Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't have Cerra?
I thought he was a definite out still...if he is one of those bolded types I would play him and put Doch in as a sub. When I think about the bolded ones- - especially the forward line- we need enough blokes that can rotate forward/mid to cover...

Voss and Co are in a rock and a hard place and have been since the bye with the injury luck - I agree with Cornes on SEN btw which posted as I was typing- no brainer to play the better players even if they are only 80%.

I thought he was a definite out still...if he is one of those bolded types I would play him and put Doch in as a sub. When I think about the bolded ones- - especially the forward line- we need enough blokes that can rotate forward/mid to cover...

Voss and Co are in a rock and a hard place and have been since the bye with the injury luck - I agree with Cornes on SEN btw which posted as I was typing- no brainer to play the better players even if they are only 80%.

I wouldn't play him, but I'm sure he was included as one who trained yesterday.

But when fit, he's clearly in our best team.

my only concern with Cerra is that he hasnt come back well post injury. For me, he and TDK are in the 2025 bucket, as should be Doc tbh

There’s definitely an air of desperation with playing him. Maybe if TDK was fit they would’ve been more comfortable to rest him. Either way, if we pull off a win then Charlie will still be hindered next week so they’re just carrying another injured key player
And of course the opposition know he will be hindered and will run off him at every opportunity, if not "accidentally" kicking/ stomping on his foot.

Cornes also said he wouldn't play Docherty

my only concern with Cerra is that he hasnt come back well post injury. For me, he and TDK are in the 2025 bucket, as should be Doc tbh
Ive got the same concerns as everyone - every player in my bold is a 'risk' - it is what it is. If Carlton loses this one- every player has six months to get fit and ready for the 2025 season - unless medical opinion says hey too risky for LT injury - then the balance of selection has to go to proven developed players - more than not.

It si a conundrum.

I would agree with this.

Its finals fever, you cannot simply going into finals with caution and negativity in mind.

scrap them up and play the best 22.

Yeap, way too much focus on intangibles. Somewhat like the media, who aren't in the inner sanctum either

How many times do we need to hear someone's preferences before it becomes an agenda in attempt to sway others

Considering the extent to which we are being gleefully written off in the main board, winning this one would be particularly sweet.

I know it was the opening round and that the Lions did start the year poorly, but we did emerge victorious from the Gabba earlier this year.

With a bit of luck hopefully we'll repeat the trick this coming Saturday. The footy god's granted us a second chance to put things right. Let's make the most of it now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd play Kemp as the third tall up front regardless. And play McGovern/Young as the second and third tall down back.

Id even rather play Ashton for a full game.

He'd play for 15, accidentally end one of his team mates years and pull a muscle doing so.
He won't be at the club next year. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't represent us again.
Silent Film Vintage GIF

Have this playing on repeat at the club from tomorrow
We have a chance to do a Lazarus
Bring the heat and be proud and we can get this done

Think doc is fit and can play out the game, his biggest worry is the knee, Charlie and TdK seem to be the most suspect.
If tdk is in, Pitto has to play. He must be on a bruise mission this week.
If Cerra and Martin are fit (or can play) then they play. Martin is one of the reasons we can win this game.
Loved what the kids did but it's grown ups time for the next 4 weeks.
Would love Moir and Lord to play but if they have a pulse the magnificent 7 and Doc come in.
All in
Go blues

How about we start with people's view of what the ideal 'perfect' team selection would be assuming every player on the list is available - apart from the obvious LT injured and suspended? Speculating on who is fit ( enough) and who isnt is a merry-go-round. The bolded players are the known injury question marks - which then sets up a structured discussion in my mind. The greyed players I reckon are playing injured/very sore anyway.

My best team to beat Brisbane would be:

Young Weitering Cowan
Saad McGovern Newman

Acres Cripps Ollie
Pittonet Walsh Hewett

Martin Harry E Hollands
Williams Charlie Kemp

IC: Kennedy Cincotta TDK Docherty
EM:
Lord/Carroll

The conundrum for selection is pretty obvious - people call it 'risk' - but the real risk ( assuming you want to win the game) is choosing players who aren't better than their opponents are likely to be - even if they are 100% fit.

We wont have enough information to make informed debate - but just looking at the number of bolded players makes me shake my head and laugh tbh.

There is no way Binns/Moir/Lord/Carroll ( who I reckon is showing great signs ) can match it with the Brisbane players. It will be be a battle for E Hollands and Ollie to do same - let alone Young and Cowan.

I rate Brisbane as one of the Top3 teams in the competition for balance and class all over the park - they are probably #1.
The reason no one expects Carlton to win this one - is obvious.
However - IF by some miracle the team above can be selected - you never know. The point I am making is the more of the bolded players who aren't in teh team - teh more pressure there is on the players who can actually win a contest more than not - that means Cripps especially.

Carlton seeds to spread the load realistically not in some imaginary fashion pretending 19 year old VFL players in a bottom 2 VFL team are not going to be lambs to the slaughter.

It is ok for 1-2 young ones to be thrown into the mix - but if you have 4-6 of them they will get absolutely obliterated and make it too easy for Brisbane to play free and easy uncontested fast football.
i don't rate them so highly, otherwise great post!

Have this playing on repeat at the club from tomorrow
We have a chance to do a Lazarus
Bring the heat and be proud and we can get this done

Think doc is fit and can play out the game, his biggest worry is the knee, Charlie and TdK seem to be the most suspect.
If tdk is in, Pitto has to play. He must be on a bruise mission this week.
If Cerra and Martin are fit (or can play) then they play. Martin is one of the reasons we can win this game.
Loved what the kids did but it's grown ups time for the next 4 weeks.
Would love Moir and Lord to play but if they have a pulse the magnificent 7 and Doc come in.
All in
Go blues
big no to cerra, prefer lord.

If people think were any chance to beat the lions without Charlie even half fit then they’re are kidding themselves.
Charlie as per recent form is good for 2-3 goals at best and that probably includes 1 or 2 sodas. He's not capable of a 5+ match winning game currently unfortunately. Unless the time off has made a massive difference to his mobility.

We shouldn't be surprised no one is tipping us, we've won 2 of our last how many games, players either injured or returning from injury and playing Brisbane who have won so many games in the run in to finals.

We just feel as a supporter base, we are in with a real chance because of situation we have found ourselves in. By round 16 we were clearly in the top two teams. Dispensing all sides pretty comfortably. Things just fell apart. Totally understandable we are confident as supporters but also totally understandable those outside the club wouldn't give us a chance.

Cornes also said he wouldn't play Docherty

As did Jonno Brown and Garry Lyon and Bucks said at best as sub

All of those people understand how hard this game is, let alone playing a final first game back in 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back