Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players will be banging vossys door down and spouting all sorts of bs about being ready to play. I hope he and the mc don’t succumb to playing half or fully cooked players because they “want “ to play in a final.
Brisbane are more than prone to drinking their own bath water.
These clowns are gettable early doors if we shut the crowd up.
Hipwould and Baniher are a laugh a minute. Cinc to blanket Squeal. H or C to drag Anbrews away from space. The rest should fold under tackling pressure.
One proviso, my heart has a small tear in it. (If we lose to a freak shot from a trained/botched final two minutes) It may 💔

So if I'm reading it correctly we would need to beat Brisbane in Brisbane for a chance to play either the Giants or Swans in Sydney. If we won that we'd be playing a prelim against the Power in Adelaide or Geelong at the G.

So it could be Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne. That would be a flag for the ages. Funny thing is we have beaten Brisbane (at Brisbane), the Giants and Port (at Port) and Geelong (at the G) this year.

I had a dream, a crazy dream.

The last 2 weeks have been a joy to watch. Bit up and down against the rabble but the boys putting in 110% was all heart.

The intensity and effort they applied was extraordinary and I think they’ll continue on with it.

They’ve really turned the previous 6-7 weeks of shitfest into gutsy performances.

I can’t wait for the Gabba game.

Mcgovern, Weitering, Cowan
Saad, Young, Newman
O. Hollands, Cripps, Acres
Owies, McKay, E. Hollands
Kemp, Curnow, Motlop
Pittonet, Walsh, Hewett

Binns, Lord, Cincotta, Kennedy
Moir

Ins: McGovern, Curnow, McKay

Outs: Fantasia, Durdin, Carroll

If Williams is to come in it’s at the expense of one of Binns or Lord and I don’t think either deserve to leave the side based on the last two weeks. Potentially one of Owies or Motlop could be in danger? Moir has been great as the sub as well, impacting games and happy for him to continue this role.

IF we made it week two of finals I’d be absolutely picking TDK over Pittonet.
Id play Durdin or Fantasia ahead of Motlop

If the bottom three are 50/50 at best they don’t play up here in Qld for mine. Most likely will be hard and fast and mid 20’s temp (at least). Can’t play both Zac and Corey D for mine, with ongoing “niggles”. Zac has the greatest impact so gets the nod. If Cez doesn’t get up, I think young Cooper Lord is retained.

Not in favour of Martin, perhaps as sub, but to be honest would consider retaining Ashton Moir in the role. If no TDK, we should seriously consider retaining Young.

Maybe
Cowan, Weitering, Young
Saad, McGovern, Newman
Acres, Crippa, Ollie
Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
Fantasia, McKay, Elijah
Kennedy, Curnow, Williams
Int: Owies, Kemp, Cincotta, Lord
Sub: Martin/Moir

Unlucky: Durdin would be in before Owies for mine, if 100% or close, shoulder is play by play though, Binns has done nothing wrong, Motlop, just going, unless I am missing work off the ball is not doing enough.

Having Kempy and Cinc off the interchange gives coverage across the park and scope to change up if necessary. Chugga to do a bit of ruck relief and enter mid rotations. Ollie to revert to backline on occasion, has been huge back there. Carroll unlucky, but could have been deployed better and subbed, taking lead from MC.

Hope there are some VFL listed boys happy to provide some match sim work to TDK, Cez, Boyd and co.leading up to game day.
Ive been on Motlops case for a while, so im not sure if ots confirmation bias, but he annoyed me last night.

Rarely in the right spot. Refused to chase. Watching on tv, you'd consistently see him trundle in to the bottom of the screen as the ball moved on. Seemingly 3 seconds too late for every contest.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kemp showed today why he should never play back - flying for marks, giving away free kicks for over zealous attack on the opposition - make those mistakes in the back line and it costs us a shot on goal.

Watching Young play can be form of torture at times but I genuinely think he should stay in the team for the Brisbane final.
The first one, he was blocked. Stkilda player stopped him running at the ball and made no attempt himself.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow, McGovern and McKay are definite ins. Bye help Williams. De Koning will be interesting. We will likely play one ruck. Risk TDK or use the one that's fit, especially against the Big O. Don't want to play anyone who has missed huge chunks of the season.
TDK is a superstar. If his foot is right he plays. He showed against north he can play through anything.

We need him.

Like this a lot. Kemp has shown a real willingness to chase and apply prsssure as a forward. Tried his guts out as a one man band to bring ball to ground.

Against their bigs must have Young. Just must. He has been good the last two weeks.
Is Newman our 'Young whisperer'? Young has been playing OK the past 2 weeks.
I'd love to see fwd 7 something like: Harry, Charles, Kemp, Moir, Owies, Williams, Fantasia/Motlop (assuming C.Durdin out injured).
Also, I'll be very nervous if Cerra and Martin are named due to their injury history this year. Cerra at peak fitness is a star...

Nice of the afl to give the airlines plenty of time to jack the prices up across the whole weekend. Before announcing times and days
Prices are fairly reasonable at the moment. Flying up Friday morning and leaving Sun for two. Looking at approx $1100 return

To play or not play Doc is the interesting one for me.
On the one hand, coming back early risks him doing it again and could almost mean his career. Also, having not played since opening round, huge call to bring him in for an elimination final.
On the other hand, his experience and onfield leadership will be invaluable, not to mention the enourmous lift it would give the playing group having him out there.
I'm leaning towards playing him, but would equally understand if they didn't.

It's no to Martin for me. Don't trust him and can't afford to have him go off before quarter time. I hope they keep Moir. He offers something a bit different. Things seem to happen when he goes near it. I'm a Jesse fan, but Ashton has done more in the 2 quarters he has played than Jesse has in his previous 8.
Would love for Binns and Lord to retain their spot too but selection squeeze is well and truly on now.

Good morning everyone, but especially Willie Rioli Jr.

Has TDK started running yet?

Ins: Curnow, McGovern, McKay, Williams and Boyd will create headaches for sure.

TBH, I rather play the kids than Cerra. They are quick and create a lot more pressure. The do or die attitude has been amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back