Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don’t understand the push for Doc to play.
Yes he is a great player & leader when firing - but prone to loose dump kicks & being ineffectual in the middle when he’s not.

There’s no way he’s match fit & just isn’t going to come in & play anywhere near the peak of his powers.

It’s finals footy, being match fit, strong & switched on to the pace of the game means everything.

You can examine all the parts that make up a game, but to me what counts first & foremost is composure & sticking tackles!

That first pressure act & tackle means the world, miss it u get slaughtered.

If Tom plays do they play two rucks or one?

Well we would be way too tall if they did. It would mean they would have Tom Charlie Harry and Kemp as forwards. May as well not show up.

They’re not dropping Kemp. 4 goals one week then worked so hard defensively as a forward against saints that their key interceptors did not mark the ball.

And he just isn’t going to be able to resist Tom if he was able to play match sim.

So change one seems highly likely:
1. in TDK out Pitto

2+3 are obvious: In Harry and Charlie (they will play him) Out Owies and Carroll (played forward vs Saints)

I think they will want Cinc forward to tag Zorko and try and snag a goal or two. Which leaves Ollie full time back and no wing cover. That will be Doc in the Cotts role. High half forward wing cover on 65 percent game time.

So change 4 Doc in for Mots who lost his spot to Cinc.

5. Williams for Durdin seems simple. It’s him or Fantasia and I think Durdin’s shoulders will worry them.

6. Moir out for MCG but Kennedy to go to sub.

Hard to see much different to that playing out now.

Kennedy Doc Lord Fantasia all sub options I guess.

I think you can play 2 rucks against Brisbane. And the Giants for that matter.
It very much matters which ruckman/team you're going against.
And I don't think you can drop Pitto this week, and go in with only TDK.

As for being too tall in the forwardline, you have to factor in who you're replacing.
Kemp might not have the smarts of Owies, but his pressure is really good, and he's much more capable of making (and winning) a contest.
Motlop has been hopeless, he looks so unfit.

My guess is we make 5 changes, picking only 1 of TDK or Doch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don’t understand the push for Doc to play.
Yes he is a great player & leader when firing - but prone to loose dump kicks & being ineffectual in the middle when he’s not.

There’s no way he’s match fit & just isn’t going to come in & play anywhere near the peak of his powers.

It’s finals footy, being match fit, strong & switched on to the pace of the game means everything.

You can examine all the parts that make up a game, but to me what counts first & foremost is composure & sticking tackles!

That first pressure act & tackle means the world, miss it u get slaughtered.

Docherty is one of my favourite Carlton players of all time. Picking him really worries me

Deep down I struggle to believe we can win the flag this year. Our form and injuries make it very hard

I would much rather see Docherty have another 6 months to get stronger and be ready for 2025. I really believe we can give 2025 a big shake and Docherty will really help

IMO, for Doc the risks outweigh the benefits and I see a bigger picture

The emotional aspect says pick him. My logical side says no

He isn't a conditional footballer, he goes at 100%, he just can't stay on the park for more than 5 minutes

100%. Martin is tough and a damn good player. Has a real crack. Issue is purely we can't trust his body
Nah, historically only looks to like he's putting in once every four games and it takes him 12 months to put 4 games together anyway.

I'm off him completely.

Docherty is one of my favourite Carlton players of all time. Picking him really worries me

Deep down I struggle to believe we can win the flag this year. Our form and injuries make it very hard

I would much rather see Docherty have another 6 months to get stronger and be ready for 2025. I really believe we can give 2025 a big shake and Docherty will really help

IMO, for Doc the risks outweigh the benefits and I see a bigger picture

The emotional aspect says pick him. My logical side says no
Doc would be a great sub, ease him back into the pace of finals footy. Who knows, if we win this week and don't sustain more injuries, we are a chance to be at near full strength in a fairly 'open' race to this years flag.

We could steal it, depending on how fit our players really are.

Who knows, if we win this week and don't sustain more injuries, we are a chance to be at near full strength
Happy Excuse Me GIF

Nah, historically only looks to like he's putting in once every four games and it takes him 12 months to put 4 games together anyway.

I'm off him completely.
Funny how we all see different things in our player's. I really don't see the conditional part at all. Jack could well be a very

important piece to our structure this Sat night. With so many player's either almost fit enough to play or on the cusp of

selection. I think Martin is one that makes sense to roll the dice on. But, then again with so many borderline fit. It is also

fraught with danger. If Charlie is not selected, then maybe Jack could help our forward line and do some scoreboard

damage. I do love his attack on the footy, he is one of our hardest player's. Reckon this is one reason why he gets injured

so much.

I was told 2 weeks ago that injury Charlie has needs a good 6-8 weeks of rest. He’s very sore

I can only assume that he will play hindered and possibly with a jab

I’m uncomfortable with this. He will play but Charlie since being injured has been a shadow of his best

Personally, I’d rather go Kemp McKay Kennedy up forward with Cripps rotating through. Moir as sub
For all the talk of Moir not being ready for 4 quarters, I reckon you could make a case he's closer to it than Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back