Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

First real attempt at a team this year after a long hiatus.. Hopefully it is good. Need to find a way to get 13k to get Conway into the bench ruck spot.View attachment 1914456
Trade Harley Reid ....impact player, think Tom Green early days .....should get your $13K
Either Reid or Watson

Give me your rationale on Bowes ....I have him currently over Budarick, due to bye and GEEL's great early fixture

Most recent iteration, I like the balance it gives in terms of premiums, value and cash gen. $0 in the bank is also a big plus

I've tried to not include Clark and Bowes but they both just feel like good picks.
I've also picked both of these guys in starting squads in the past so I am ready to be burned again but the FOMO of potentially missing out of is too strong as I'm a big fan of both

Have also tried to get rid of LDU multiple times but he keeps coming back. Adams has entered for the first time all pre-season due to the recent news.

As a suns fan the jury is still out on Sexton but I think if he's still there come round 1 he'll also still be in my side

Fantasy 27-02-24.png

Thought about Green to Laird but for some reason i really want to keep Green.
Could do Gulden down to Laid i suppose but Gulden is another i really want to keep.
Did change Wilson to pink though.
Duursma (unlikely to play, and will score poorly if he does) to Lazzaro free's up a little bit of money but not a lot)

Trade Harley Reid ....impact player, think Tom Green early days .....should get your $13K
Either Reid or Watson

Give me your rationale on Bowes ....I have him currently over Budarick, due to bye and GEEL's great early fixture
On Bowes i liked how he looked in our practice match combined with Guthrie missing 2 months+ should give him good mid time. On top of the things you stated bye and early fixture.

On Bowes i liked how he looked in our practice match combined with Guthrie missing 2 months+ should give him good mid time. On top of the things you stated bye and early fixture.

Why hello old friend (it's Shadow with a new account)

Great minds think alike re: Bowes. He looked amazing didn't he? Now that Guth is out for 8-10 and won't be back Round 6 at the earliest, Bowes likely has that spot locked down in the mids, and I expect him to flourish if he's anything like his last game!

Ripping pre-season too

As we all know there's a stack of uncertainty in the forward line, so going with the one premo I'm confident in and the rest rookies. Thinking that I would rather take a punt at the $300k price level than the $600k price level (all this may change when none of the rookies are named in Rd 1!). Given the number of best 18 rounds early it mitigates the risk a little.

Really happy with the DEF line, had Luke Ryan as D1 but couldn't have 3 Freo defenders in there, so flicked him to Short. Early bye not great but role looks sharp.

MIDs - recently moved Naicos in there as I felt the depth in DEF was strong. Sheldrick has come in post-Parker injury news. In an ideal world I'd have Steele instead of Nic Martin but happy enough there. Sheldrick allows me to ride 2 of the 3 key rookies instead of being dependent on all three.

RUCK - was half tempted by Naismith when the Nank injury came through but couldn't do it!

Touchwood I've got a stack of keepers in the DEF/MID lines and can use the cash gen in the FOR to upgrade. $21k left over.

Any thoughts?
Your forward line is a dounut factory waiting to happen, with only Flanders and Harley entrenched in their teams best 22, with Harley a real risk as sub and rest candidate

Macrae is currently on Pies 6 man bench with Pendles to come back in, is borderline best 22 and Sub candidate

Windsor and Simpson are 1st yr players who are not guaranteed 22 and massive sub candidate

Same issue with Lazzaro. Having one of them starting with Harley is not too bad, but having 4 is a disaster waiting to happen.

There is a alot of value in the 400-500k range who won't have best 22 and Sub risks. You need to balance out your team, way too much money in defence

As we all know there's a stack of uncertainty in the forward line, so going with the one premo I'm confident in and the rest rookies. Thinking that I would rather take a punt at the $300k price level than the $600k price level (all this may change when none of the rookies are named in Rd 1!). Given the number of best 18 rounds early it mitigates the risk a little.

