Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would be playing Moir, and Lord. Finals experience is invaluable. Binns is very unlucky. Workhorse and will not stop running.

Moir as a sub.

Changes I'd make,

Williams for Durdin.
Mckay for Fantasia or Motlop
Charlie for Carroll
Gov for Binns.

Has TDK started running yet?

Ins: Curnow, McGovern, McKay, Williams and Boyd will create headaches for sure.

TBH, I rather play the kids than Cerra. They are quick and create a lot more pressure. The do or die attitude has been amazing!
TDK got injured on the 21st July. Would make it roughly 6 weeks since surgery by the time we play Brisbane.

I get with the ins it's a big ask. But I really like Cooper Lord and hope he keeps his spot.
You’d think he is now one of our mainstay mids

Helps Cripps with the in and under dog fights and at times he’s able to dish out to Crippa to run away and distribute to other outside mids/wings.

he complements the mid group nicely

Last edited:
We flicked a switch after the Sydney game. Why can't we do it in 2 weeks time with fresh players returning?

tbh, I think we did flick the switch after the Hawks game.

We pretty much had our VFL team out there yesterday and still almost won against a side that has won 6 games after the bye including 2 top 4 wins (one as recent as the week prior to facing us)... and the worst part for them is they needed bs umpiring to get them over the line too...

It's a great shot at redemption for us, and we're dangerous when no one expects us to win...

Just hope to God Voss has learnt his lesson about bringing players in...

Young, Gov and Weitering hold down the backline, and Kemp can remain up forward as the third tall. Allows H to play further up the ground and gives him two tall targets (Charlie and Kemp).

Our small brigade are a worry. Owies and Fantasia were the better performed of the four but neither were standouts.

Motlop just hasn’t got going this year and would be first off.

Durdin was really good last week before injuring his shoulder. Have to wonder how bad it still was yesterday.

Owies might well get suspended which means two of Durdin, Fantasia and Motlop play.

Moir is bloody strong overhead for a 19 year old. He should play, even as a sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasia can’t be named - he’s a dead set liability.
Yes, he hit one good lead up pass & kicked a goal but he had 10 touches - 5 turnovers (4 Clangers) 9 pressure acts! His heat map is below- reckon Moir can handle that given he also only played 66 out of 122 minutes
View attachment 2091947

He had 70% efficiency so not sure how that worked. 2 frees against count for 2 of those clangers.

You want worse stats? Check out Motlop.

You’d think he is now one of our mainstay mids

Helps Cripps with the in and under dog fights and atvyomes he’s able to dish out to Crippa to run away and distributevtonotherboutside mids/wings.

he complements the mid group nicely

Looks like they are managing his minutes a little which isn't surprising as he hasn't had an AFL preseason and probably needs to work on his tank.

But love he takes the first option and his movement/blocks off the ball

7 tackles and 29 pressure acts is a finals footballer for me.

Did only play 62% game time yesterday which was the only minor issue. Had a great game when he was on but not sure we can get away with that in a final

Sub for mine, he can’t run out enough of a home and away game so he’s no chance in a cut throat final.

Lord 75 out of 122 minutes yesterday and Binns 105 minutes out of 122 and Binns was totally cooked 20 minutes into the last quarter.

I’m liking Ollie off half back, Binns stays in for me

Binns and Lord as training partners over the offseason, have Moir tag along

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm assuming TDK isn't available. I'm not playing Cerra or Martin who are too risky.

Ins: Charlie, Harry, Williams and Governor.

Outs: Carroll, Motlop, Lord, Moir.

Saad Young Cowan
Gov Weitering Newman
Acres Cripps Hollands
Hollands McKay Kemp
Owies Curnow Williams
Pittonet Walsh Hewett
Cincotta, Kennedy, Binns, Durdin, Fantasia (sub).

• Young stays in to go with Daniher/Hipwood.
  • Binns stays in to rotate on the wing with Acres/Hollands.
  • Lord and Moir are desperately unlucky, but there are questions re Moir's fitness (and Kemp staying in as 3rd tall). With Charlie and H returning, Kennedy moves into the midfield brigade to cover Lord's omission.
  • Motlop's defensive efforts were deplorable and deserves to be omitted over Fantasia (who pushes into defence) and Durdin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back