Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have gone with names, which historically is what Voss has done in the past. Not saying it is a bad thing, time will tell.

I would not have played Cerra and kept Lord in. That midfield is just not mobile and has no known pressure players in it.

It will be interesting all the same. We will learn something, that is a certainty.

Gee whiz there are some bedwetters on this site. While it might seem odd to us from afar to pick the likes of Docherty and Cerra I would think the professionals inside the tent might have a little more knowledge than we do. The fact they left out Curnow indicates they aren’t exactly going all in.

Also the pile on on Motlop (a third year 20 year old with one full preseason under his belt) is hilarious. Reminds of last year when I went to the St Kilda game and a bloke behind me was calling out “where the **** are you Motlop” as the ball was rebounded out of our forward 50 - I pointed out Motlop was standing 10m in front of him - on the bench.

This young kid does a pile of work without the ball and is averaging a goal and 2 tackles a game as a small forward - he isn’t our problem
Those professionals have been swinging without a safety net at times this year.

Gee whiz there are some bedwetters on this site. While it might seem odd to us from afar to pick the likes of Docherty and Cerra I would think the professionals inside the tent might have a little more knowledge than we do. The fact they left out Curnow indicates they aren’t exactly going all in.

Also the pile on on Motlop (a third year 20 year old with one full preseason under his belt) is hilarious. Reminds of last year when I went to the St Kilda game and a bloke behind me was calling out “where the **** are you Motlop” as the ball was rebounded out of our forward 50 - I pointed out Motlop was standing 10m in front of him - on the bench.

This young kid does a pile of work without the ball and is averaging a goal and 2 tackles a game as a small forward - he isn’t our problem
If Cerra breaks down, please highlight this post. The bed wetters have watched our S & C OK Cerra 3 times for him to re-tear his hamstring on each occassion. If you believe the definition of stupidity is to repeat the same mistake, then the people you call bed wetters may infact be the clear thinkers who know how to find a bathroom

I firmly believe the best chance we have of winning is in the coaches box.

Brisbane are a very, very good football side. But not unbeatable.

Their three key players are Harris-Andrew’s, Zorko and Neale.

Hoping Vossy has a plan for each. Something outside of the box.

Plus manic pressure from the 23 selected.

Go blues!!

I am not happy with selections at all……

But agree

It’s time we moved on.

Come on. It’s “focus on game” time. It’s getting boring.

Here’s my updated side with the assumption they all play:

Back 7:
Young Weiters MCG Newman Cowan Saad Ollie

Mids: Pitto Cripps Cerra Walsh Hewett Acres Doc

Forwards: TDK Mckay Kemp Fantasia Lij Durdin Mots Williams

Sub Kennedy

Pace is the issue. BUT if you look closely at the forwards they are all quick or quickish. The 3 bigs all chase. Game plan could centre around:
1. Don’t let Andrews take any intercepts. Bring everything to ground
2. All forwards chase flat out. No passengers on the chase.
3. Take Andrews out of play (McKay decoy up the ground). Kemp and TdK to dominate in air.
4. Fingers crossed no injuries and 3/4 time sub out Pitto. TDK on ball majority of the last.
5. Saad to Cameron. Ollie to Bailey.
Bailey has been out of form, so hopefully, Ollie will be a good match-up.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Big O is my biggest concern. Absolutely belts Pitto every time we play.

If Pitto and TDK can nullify him and Cripps can get free from Dunkleys grubby mitts we can win.

If not we're ****ed
His strategy was to hit it clear of the congestion to get to the outside. We just need to be wary this time. Don’t lose to what you know.

Asking in a respectful manner.

What does this mean?

I would have thought welcoming new posters or at a least letting them have their say would be what this site is all about.

Unless I’m missing something feel like you are insinuating something with your replies to this member.
As in boredom because last week was a bye. I think !

Kemp to Zorko? Vossy is usually honest with the lineup possies, but this would make some sense?

On SM-A235F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That would be interesting to see. I'm not sure Kemp has the discipline. I hope he does. I guess a brain fade in the fwd line is less likely to be a goal against.

Hopefully, Kemp can be dangerous and keep them honest.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So kind of reading between the lines and maybe I could be very way off. But been thinking how our team just does not look

quite right. Maybe a couple of late changes.

No 1 McGovern is rumoured to be borderline fit enough to play. Still having a bit of trouble with his hammy.

No 2 Kennedy I read somewhere could possibly have flown back to Melb, partner is heavily prego with their first.

Cinc could then come in as a listed emerg and play on Zorko.

Lord could then play as sub. Bring him on in the third q, to maintain our dominance out of the middle.

I know conspiracy theory sort of stuff, just thought I would share some of my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back