Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moir seems to be everything I've wanted from the Sub all season. I've lamented putting the likes of Kennedy & Hewett in the sub vest. They don't offer the game breaking attributes that bringing someone on for a quarter can give you. They really don't offer much off the bench.

Moir though is perfect for that. Doesn't have the tank for a full game, but is electric for a qtr and a half with game breaking ability when defenders will be tiring. Beautiful.
Risk vs Reward
Great if we can sub Moir late in the 3rd but we're in trouble and will run outta legs I'd we get a injury early in the game

Just heard Chris Scott talk about Cam Guthrie & Tom Hawkins being fit to play this week but aren’t “finals ready”. As such they will play in VFL this weekend

Wonder what Voss’s thinking is?

They have 2 chances we have one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends what you mean by "just". Had been doing non-contact training for a while and has been full training for the past 3 weeks - as of a week ago, so 4 weeks now and nearly 5 by game time.

I think that's a fair amount.
But little contact work. I want to believe but scared of what could happen

We lost our chance when we botched top 4 IMO.

Brisbane
Sydney
Adelaide oval (most likely)

If we win it after travelling 3 times would go down in history.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m tipping the cats to take care of Port.

We’ll beat GWS up there, don’t think we beat Sydney up there though

Melbourne prelim v Cats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ins: Anyone who can hold a tackle, not honey bee the ball, and who lowers their eyes, kicking inside 50.
Outs: Anyone who can't run out a game, can't raise their arms above their shoulders, or can't be bothered putting on pressure.
Our team for this week is anybody's guess. The selection of Honey however, is very left field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not actually fitness that concerns me. It's more about health and ability to play at close to 100% without restrictions

Can Charlie move properly on his foot, TDK the same. Can Williams, McGovern stretch out with their Hamstring issues?

Docherty of course is a bit of both
Concern with Charlie is he hasn't been able to train in 3 weeks. That's a big risk to be bought in for a high temp final.

Out: Owies (Susp), J Carroll, Motlop, Binns, Fantasia
In: McKay, Curnow, Docherty, Williams, McGovern

Cowan Weitering Newman
McGovern Young Saad
O Hollands Cripps Acres
E Hollands McKay C Durdin
Williams Curnow Kemp
Pittonet Hewett Walsh

Kennedy Lord Docherty Cincotta

Sub: Moir

I'm concerned that we become slower with the outs, but all of the ins are experienced and necessary. If we are to win, it will be because of our pressure and toughness, not because of pace. It is all going to come down to how we set up, and making good choices.

I've surprised myself by keeping Durdin in over Fantasia, but he's quicker, hits hard in his tackles and is better placed to rove off the bigger bodies. Fantasia gets up the ground more to link up and I feel that Doc will fill that role.

Out: Owies (Susp), J Carroll, Motlop, Binns, Fantasia
In: McKay, Curnow, Docherty, Williams, McGovern

Cowan Weitering Newman
McGovern Young Saad
O Hollands Cripps Acres
E Hollands McKay C Durdin
Williams Curnow Kemp
Pittonet Hewett Walsh

Kennedy Lord Docherty Cincotta

Sub: Moir

I'm concerned that we become slower with the outs, but all of the ins are experienced and necessary. If we are to win, it will be because of our pressure and toughness, not because of pace. It is all going to come down to how we set up, and making good choices.

I've surprised myself by keeping Durdin in over Fantasia, but he's quicker, hits hard in his tackles and is better placed to rove off the bigger bodies. Fantasia gets up the ground more to link up and I feel that Doc will fill that role.
I wouldn't risk durdin with his bung shoulders - Motlop will not be omitted imo.

Durdin has had good moments in last 2 games (until injured) but I think Motlop is more reliable and prolly not too much difference between the two in terms of output?

I wouldn't risk durdin with his bung shoulders - Motlop will not be omitted imo.

Durdin has had good moments in last 2 games (until injured) but I think Motlop is more reliable and prolly not too much difference between the two in terms of output?

Motlop has been awful the past couple of weeks. He does not chase hard enough, does not work hard enough, and his pace is middling at best. If Durdin is fit, then he doesn't have bung shoulders. I don't rate him right now. In fact, I don't rate any of our small forwards aside from Williams. However, we need to play at least one of Durdin, Motlop or Fantasia for balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back