Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't had Adams in any version of my team so far but this probably makes him a must have I'd guess
Yeah I’ve been cold on Adams all pre season but this changes a lot. No Mills and now no Parker. Gaping spot there for him now if there wasn’t already

Yeah I’ve been cold on Adams all pre season but this changes a lot. No Mills and now no Parker. Gaping spot there for him now if there wasn’t already
IDK.....They still have Gulden, Warner, Rowbottom, Heeney, Jordan and McIrneney, who are all more dynamic than Adams!

Then you have Sheldrick, Campbell and Roberts!!!

IDK.....They still have Gulden, Warner, Rowbottom, Heeney, Jordan and McIrneney, who are all more dynamic than Adams!

Parker isn't the most dynamic type though (at his age), so if its a like for like experienced big bodied midfielder replacement, then Adams seems the most suited.

Depends if they want to go like for like, or change the dynamic a bit.

Yeah pretty much what happy_eagle said. Horse is the sort of coach that wants at least one of the CBA mids to be a big bodied experienced type. Apart from maybe Rowbottom, none of those names you mentioned really fit that profile. Adams does, so I’d be amazed if he isn’t used heavily in that role, and I say that as somebody who didn’t want a bar of him in my fantasy side a few weeks ago.

We get a free look at things in round 0 anyway though, so I guess it’s a wait and see until then.

Yeah pretty much what happy_eagle said. Horse is the sort of coach that wants at least one of the CBA mids to be a big bodied experienced type. Apart from maybe Rowbottom, none of those names you mentioned really fit that profile. Adams does, so I’d be amazed if he isn’t used heavily in that role, and I say that as somebody who didn’t want a bar of him in my fantasy side a few weeks ago.

We get a free look at things in round 0 anyway though, so I guess it’s a wait and see until then.
Man i'm so over the name Rowbottom. Dude doesn't have it, surely they move on from him.

Man i'm so over the name Rowbottom. Dude doesn't have it, surely they move on from him.
Only averaged 80 last year (nearly), though two tons when Mills and Heeney out for the first ton, and Mills subbed out for the second one. His price dropped throughout the year by $43K, so you would need to see something significant happening for his fortunes to change

The F3 spot is killing me, i can afford anyone and have had the position blank for days now. I can not bring myself to pick anyone.

I have Flanders and Adams at F1 and F2 with Fisher at F4. 900k and not a single person i want to pick.

The F3 spot is killing me, i can afford anyone and have had the position blank for days now. I can not bring myself to pick anyone.

I have Flanders and Adams at F1 and F2 with Fisher at F4. 900k and not a single person i want to pick.
I think Fisher at F3 is acceptable this year. Fyfe / Jordan / Mackenzie can fill F4, rookies F5 & F6.

Flanders has the same problem as Freo - who's getting the big scores?

FWIW, I don't think its Touk this year. But there's a chance Rowell and Anderson go big and Miller / Flanders are 3 & 4. What do they score in that scenario?

Still above price but I think Flanders averaging 110 is a bit of a pipe dream, particularly in the first month.

I think there are some players who're just natural fantasy scorers - i.e. Swan/Rockliff/Titch of years gone by. Flanders is also that guy.

Is Taylor Adams still an option?

Seems like he will be there R1, with R0 also a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still feels like a huge red flag :grin:
Agreed, looking more and more like throwing the forward line is the way to go.

I still want Flanders at F1 (think you should start at least 1 guy thats going to be Top 6, and despite yesterdays score everything we have seen from Flanders in the pre-season suggests permanent mid with 10+ points upside), but now with Sexton seemingly forcing selection, not sure I love the idea of having 2 out in the same line on a given bye (even if they are my only 2 on that bye).

Same goes for Adams and Jordon (and Finn Macrae, but I have gotten rid of him).

Still feels like a huge red flag :grin:
I wasn’t sold on him so this sways me away.

After Parker injury I put him back in.
He did seem to have the role last night but I still wasn’t 100% convinced.

So in some ways nothings changed, if he plays rd0 and scores 95 with strong mid role I’ll pick him. If misses rd 0 or scores <90 I won’t (if 90-95 I’m really not sure)

So in some ways nothings changed, if he plays rd0 and scores 95 with strong mid role I’ll pick him. If misses rd 0 or scores <90 I won’t (if 90-95 I’m really not sure)
Yep I think this is the way to play it. I’m doing the same.

Not sure why his injury prone body is suddenly scaring people off now; he’s always been made out of tissue paper. It should have been part of people’s decision making the whole time.

Yep, I’d rather take a rd 0 underpriced forward who pops a 20+ above priced at to guarantee both scoring power but also good start to cash gen than risk the unknown of some of the non rd 0s

But on the other hand if a rd 0 uunderpriced fwd goes <20 above priced at, I’d rather risk another breakout contender knowing that rd 0 option won’t have amazing early cash generation plus an early bye

So Billings, Jordon, Adams, sexton, Flanders, etc will all self determine their own selection and that will dictate the room/risk appetite for the likes of Powell, fyfe, McKenzie, rankine, fisher

Is everyone really going to jump off Flanders because of one bad pre season game ?
Many were hesitant based on bye and ? Over scoring ceiling in the new system compared to the high mark game that got him to explode late last year and only were turned to the other side based on 1 quote from hardwick. It’s these types, including myself, that reasonably so are likely swayed back to the other side of the fence. If he’s been a lock for you all along it prob shouldn’t change anything

That’s before you consider that it won’t be 1 preseason game that decides it for anyone, it will be 1 opening round game…

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back