Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking in a respectful manner.

What does this mean?

I would have thought welcoming new posters or at a least letting them have their say would be what this site is all about.

Unless I’m missing something feel like you are insinuating something with your replies to this member.

Perhaps I have.

It was the ‘interesting 1st post’ that piqued my curiosity.

Ist post, 1st sentence.

Gee whiz there are some bedwetters on this site.

Heads up advice. Don't generalise about a whole group of supporters who have a different opinion to you as 'bedwetters'. It does not further discussion and just antagonises, and we aren't into that here.

I'm not worried about that.

My concern is the messaging it sends...

Preach about squad mentality, perform your role etc all you want... but when you drop players who are doing their part in the hope that the returning 'superstars' will superstar whilst playing in positions that they shouldn't be in is a more worrying sign...

I'll throw a brick at the telly if I see Cerra at hb and/or Kennedy as sub...
Same. If we are going to 'Run the Gauntlet' with injured players returning, especially Cerra, then they MUST play in their best positions. What is the point of putting an underdone Cerra at half back where he has no idea. IF he is passed as fit, he should play on the ball where he is best to contribute.

After watching Hawthorn play and seeing their young and inexperienced players kick half of Hawthorn's goals in a final it just make me realise how stubborn the Carlton MC have been. Lord and Binns should have played 3-6 games at least this season. Then we wouldn't be so worried about them playing in a final after just 2 games.

Beet place to watch the game tonight? In Brisbane?
Anywhere with a firm level footing, good ventilation and ready access to a bar of sorts.

From personal experience, standing upright, having been to bed the night before and with an uninterupted line of sight to the viewing medium, live or otherwise, also optimises one's experience.

Same principles also apply in Brisbane. Don't be swayed by stereotypes, generalisations and innuendo... Stay upright, be resolute and
Good luck.

**** Brisbane, Go Blues!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching this site for a while and thinking the same thing but the nonsense this week made me go to the effort of actually signing up and posting .
Exactly how I first posted years ago. Then you post, get sucked in, pretend to take your meds then come to the realisation Nurse Ratchet ain't gonna save you. From that juncture things get serious. Do I jump or stay and yell at the clouds.

Stupid clouds

Durds looked like one of our best at the captain's run today IMO. Very light session, but definitely didn't seem hampered at all
I’ve dislocated my shoulder about 30 times over 30 years. After a couple of days after it’s out and settled it feels fine (even after put back in, bruising the next day it’s a bit sore) but it’s loose as all buggery. One tackle, slip, tensing arm in a certain way, too fast a movement it’s out again.

If he keeps doing it without enough rest in between, the ligaments and socket deteriorate a lot more. Expect him to lengthen now his post operation recovery due to extra damage.

As was I … I can still feel the stand shake when Acres took that mark … the noise was nothing like I’ve ever experienced before and I’ve pretty much seen it all from ‘79 onwards …

Was unbelievable, the best feeling I’ve ever had at the footy.

And I’ve been to just about every big moment since 1981, missed 99 prelim was living in London….the walkabout inn went off though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was unbelievable, the best feeling I’ve ever had at the footy.

And I’ve been to just about every big moment since 1981, missed 99 prelim was living in London….the walkabout inn went off though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We talking last year’s semi?

Was there too

Was unbelievable

the roar form the crowd phenomenal

But the shaking of the stadium was something else altogether

After watching Hawthorn play and seeing their young and inexperienced players kick half of Hawthorn's goals in a final it just make me realise how stubborn the Carlton MC have been. Lord and Binns should have played 3-6 games at least this season. Then we wouldn't be so worried about them playing in a final after just 2 games.

Maybe more an issue of relative talent.
Our lack of leg speed will remain a huge issue as the list construct has massive holes in that area. The Hawks speed all over the ground means despite not having a great back 6 the upfield pressure makes the back 6 most functional. After all speed kills.

How else are we going to fit superstar Cerra in?

Doc, as much as we love the guy, he's literally played 1 quarter in 350 days...

Like I said earlier, mc have taken a lot of gambles at selection for this one...

All we can do is hope it pays off...
They have to take gambles, we played with amazing effort with the season on the line and lost to the 14th-placed Saints so anything other than material changes and we would be lining up for a slaughter at the GABBA.

Charlie told Vossy he is good to go and to be frank I would prefer to see him in the side than Kemp or Young, I would of rolled the dice on him also.

If we lose, I won't be blaming selection. We are damned if we do, and damned if we don't in the event of a loss.

We've gone for experience over youth and I'm okay with that. We can't match Brisbane's game plan so we have to imprint our game plan on this match and make them adapt.

It's our only hope. Make it a true 50/50 contested game or get blown away by superior skills and run.

I don't like how we got ourselves into this situation, but given the injuries and the situation, I'll hold off on the pitchforks if we give a good account of ourselves here, win or lose.

The fact that we went right out and got a rated high performance manager already is a massive tick for the club. I like that we making things happen.

Next under the microscope. Line coaches and Austin.

I don't think when we sacked our previous coach we expected to not win a final in 2 of the 3 following seasons. I would have thought 2 finals wins in 3 years would of been almost guaranteed no matter who coached Carlton - so no matter how we spin it a loss tonight and for a variety of reasons the season will have been a failure and a lost opportunity.

The fitness change is crucial (12 to 18 months late), however, the coaching team had to sign off on his somewhat unusual approach to training the boys. The one interview I saw from A Russ was pretty scary in terms of his thoughts around training the boys.

Gamestyle and team construct needs some work, we lack leg speed all over the field, and all the current evidence is small / medium-size forwards are the key to kicking a score in finals, with a dash and splash from a tall forward.

Fingers crossed we get the job done tonight, but it looks like a wasted year if we lose.

I don't think when we sacked our previous coach we expected to not win a final in 2 of the 3 following seasons. I would have thought 2 finals wins in 3 years would of been almost guaranteed no matter who coached Carlton - so no matter how we spin it a loss tonight and for a variety of reasons the season will have been a failure and a lost opportunity.

The fitness change is crucial (12 to 18 months late), however, the coaching team had to sign off on his somewhat unusual approach to training the boys. The one interview I saw from A Russ was pretty scary in terms of his thoughts around training the boys.

Gamestyle and team construct needs some work, we lack leg speed all over the field, and all the current evidence is small / medium-size forwards are the key to kicking a score in finals, with a dash and splash from a tall forward.

Fingers crossed we get the job done tonight, but it looks like a wasted year if we lose.
You need to have both key forwards & quality smalls for sustainable success Tigers Lynch & Riewoldt & Geelong Hawkins & Cameron are great examples.

Yes, it's the old, "they're not ready" or "there's a big jump from VFL to AFL" or "they will get smashed around" narrative

Then we are forced to play them and we realise their bodies didn't disintegrate and as a bonus, they actually picked up some valuable possessions and looked good in patches, each of which make them believe they can play at the level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back