Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short price fav's, home deck, been in finals for 6 years without ultimate success, knockout final. So much pressure on the Lions tonight to perform. Apply the pressure on the deck and lets see what they've got.
Very good point - just see how Port fell to pieces, at home, under the pressure of underwhelming finals performances in the past few years.

The pressure is on them 100%

If Cerra goes to half back then sure that's on Voss. But if he's playing where he should be then I don't mind him being named into the team.

I don't see what others are about the players dropped this week.

The amount of frustration I've seen about Moir being dropped on the back of two quarters is mind-blowing.

I see people complaining about Lord losing his place in the midfield to Cerra and that's a more reasonable argument but again if Cerra is good to go then he gets his spot back every day of the week.

People acting like those dropped helped us win games against finals calibre teams and they need their heads read. Cripps hero balled us to a big win against West Coast and we lost to St Kilda who finished 12th.

Lord, Moir and Binns were only ever filling in whole others were injured. Let's hope they become more prominent players next year. Tonight isn't their go.

Not sure about that... Lord showed more than Cerra has this year.

Moir's 2 quarters were impactful. As a sub, he has done his job brilliantly.

Binns looked like he belongs too.

At least one of those should have kept their spot.

Even if Cerra isn't used at hb, it will take a mighty effort from him to find form in the midfield and impact.

Same deal with Doc...

Anyway, let's just see what happens... not long now...

I can't handle the wait.
FFS bounce the ...........
Reaction Nervous GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RE: ruck as sub, the closest thing that comes to mind in a final is when Schache was named sub for Melbourne against us last year in case Gawn broke down.

Never got activated, and they lost in the final 2 minutes of the match.

Watched Brions implode against the pies a couple of weeks ago. Were in a winning position at 3 quarter time, then just

rolled over. Not as if the pies were that good this year either. Makes me think, they are a little mentally fragile.

We are right in this, imo. Win the midfield battle, lower the eyes when going inside 50 and tackle with ferocity.

TDK to take some nice grabs and bring it ground for our smalls. Kemp to thrive up forward, now he is not the main man.

Should be able to kick three or four. Corey Durdin, as long as his shoulder hangs tough. Could very well get on the end of

two or three. Willo will use his pace and nous to good effect, should kick a couple of snags as well.

Starting to feel hopeful now, tipping the giants this arvo. Four from four under-dogs would be a great result.

I like a footy bet, and Blues at $3.85 are way overs.

We have beaten Lions at home this year without Weiters and Walsh, last 2 games Lions have lost to Pies and beat Bombers at home by just over 3 goals. This is not the sort of form that justifies their $1.25 quote.

They have had a solid second half of the season, but so did Dogs..

This is the third time in a row we’ve played them at Gabba, with our Blues Brothers army there to support, I’m not too fusssed about playing there TBH.

I’m pretty brutal about my pre game assessments, but in such a random year this game is very very winnable
And we lost to saints by a late kick who belted Geelong the game prior. Our form stacks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back