Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone slightly early but hard to see us not finish either fifth or sixth at worst, so a home elimination final at the MCG is on the menu.

Preview and changes in here.

I remember watching the Bulldogs kick the first three goals in round 8 and thinking it was going to be another long developmental year. At that stage our solitary win had been against North Melbourne, and we had a percentage of under 70%. We were the second youngest list, and due to injuries the second youngest playing group as well.

Since then, we have played some of the most irresistible football of any team in the competition and the best I’ve seen us play since 2015. We were only uncompetitive once in a 16-game stretch. Our younger players have stood up in key moments, led by incredibly consistent performances from our older heads. It has been a joy to watch.

To make finals with 14 wins and a percentage of 118% after our start is unbelievable. It is a feat that has only every been achieved twice previously, and deserves to be lauded. No matter what happens, I am proud of these boys and believe they will achieve great things.

But for all that hard work, the fight truly starts here. I look forward to seeing this young group strut their stuff in September, and hopefully our stretch of future success starts with a win.

Don't care who it is as long as Day is back and we have a full list to select from. Great to see them getting the biggest win even without Day.
I am supremely confident that we will win this.

We have been in form for quite a while now and sometimes you see teams lose it after this long, but, I think for as good as our form has been since the 0-5, the last few weeks we have gone up again. I think this is the true form. 200+% in the last 4-5 weeks. I believe we are only starting to peak.

I think we love big crowds, I think we play well in front of them, I think we love that spotlight, I think finals will suit this team and I think we are a cheeky shot to win a final or four. :eek:

In saying that, proud no matter the result, I’ve had a fantastic and unexpected year when it comes to the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is us.
Miley Cyrus Rotum GIF

We have been in form for quite a while now and sometimes you see teams lose it after this long, but, I think for as good as our form has been since the 0-5, the last few weeks we have gone up again. I think this is the true form. 200+% in the last 4-5 weeks. I believe we are only starting to peak.

I think we love big crowds, I think we play well in front of them, I think we love that spotlight, I think finals will suit this team and I think we are a cheeky shot to win a final or four. :eek:

In saying that, proud no matter the result, I’ve had a fantastic and unexpected year when it comes to the footy.
I think you will go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back