Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. And it is better than him having brain fades. He can get fitter, not sure players get smarter.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He can play. Just needs a preseason.
All reports were he was flying last preseason, and then the injuries struck.

I wouldn’t play him finals though if we have a choice.

TDK is crucial for us. McInerney gave Pitto a bath in the finals last year. Pittonet can't jump and he just reached over him and controlled the hitouts too well. TDK has the ability to jump into him and disrupt his control and was able to break even with him in the opening round of the year.

I'm Hoping DeKoning gets up. He improved a lot this season. Became a real clearance weapon as well as a ruck.

I just think this will be one of the key battles of the day.
Pittonet needs to use his greatest and only asset. Physicality

Same could be said for Harry McKay. Only difference is McKay hasn’t won a final off his own boot. Daniher has.CLUTCH. Not to mention Curnow is yet to step up in a finals moment.
Daniher cost you a top 4 spot anyway you want to look at it. Another season of failure if you don't win it this year.

I’d keep Kemp forward and Young back, even if Curnow and McKay are back. I like Kemp as a player but think he was quite poor down back, especially as the season went on. Don’t want to see Cripps rucking again so keeping Kemp forward can allow McKay to roll through there.

Dogs rushed quite a few back from injuries in the 2016 finals, I’m sure there are a million examples were rushing back players hasn’t worked but I think you roll the dice on any of the soft tissue ones. More concerned about Docherty doing the knee again coming back too soon but it sounds like he is the most ready to go.

Well...and nice hands too. His deft tap to 7 o'clock for Hewett to run on to and hit up a leading Kennedy(?), was champagne football.

He looks shorter than many rucks he's supposedly taller than though...either the reported 202cm has a bit of mayo on it, or he has a short wingspan...or both.

Well...and nice hands too. His deft tap to 7 o'clock for Hewett to run on to and hit up a leading Kennedy(?), was champagne football.

He looks shorter than many rucks he's supposedly taller than though...either the reported 202cm has a bit of mayo on it, or he has a short wingspan...or both.

It's because most other rucks can jump - Pitto literally cannot off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm bringing along the Top Hat so Vossy can pull a few Rabbits out of it in the 4th Quarter when we need a little luck
I reckon it is about making the most of our opportunities so Charlie, Harry and Kemp need to wear their kicking boots.
I want to see Charlie and Harry getting an early one to settle the nerves

Will probably be relying on Gangster Daniher, Hippers & Co not wearing their kicking boots
Will be nice to see TDK back .... we really need him

Same could be said for Harry McKay. Only difference is McKay hasn’t won a final off his own boot. Daniher has.CLUTCH. Not to mention Curnow is yet to step up in a finals moment.

With all due respect if you described Daniher as ‘clutch’ to the wider football community you’d probably be laughed at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately he needs to but also needs to be able to really jump. McInerney just reaches over the top of him. I don't know if he has any other tactics but it was one of the key areas we lost the game last year and won the game this year with DeKoning. DeKoning is a good defensive ruck, it's very hard to direct hitouts if you are getting jumped into which he does well.

Unfortunately he needs to but also needs to be able to really jump. McInerney just reaches over the top of him. I don't know if he has any other tactics but it was one of the key areas we lost the game last year and won the game this year with DeKoning. DeKoning is a good defensive ruck, it's very hard to direct hitouts if you are getting jumped into which he does well.
Pittonet can't jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back