Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong chance of a late change, or two. Cinc in to take Zorko, for Cerra. Looks a no brainer to me.

Another possibility would be Motlop out for Moir. This is perhaps a less likely one.
Both those changes would be fab!

But we've heard TDK for sub. If that's so it rules out Moir.

Mostly of his own doing. Maybe unlucky to have the early injury, but his fitness, effort and form on return has been underwhelming.
It's been frustrating. Let's hope he transcends for this game.

Last edited:
According to an Article in the Hun. Looks like we were only given a bit above 5k tickets for this. About 1/3 of the prelim allocation. Hopefully that's incorrect, that atmosphere we provided last year was incredible. Dwarfed the Lions home crowd.

That doesn't sound right.

Gabba's capacity is 42K

Motlop was tracking beautifully last year. It's been a steep descent to resident whipping boy.
He’s a depth player in the clubs weakest position getting games because of injuries, I don’t think it’s overly harsh to suggest our best small forward is better than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually ok with all the ins this week, except for two rucks - I just hate two rucks.
So either have TDK in a solo ruck or don't have him in at all!

So one of TDK/ Pitto - replaced by either Cinc or Lord
TDK playing forward... is this hard to grasp?

He's named there and Charlie isn't playing.

You don’t need data to know that one bloke has been off form for most the season, pinged hammies left right and centre & hasn’t played in weeks.
The other smashed it last week & had the most pressure acts for the side.
he didnt smash it. He had 19 touches and 60% tog. Second to the ball always and gassed in a half chasing leather. Oof.

For those complaining about the selected side this week I'd invite you to try an exercise.

Pick your best 15 players and then look at how many of them aren't in this weeks team.

Everyone's top 15 will be slightly different but I picked mine, andin no order:

Acres, Cripps, Mckay, TDK, McGovern, Docherty, Walsh, Weitering, Newman, Cerra, Williams, Curnow, Saad, Kennedy, Hewitt. I've deliberately left Martin out of the 15 because he is just not reliable enough, I also left JSOS out because I'd rate him in the next two or three.

The point I'm trying to make is that only Charlie is not available from my best 15 and after 23 rounds to be only missing one is pretty good.

I accept that there is an injury cloud hanging some of those returning but I'm happy to trust the M/C, reckon they're in a much better position than I am to pick the side.

You can discuss the merits of the remaining 9 and debate who may have been better suited but I reckon this is pretty close to the best side we can put on the paddock and far better than I'd have anticipated 3 weeks ago.

I think the players are there. all we need to do to win this game is to play as a team.

For those complaining about the selected side this week I'd invite you to try an exercise.

Pick your best 15 players and then look at how many of them aren't in this weeks team.

Everyone's top 15 will be slightly different but I picked mine, andin no order:

Acres, Cripps, Mckay, TDK, McGovern, Docherty, Walsh, Weitering, Newman, Cerra, Williams, Curnow, Saad, Kennedy, Hewitt. I've deliberately left Martin out of the 15 because he is just not reliable enough, I also left JSOS out because I'd rate him in the next two or three.

The point I'm trying to make is that only Charlie is not available from my best 15 and after 23 rounds to be only missing one is pretty good.

I accept that there is an injury cloud hanging some of those returning but I'm happy to trust the M/C, reckon they're in a much better position than I am to pick the side.

You can discuss the merits of the remaining 9 and debate who may have been better suited but I reckon this is pretty close to the best side we can put on the paddock and far better than I'd have anticipated 3 weeks ago.

I think the players are there. all we need to do to win this game is to play as a team.

Exactly - we are really only missing Charlie (and I would argue Fogarty is in our top 15 because of his elite pressure which no one else comes close to) and some of our players have missed 2-4 games - so we really should not be accepting any excuses.

Sure it’s not as easy to travel interstate and sure the Lions were within a kick of a premiership last September. And probably should have finished top 4 this season.

But we have had two weeks to prepare for them and we have almost all our weapons available - plus we have been the third highest ranked team in terms of pressure applied and we are number one for turnover differential (which is the profile of premiers normally). If we don’t win I’ll be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

According to an Article in the Hun. Looks like we were only given a bit above 5k tickets for this. About 1/3 of the prelim allocation. Hopefully that's incorrect, that atmosphere we provided last year was incredible. Dwarfed the Lions home crowd.
Even if we only have 5-10k in the stadium, we will still out noise them.
Know supporters support like the blue bag army!
Blues brothers will be therez

Interesting that Scott didn't rush back or risk Guthrie, Hawkins, Rohan, DeKoning who were all available and will play Reserves this weekend. Also, didn't risk Stewart. 5 very good players who are likely best 22

Hard to tell how bad Port were last night but I thought Geelongs energy and workrate all over the ground was a big statement
I think Scott would have picked a slightly different team if it was an EF not a QF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back