Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they set TDK for sub it will be just as moronic as bringing back Cerra, would prefer to have another mid if that happens and just leave TDK out as he clearly is not as fit as he needs to be.

Early injury to a mid and we are fkd, and you can just about bet your last dollar on this year’s outcomes so far that will happen. Would be nice for the oppo to feel some of our pain for a change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ran in to Charles doing what suspiciously looked like a fitness test at local park this morning. Lions obviously thought it was one because Fagan was hiding in the trees filming the whole thing.

Edit: the reactions suggest people think this is a joke. It is not
Voss presser yesterday- clearly something up with Charles as his answers appeared a little contrived.

I thought Charles still a real chance

Because we are underdogs and limped in - I'm calmer than I normally am.

In all seriousness, this has been a year where we were highly competitive, but had some disastrous injury luck - from Docherty in round 0 through TDK suffering horrible injuries just as he was breaking out, to the Hawthorn debacle right as we approached finals.

In the grand scheme of things, to have a year where so much went wrong and finish in the finals feels like a positive enough outcome - to some extent, we're playing with house money here. Win a final in those circumstances and it is a bloody good season by our standards.

We're also on the road - as a club, we have never won a final interstate. The last time we won finals in back-to-back seasons was 2000-2001. We're still missing Curnow, Boyd, Cottrell, Martin, Silvagni, Fogarty and Owies (that's 7 players who would have certainly played if fit) and that's with 6 returning for this match.

Basically, we're as big underdogs as I can remember for a finals match. Probably the last time a team had this little expectation was our own final (after finishing 9th) against Richmond in 2013.

Calm is totally fine here - we will probably get belted, lick our wounds, and get started on an early preseason with a new fitness team.

But then you look and see that we are still rolling out Cripps, McKay, Weitering, Walsh, Saad. Docherty and TDK are back. We've got a mature team playing with depth right across the field. If the injuries hold up, we have to be a chance to beat anyone, so who knows, maybe we do get the luck this time around!

Really looking forward to this game
Me, too. It's time to forget about selections. Barring any late changes, it is what it is. Focus on what's ahead of us.

Just play Kemp forward and I’ll be happy.

Still cannot believe Doc is playing; incredible. He’ll actually add some pace to the wings and we know he’s good for a long goal.

Nothing to lose, but another game of finals experience; worth 20 games for players like Cowan, Hollands, Mots, etc.

TDK the one to watch; was the best player in the competition full stop for a month this year, please show that tonight!

Ran in to Charles doing what suspiciously looked like a fitness test at local park this morning. Lions obviously thought it was one because Fagan was hiding in the trees filming the whole thing.

Edit: the reactions suggest people think this is a joke. It is not
Can someone be brought into the team that wasn't named?
4 players break down in warm up?

Can someone be brought into the team that wasn't named?
4 players break down in warm up?

banning super mario GIF

They have a strong midfield, their defence is going fairly well. Our midfield is strong providing it's not out paced and out maneuvered. Our defence is pretty good, on paper it's really solid.

The question remains, is our forward line up to it? We have a lot of makeshift forwards. Guys who have recently been shifted there but are doing well like Williams and Kemp and guys who have forward as their second position like Hollands and DeKoning. Durdin, Fantasia and Motlop also not setting the world on fire. McKay being the only real notable and reliant forward.
Will our patchwork quilt of a forward line step up? I like the DeKoning, Kemp, McKay structure. I think Motlop is due. Williams has had some really good games and Hollands has lifted in that plus 1 role. If our smalls can kick a few and get the pressure and tackling going then great!

I think tonight, it's all eyes on the forward line. Don't let the half backs take us apart, apply pressure and perform. Actually win the ball in the area you are playing and get a score on the board.

I think the midfield will break even. I think our defence has the talent there and will try to rebound quickly. Scoring from defensive rebound is so important in the modern game. I think we have the group to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think just having TDK available to us is a real weapon if when McInerney gets on top and starts to control where the ball is going and starts to get distance on his hitouts.

I'm tipping DeKoning will play purely deep forward for the first quarter. McKay will take the part time ruck. Then Pittonet will be subbed out sometime around half time. Fantasia comes on for more forward run and DeKoning will go into the ruck.
This will be a really really big impact move by us. Could break the game wide open.

I reckon this is already planned. If DeKoning was fit enough to play the whole game, Moir would be sub again and Pittonet would miss.

I think usually sub is the last name alphabetically on the bench... that means Kennedy...
Sometimes the bench is listed all alphabetically except the last one which can be a giveaway. It probably happens when they forget to mix up the order before publishing. If it's fully alphabetical order or not at all then there's no clue there.

Sometimes the bench is listed all alphabetically except the last one which can be a giveaway. It probably happens when they forget to mix up the order before publishing. If it's fully alphabetical order or not at all then there's no clue there.

Technically, Cowan should come after Cerra, but isn't named that way... let's see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back