Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Port get beaten and drop the percentage for Geelong to pass them there is the scenario that they play Port in the QF at the MCG and we have to go to Marvel to play the Dogs. Pray for a Port victory or a very very close loss (under 15pts)

If Port get beaten and drop the percentage for Geelong to pass them there is the scenario that they play Port in the QF at the MCG and we have to go to Marvel to play the Dogs. Pray for a Port victory or a very very close loss (under 15pts)

Makes no sense. Geelong more likely to get the home game at GNHBa surely given they finished 2nd on ladder. They must get priority over dogs who finish 6th...

Either way, who cares. All this talk of grounds and match ups. To be the best you gotta beat em all.

I hope it doesn't mean anything but I was at a local game today and Hardwick was there somewhat limping around with a bandage on his upper left leg drinking a Carlton Draught.
Very important player so fingers crossed it doesn't mean anything

That’s terrible news, that stuff will kill a brown dog. We need him for our next 4 games.

Hope his leg gets better though

Ralph just said most likely our game is Sat night
2v3 and 6v7 should be the first 2 games of the first finals week as it stops any 6 day breaks later in the finals.

Logical thinking like that never seems to come to the AFL though

Makes no sense. Geelong more likely to get the home game at GNHBa surely given they finished 2nd on ladder. They must get priority over dogs who finish 6th...

Either way, who cares. All this talk of grounds and match ups. To be the best you gotta beat em all.

I care. Geelong getting a home final is a nightmare scenario for any decent hawthorn supporter.

2v3 and 6v7 should be the first 2 games of the first finals week as it stops any 6 day breaks later in the finals.

Logical thinking like that never seems to come to the AFL though
Qualifying usually go first (Thurs/Fri) the adavantages of finishing top four. Elimination finals Saturday

No chance

The last 5 Hawthorn finals have drawn 87,000 plus (including 88,000 against the Dogs in 2016).

The last time we made the finals we drew a pair of 90,000 plus finale (2018), if we can't get 90,000 to this it reflects pretty poorly on our fan base to be honest
If it’s not 90k it’ll reflect poorly on the dogs. We’ve been pulling crowds most of the year and we’ll show up again Saturday week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The logical side of my brain says, whatever happens, it has been a super successful season considering we are "still rebuilding". Every other part of me says, " you beautiful brown and gold mofo's go and get us that flag, leave no enemy standing".

Repeating myself from the main thread - the Bulldogs have played home finals at the MCG before. Why would this one be at Marvel regardless of where Geelong play?

That means there is a pathway to the flag where we never leave the G 😅😂😂 (although this would require Carlton to make the PF). But still just one interstate final (the prelim) considering the teams in the finals would be huge.
A realistic pathway with only an interstate prelim and all other games at the G. Another reason to want Port to win this or at least not lose by 4 goals or more. Also, **** Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back