Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the sub had to be named from the 5 listed on the interchange. Am I wrong in assuming this or has something changed as I don’t think I can ever recall a player listed on the ground being named sub
Pretty sure it's happened on occasion, but it's rare, so it's usually safe enough to assume the sub will come from the bench players.

Just give a good account of yourselves boys. Don't leave anything out on the field. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

Can someone be brought into the team that wasn't named?
4 players break down in warm up?
Not at this point without a fine unless it's the scenario you've just highlighted, which would need to be cleared by the AFL.

The time to withdraw someone was maybe yesterday.

Not at this point without a fine unless it's the scenario you've just highlighted, which would need to be cleared by the AFL.

The time to withdraw someone was maybe yesterday.
Also some BS talk of TDK as the Sub, he cant be benched or sub as he's been named on the field right? He's either in or out (replaced by an emergency).

People acting like those dropped helped us win games against finals calibre teams and they need their heads read. Cripps hero balled us to a big win against West Coast and we lost to St Kilda who finished 12th.

Lord, Moir and Binns were only ever filling in whole others were injured. Let's hope they become more prominent players next year. Tonight isn't their go.

Agreed, the kids did well when called upon, but if fit, more experienced players come in. Lord, Moir & Binns showed that they can be players for the future. Train hard in pre-season and they will get opportunities in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also some BS talk of TDK as the Sub, he cant be benched or sub as he's been named on the field right? He's either in or out (replaced by an emergency).
Anyone in the 23 can be named as sub according to the rules. But so far this year I don't think there has been a game where a Carlton sub has not come from the five-man bench

Normally I would not say a ruck as sub is not a good thing but in this case it works. Pitto getting belted, we make the sub. We lose a defender, Kemp goes back DeKoning goes forward. We lose a forward, simple in. We lose a wingman Docherty goes wing, Kemp goes back, DeKoning forward. We lose an onballer, Hollands goes into the middle, DeKoning goes forward. We lose noone, Pittonet out, DeKoning in.

While I wouldn't do it, I can see how it would work. Also, normally ruckmen aren't impact players, DeKoning is. He was winning games off his own efforts and was our most influential player earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back