Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the players had a mini match sim today. Wonder what the outcome of that will be regarding selections this week.

Whilst I would love to have Doc playing, we have to be careful not to have too many players that cannot play the game out

If we have Doc, Moir and Lord - they can't all be subbed, and then we are limited in terms of bench availability - especially, if we get an early injury :straining:

Hence, 100% fit is an important criteria for our finals

I was going to point out a couple of days ago that it was fortunate for us that we are playing up here this weekend, and not this weekend just gone, as the weather has been ridiculously hot.

Got up to over 34 degrees over the weekend... would have been debilitating to play footy in.

It's cooling during the week, 25 tomorrow, 23 Wed.. but Sat is back up to 28 so that idea is gone. Likely by game time it will be down to a balmy feeling 22-24, which up here will still be quite dewy and humid so will feel warmer than that especially to play in.

Running out the game will be something to watch for us, especially from the returning guys.

Last edited:
Whilst I would love to have Doc playing, we have to be careful not to have too many players that cannot play the game out

If we have Doc, Moir and Lord - they can't all be subbed, and then we are limited in terms of bench availability - especially, if we get an early injury :straining:

Oh no you don't!

Hence, 100% fit is an important criteria

Precisely…this isn’t round 1 where no teams are at peak fitness, this is a final where you have to be prepared to go at 100% for 80-90% of the game.

No way Moir can do that, Lord has been playing ~65% of game time and Doc hasn’t played a game for 6 months.

Something has to give, highly doubt Moir will play and neither will Martin or Cerra.

At very best, Doc will be sub….and then you pray we don’t get our usual early injury

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was going to point out a couple of days ago that it was fortunate for us that we are playing up here this weekend, and not this weekend just gone, as the weather has been ridiculously hot.

Got up to over 34 degrees over the weekend... would have been debilitating to play footy in.

It's cooling during the week, 25 tomorrow, 23 Wed.. but Sat is back up to 28 so that idea is gone. Likely by game time it will be down to a balmy feeling 22-24, which up here will still be quite dewy and humid so will feel warmer than that especially to play in.

Running out the game will be something to watch for us, especially in from the returning guys.
Thanks for rubbing it in. We’re living in blizzard conditions in Melbourne.🥶

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that if Doc makes it to the big show and gets a winners medal, he might consider all the pain and suffering he suffered for the last 6 years, testicular cancer and 3 ACL's to be well worth the price.

If he comes back in and helps us go all the way, I don't think that a single Carlton supporter would complain if he decided to hang his boots up.

He'll come back and make sure he gives his all for another crack. The day he retires will be the day he has nothing, and I mean nothing left to give. That's DOC.

Last 3 standing get selected?
Stare Down The Good The Bad And The Ugly GIF

Not if these guys have anything to do with it.

The thing about TDK is even besides the nature of his injury, he strikes me in particular as a type that benefits from continuity, so even if he's technically right to go, not sure he'd be anywhere near his best. Would love to be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back