Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Watching the Hawks last night. They all run and spread but the key thing is they kick the ball quickly. They kick within a second of getting it not stand there for a few seconds sizing up options.

It means the players that have spread have not been manned up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They run, spread, create, but more importantly they lower the eyes and kick shorter.

They don’t have the KP players we do though.
What we need to do, is work out or maybe stop being so tunnelled and look for the better shorter options.
We need to balance our game out. Don’t do it enough.

Heads up advice. Don't generalise about a hole group of supporters who have a different opinion to you as 'bedwetters'. It does not further discussion and just antagonises, and we aren't into that here.
“Some bedwetters” isn’t a generalisation about a “hole” group of people, it is an observation about what I have seen from “some” posters.

And fwiw I don’t necessarily disagree with their opinion, it is clearly a risk to take Cerra and Docherty in, I just choose not to go into a melt down over it, especially given their might well be a late change, when I know so little about their condition and the club knows so much.

Haven’t really played great footy for 2 months now; here’s hoping it ‘clicks’ tomorrow.

TDK the most exciting of the returning players; if he’s remotely in the form he was earlier it transforms our entire midfield.

Worried about Durdin; needs to play ferocious footy to be effective and that shoulder limits him.
Did you see Vossy”s comments about Durdin after the last game.

No matter his condition he is playing the role Voss wants

Tonight is about winning the contest and then using the ball as well as what we can. Need to have a positive approach to moving the ball, forwards need to be on the lead and leads need to be honoured.

When we're applying a zone defence we need to cut down the space offered to Brisbane for the outlet. Pressure the crap out of them. It's our one wood and should serve us well tonight if we do it consistently.

Can't describe how happy I will be if we get over the line tonight. It's so good to be involved at this time of the year and I want our involvement to continue.

Bring your best Blues.

They run, spread, create, but more importantly they lower the eyes and kick shorter.

They don’t have the KP players we do though.
What we need to do, is work out or maybe stop being so tunnelled and look for the better shorter options.
We need to balance our game out. Don’t do it enough.
Ive said it before, they play like their coach, albeit most have more pace. Kicking skills elite.

Tonight is about winning the contest and then using the ball as well as what we can. Need to have a positive approach to moving the ball, forwards need to be on the lead and leads need to be honoured.

Bring your best Blues.

This is the key. They have to bring high pressure for 4 quarters. If they do they can absolutely win the game.

Problem is they struggle to play at that level all game. Hopefully they can sustain it tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downing tools at 3pm. Will head to the local around 4.30pm, Osc1 and JustaBattler shout:thumbsu:

John Travolta Wallet GIF

Don't believe everything you read, those campaigners wouldn't shout if a shark bit them!

GO BAGGERS!!!!

“Some bedwetters” isn’t a generalisation about a “hole” group of people, it is an observation about what I have seen from “some” posters.

And fwiw I don’t necessarily disagree with their opinion, it is clearly a risk to take Cerra and Docherty in, I just choose not to go into a melt down over it, especially given their might well be a late change, when I know so little about their condition and the club knows so much.

I won't get into the whole semantics about what consititutes a whole group of people (or a phone typo). The comment hits anybody who wasn't happy with the selection and as there are many, they are a group with a shared opinion.

The point is that we rebutt and debate opinions, without dismissal or denigration of those who have those opinions. As a first time poster, it is prudent to let you know this is not something we appreciate as it baits those posters. As a long time lurker, you would surely know how we operate and would want to fit into the community in a more constructive manner.

Cheers

It's been a pleasant change not having the admonishers faction. Greater freedom to vent and express but still showing passion for the club
And rarely too disrespectful is how, I've seen it. Would hate for that to come back.
I for one have taken to heart things ODN has pointed out now and in the past. And Aph should get a Mods Medal for long and understated service.

Chief :tearsofjoy:

It's been a pleasant change not having the admonishers faction. Greater freedom to vent and express but still showing passion for the club
And rarely too disrespectful is how, I've seen it. Would hate for that to come back.
I for one have taken to heart things ODN has pointed out now and in the past. And Aph should get a Mods Medal for long and understated service.

Appreciate it horsey, but ... no medal for me? You know Aph's ego is going to explode in the mod's convo now.

Pretty bloody excited, humans.

Liked what I saw from limited resources in the last fortnight.

Obvious there will be changes, but if we keep up the the full pressure, all in, mode, we’ll do alright.

We’re talking full mobster roast, lamb, bbq ribs, veggies….the whole Swagman’s buffet.😎👍

Lots of brown wet stuff & hearing from sources that the mighty Limoncello will be making an appearance.

Already done the walk, laundry on the go.

Once again, very excited.

This is what it’s all about.👍👍

Pretty bloody excited, humans.

Liked what I saw from limited resources in the last fortnight.

Obvious there will be changes, but if we keep up the the full pressure mode, we’ll do alright.

We’re talking full mobster roast, lamb, bbq ribs, veggies….the whole Swagman’s buffet.😎👍

Lots of brown wet stuff & hearing from sources that the mighty Limoncello will be making an appearance.

Already done the walk, laundry on the go.

Once again, very excited.

This is what it’s all about.👍👍

Just done a triathlon.

I have 12 chickens inside a pig, inside a cow, inside a camel, inside a humpback whale slowly roasting on my George Foreman grill.

12 cups of coffee and I'm pinging like crazy and climbing the walls.

Coincidentally, I have laundry on too, and am finally washing the collection of Carlton close game pants I've been hoarding all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back