shackles are dropped and players just do their thing.

I get wanting to have a proper system in place, next soldier in line etc, but the best teams manage to have systems that still foster the talents of their individual players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Elimination Final Blues blown away in first half. Never looked likely.

Back