Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN: Day

OUT: Maginness (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: Macdonald, Gunston, Moore

F: Ginnivan, Chol, Watson

R: Meek, Newcombe, Nash

INT: D’Ambrosio, Mackenzie, Morrison, Dear, Breust (Sub)

EMG: Jiath, Serong, Maginness

Anyone else finding that, after zip and five, and a grand total of seven wins last year, this is actually a little surreal? I’m having to pinch myself to make sure this is real…
I took my daughter to a few games last year for no wins, then went to round 2 vs Melbourne which was a shocking day for Hawks but she was out on the ground for Auskick doing cartwheels.

I checked the fixture to make sure I could take her to a win and pencilled in Rd 6 vs North. We weren't great but won by 45 in what was at the time one of the few I was confident about and what looked like was shaping up as preview for a rd 24 spoonbowl clash.

To then have it not turn out to be a spoonbowl but lock us in the top 8 and a massive 124 point win. Is amazing.

We need to take our chances and not see this as a stepping stone but as an opportunity at a flag that we may not get again.

Anyone else finding that, after zip and five, and a grand total of seven wins last year, this is actually a little surreal? I’m having to pinch myself to make sure this is real…

I'm savoring every moment while reading this thread.

It’s a measure of our club's almost supernatural ability to rise each decade that we get to post here.

Got to thank my grandfather; he made me a Hawks fan before I even knew what footy was. Would give me copies of Hawk talk, buy me posters etc., even though I lived a few hundred clicks away from where he was in Melbourne. That strategy has made me one of the happiest sporting fans on the planet.

Was a great thinker and Hawks man, was grandpa.

This club is unreal. They'll say we didn't know what we were doing, that there is luck involved with players coming on quicker or better than expected.

But they say that every time, don't they?

Last edited:
I've got Harry over CJ on form. It's not even a discussion.

I think so too. He’s had one excellent game and two quite good ones. Getting an extra 3-5 touches a game than CJ. As long as he’s doing the right defensive running he should stay.

Watching Clarko's Post Match Presser

He sees pride in the Hawks group that crushed his new group. Watch it. See him

The Hawks have zero expectations to get to the finals, let alone win one.

The best other team are the Dogs. They have the height like a basketball team.
And they have the Bont = the most influential player ever.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels so good to be back.

This house money has been great to play with. Winners no matter what happens.

If Carlton and Western Bulldogs both lose and Fremantle win. We could play Fremantle in an Elimination Final at the MCG.
Freo were pretty good when we played them in Tassie. Still not quite sure how we managed to win that one tbh!
Of all the teams in/fighting for finals Carlton definitely look the most vulnerable. Hard to see them winning today

For me, Saturday twilight please.

Don't know who I want to play.
All have strenghts that will test us.
But we should fear none of them.

If its Carlton there could be 95,000 Huge.
If its Freo it will be easier to get a decent seat.
If its the Dogs the Bont looms large.

What a dream to be back!

Very confident in our form.

However, I'd love to avoid the dogs this early.

Their height is a massive issue for our backline and they're a different side compared to when we beat them earlier in the year.

I also think for us to beat the dogs we'd have to have Day back, but against Freo or Carlton at the MCG we could potentially get away with him having another week of rest.

The main thing I want is for this group to experience a finals win, it'll be amazing for their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back