Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Has that gross Rd1 Sat night matchup in the slippery slop on the Gold Coast. If he scores well there may be worth jumping on. If he pumps out a 50, then you're basically getting no cash gen until close to the byes even if he comes good thereafter.
if you pick Rankine its not for cash gen, you have to be expecting him to be in the ball park for top 6 forward

Reckon he's a great pick for that other game, not sure I can go there in AF but def looking at it
I just like that his floor Games should disappear if he’s got high cba role. The plight of a small forward is those games where you just can’t get involved

18 touches and 4 goals today in 3qtrs shows there will be games his midfield and forward nous come together to create big ceiling (won’t play WC every week but I said weeks ago his game vs melb where he did his hammy early in the last was basically this game but without hi high CBAs although playing a very high half forward role)

Last year
  • 3 games in 30s- imo they’re gone now
  • 3 over 100- shows already had some ceiling ability
  • 3 90s
  • 3 80s
  • 5 60s/70s
  • 2 50s

It’s an interesting spread and I think the role change helps him get a good bump but to what I don’t know. Coukd be anything from 85-95 which would make him a good pick

Pretty safe to say Macrae is done for regardless of current injury status.

Bont, Libba, Treloar, Sanders is a quality midfield.
This is Bevo though.........

if you pick Rankine its not for cash gen, you have to be expecting him to be in the ball park for top 6 forward
Would fundamentally agree on any other line, but we are not exactly blessed with a plethora of Fwds this year that write there own ticket. He could be that stepping stone, ie neither a keeper or cash cow, but a pretty useful stepping stone while the forward line gets more clarity.

Would fundamentally agree on any other line, but we are not exactly blessed with a plethora of Fwds this year that write there own ticket. He could be that stepping stone, ie neither a keeper or cash cow, but a pretty useful stepping stone while the forward line gets more clarity.
Rankine plays the Suns first up. Surely they will put the muzzle on him like last season (37).

Rankine plays the Suns first up. Surely they will put the muzzle on him like last season (37).

Lemmens did give him a bath in Darwin last year

BUT……. We let Charlie Cameron and Toby greene run riot in our 2 preseason games.

Worth the risk to start Rankine. If our preseason form is legit

BUT……. We let Charlie Cameron and Toby greene run riot in our 2 preseason games.

Maybe, Suns know well that Rankine can go quiet if they run with the cheap stuff on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, experience is worth a pound of flesh - he'll be better for last year.

Playing in a pure forward role
Crows after 1st qtr were horrible
Think he was overawed by the want to perform well against his old side

So I’m not overly concerned by history there

hes priced at 74, normally you need at least 20 points upside from guys priced around here, but in a shallow fwd line id take 15 points. Top 6 fwd right now is 88.
If he doesnt score enough there will have been better options, either cheaper guys or in other lines

hes priced at 74, normally you need at least 20 points upside from guys priced around here, but in a shallow fwd line id take 15 points. Top 6 fwd right now is 88.
If he doesnt score enough there will have been better options, either cheaper guys or in other lines
Ah, the need for crystal balls :tearsofjoy:

For the record I think Rankine goes 85+ this year and borderline top 6, but my current structure only allows 1 fwd over 600k right now and Fisher is it :/
If your picking 1 now it’s fisher

But I’d rather a throw rankine than someone like J Clarke in defence because if the lower bar to keeper that rankine I think now has in him. Also prefer him to say wines for same reason are moment.

I may not start him but at the moment I have him and my squad means he could be traded to a fwd or mid if there better breakout options go big in rd 1.

Plenty could change though!
Eg if Billings goes well I’ll strongly consider going down to him and maybe top the dice on Bonner over a rookie

If your picking 1 now it’s fisher

But I’d rather a throw rankine than someone like J Clarke in defence because if the lower bar to keeper that rankine I think now has in him. Also prefer him to say wines for same reason are moment.

I may not start him but at the moment I have him and my squad means he could be traded to a fwd or mid if there better breakout options go big in rd 1.

Plenty could change though!
Eg if Billings goes well I’ll strongly consider going down to him and maybe top the dice on Bonner over a rookie
Yeah I have Billings at F2 so itd be Billings vs Rankine now depending on Round 0.
The issue is that there are way too many fwd rookies/cheapies and very few in the backline, forces you to spend up in mid/def a bit more. I had Coffield at D7 yesterday because I dont trust these def rookies to score.
Too many good fwd cheapies to ignore tbh

Yeah I have Billings at F2 so itd be Billings vs Rankine now depending on Round 0.
The issue is that there are way too many fwd rookies/cheapies and very few in the backline, forces you to spend up in mid/def a bit more. I had Coffield at D7 yesterday because I dont trust these def rookies to score.
Too many good fwd cheapies to ignore tbh
I’ve got Coleman D6 and had Coffield D7 but not don’t think he’s worth the premium to play on bench. If he starts well I’ll trade down to him at D6 as a correctional.

Billings a R0 watch for me but it’ll need to be 80+, probably 85+ for a certainly to come in. I’ll structure with rankine for now.

I’ve just made a team with $0 in the bank. Almost feels like you’ve cracked the code when that happens!

So, Luke Jackson. Nobody seems to have him in their team anymore. If he is over his concussion by round 1 are people bringing him in?
Unfortunately, he is playing the last game of the round and we may not know whether he's playing until after some of the earlier games are done.

So, Luke Jackson. Nobody seems to have him in their team anymore. If he is over his concussion by round 1 are people bringing him in?
Unfortunately, he is playing the last game of the round and we may not know whether he's playing until after some of the earlier games are done.
Not whilst Sean Darcy is playing

He'll be in my team at some point. It won't be round 1.

Still in my side, but watching Darcy. In the praccy Darcy was taken off early, which was probs just precautionary, but you never know. He's got a vulnerable body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back