Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: McGovern Young Newman
HB: Saad Weitering Ollie
C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Elijah McKay Cincotta
F: Owies Curnow Kemp

R: Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I: Kennedy Fantasia Cowan Lord
Sub: Moir

IN: McKay, Curnow, McGovern.
OUT: Durdin, Motlop, Carroll

Sticking with Fantasia over Williams because I'm concerned Zac doesn't get through the game and also their output is pretty similar around 10 disposal, 1 goal so it's marginal choice on form anyway.
Assuming TDK not ready
Not risking Cerra or Doc if available (lack of match fitness)
Sticking with Moir as super-sub.

Last edited:

I’m one of his bigger supporters but I can see kemp getting dropped. We look better with Lewis next to weiters and I can see them picking Martin. Starts to look unbalanced with kemp as well

If they pick Martin they are deadset flipping idiots

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Queensland interstate member here - if anyone is unable to make the trip and might have access to tickets with their membership, please shoot me a message - my long-suffering friend and I would love to go. Looking for anywhere from 2-5 tickets and would be ever grateful :hearts:

Queensland interstate member here - if anyone is unable to make the trip and might have access to tickets with their membership, please shoot me a message - my long-suffering friend and I would love to go. Looking for anywhere from 2-5 tickets and would be ever grateful s:

I’ve got 4 membership bar codes you can use for the presale
2 Adults, a concession and a child ticket.

They never look at the tickets when you go in so getting an Adult in on a concession and junior should be no issue.

I went to the dogs game at Marvel and paid for 4 children tickets as I could only get standing room, junior/children were free that day

B: McGovern Young Newman
HB: Saad Weitering Ollie
C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Elijah McKay Cincotta
F: Owies Curnow Kemp

R: Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I: Kennedy Fantasia Cowan Lord
Sub: Moir

IN: McKay, Curnow, McGovern.
OUT: Durdin, Motlop, Carroll

Sticking with Fantasia over Williams because I'm concerned Zac doesn't get through the game and also their output is pretty similar around 10 disposal, 1 goal so it's marginal choice on form anyway.
Assuming TDK not ready
Not risking Cerra or Doc if available (lack of match fitness)
Sticking with Moir as super-sub.
Williams & Fant similar?
WTF! Zac kicking multiples, bring team mates into play, showing deadset class & skill - basically kicking ass forward is the length of the straight ahead of Fant

Last edited:
How many we thinking are heading to the Gabba? Wont be a repeat of that prelim crowd (not sure if we'd get that split for an elimination final anyway) but if we can get some of the bagger army in there we'll drown them out again.

Just waiting on that barcode baby.....

Fantasia was moving really, really well last night, also hit the contests at the right spot

Am I crazy or is Moir the best 3rd tall option we have? He is really quick too, really alarmed Dougal with his first smother attempt, you can tell he didn’t think he was that quick as he skied the kick as Moir sprinted at him

Only concern with Moir is the fitness, otherwise he is a walk up. Has looked incredible in short bursts without Charlie and Harry taking the best two defenders.

A long time ago in a far away place. No different to citing the four goals Fanta kicked a while back. Yes Williams does have a bit more extrovert energy. Won't help us if he's subbed out before half time.
lol u can’t compare the two - one is a A grade player, the other is a question why we gave him 2yrs & who barely touches the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering organising a meet up for the Friday evening - maybe at the Aussie National or the Pineapple.

If anyone is interested please like this comment and if there's sufficient interest I'll start a PM group.

Cheers.

Fantasia was moving really, really well last night, also hit the contests at the right spot

Am I crazy or is Moir the best 3rd tall option we have? He is really quick too, really alarmed Dougal with his first smother attempt, you can tell he didn’t think he was that quick as he skied the kick as Moir sprinted at him

Only concern with Moir is the fitness, otherwise he is a walk up. Has looked incredible in short bursts without Charlie and Harry taking the best two defenders.

Agree on Moir. Unless we make trades this trade period: Curnow - McKay - Kemp - Moir is four of six forwards.

I'd be pumping games into him next year like we did Ollie this year. I know Ollie already has a tank and you probably can't play Moir every week but it would be a similar theory.

His feel for the game and IQ is already advanced. He's a natural.

lol u can’t compare the two - one is a A grade player, the other is a question why we gave him 2yrs & who barely touches the footy
I can compare them. Williams was struggling to hold his place until he slipped under the radar forward for a few games. I'm about 60-40 in favour if Fantasia for this game. A month ago it would have been Williams 90-10.

Agree on Moir. Unless we make trades this trade period: Curnow - McKay - Kemp - Moir is four of six forwards.

I'd be pumping games into him next year like we did Ollie this year. I know Ollie already has a tank and you probably can't play Moir every week but it would be a similar theory.

His feel for the game and IQ is already advanced. He's a natural.
Gets a game ahead of Motlop for me

Needs to be best 22 against Lions

He has the energy and forward line needs

Was pumping up the boys at the start of the 4th

How many we thinking are heading to the Gabba? Wont be a repeat of that prelim crowd (not sure if we'd get that split for an elimination final anyway) but if we can get some of the bagger army in there we'll drown them out again.

Just waiting on that barcode baby.....

Round 1 crowd was pretty loud on the TV

b75d563f88c06ba0291257ff71d870b4.jpg

Required Tactics

Lower the eyes going forward

Take the ball to the flanks if needed instead of bombs forward
Be patient - reward the hit up leads

Charlie and Harry and Kemp
Have to be leading forwards - don’t wrestle - Andrews will pick us off
Small forwards need to leave a space on one side of ground to lead to

Defend the ground - man to man
Zone defense for 2 kicks max to allow our defense to re position when we turnover the ball in our F50
Then man to man - teams are picking our zone apart and getting too many easy forward entries

For what exactly?

One or two good touches passes doesn't cut it...while other players bust their arses off.

Comes down to work rate and no players can be carried across at this stage. We need all 22 working really hard....its the only way we win at the moment.

Fantasia cops a lot of flack and I don't believe he will be in the side with those coming in.

But at the game his role is interesting. He creates a lot of space and opportunities. Very hard runner and makes the most of little opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back