Really happy with the DEF line, had Luke Ryan as D1 but couldn't have 3 Freo defenders in there, so flicked him to Short. Early bye not great but role looks sharp.

MIDs - recently moved Naicos in there as I felt the depth in DEF was strong. Sheldrick has come in post-Parker injury news. In an ideal world I'd have Steele instead of Nic Martin but happy enough there. Sheldrick allows me to ride 2 of the 3 key rookies instead of being dependent on all three.

RUCK - was half tempted by Naismith when the Nank injury came through but couldn't do it!

Touchwood I've got a stack of keepers in the DEF/MID lines and can use the cash gen in the FOR to upgrade. $21k left over.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 1914448
Unfortunately 5 rookies is just too risky unfortunately. Gotta run with 4 MAX and that would still make me neeeeervy

Any thoughts?

View attachment 1914448
I'd like this if your midfield was better, but Short and Whitfield don't make this pop for me. Agree with the other comments, way too overstacked in defense and need to give up one of Short or Whit and spend more in the forward line.

It’s all good mate, Catastrophe! has kindly agreed to take responsibility for all our teams if the Bowes pick goes wrong. It’s virtually risk free. I’d pick him 22 times if I could.
There is a certain irony to a poster named Catastrophe! championing a Geelong player, us all piling on and not expecting it to go t*ts up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So rather than doing work today, I figured I'd do an experiment and wipe my team and just see what a team looks like where I try to save cash for post bye pickups in the early rounds.
The plan was to only use players that I had already put a star against, as they had been players I had actively been watching this preseason, and minimising players with the early byes where possible.
I don't hate it if I'm being honest, though I know it would be one hell of a risky play.
This team leaves me with 428k spare to launch into Giants, Blues, Suns, and Lions, after their early byes

Kiddy, Green, Shitfield, Rowell, Ando, Walsh, etc. all come into play, and you easily have the cash to upgrade to at least 2 of those blokes after their bye.

If I swap out Roberts for Sharp, it leaves me with the following bye setup.
Round 3 - Flanders, Sexton, Uwland
Round 5 - Adams, Grundy
Round 6 - Windsor
So Flanders is basically the only premo that I expose myself to. With Adams and Grundy on a slightly lower tier, but with better cover.

I probably won't go with this lineup, there are just too many risky plays, but I'll be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by the idea

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    708.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    802.3 KB · Views: 72
This is my next go at my starting team and concentrating on the early byes

1709095173748.png

1709095119938.png

Its my understnding Opening Round isnt counting for AFL Fantasy - correct?
As per above bye sheet, i have minimised as much as i can on the early byes. I will get caned in Rd 12 but by that time i will have made changes anyway and will make a note to change things up relative to that bye round by then.

A watch will be put on Jack Maccrae, Luke Jackson and Marcus Windhager. as well as they have some injury issues that might affect them starting rd 1.

Happy to hear suggestions.

Last edited:
This is my next go at my starting team and concentrating on the early byes

View attachment 1915320

View attachment 1915319

Its my understnding Opening Round isnt counting for AFL Fantasy - correct?
As per above bye sheet, i have minimised as much as i can on the early byes. I will get caned in Rd 12 but by that time i will have made changes anyway and will make a note to change things up relative to that bye round by then.

A watch will be put on Jack Maccrae, Luke Jackson and Marcus Windhager. as well as they have some injury issues that might affect them starting rd 1.

Happy to hear suggestions.
Opening round is just for watching candidates. The scores factor into their price following round 1.
I’m wary of premos for byes in rounds 2&3. Round 5 maybe slight concern with 4 keys out. A lot can happen in 5 rounds

I’m off Macrae et al

I’m no sage on this - still haven’t finished top 1000. Maybe ask around. 👍

So rather than doing work today, I figured I'd do an experiment and wipe my team and just see what a team looks like where I try to save cash for post bye pickups in the early rounds.
The plan was to only use players that I had already put a star against, as they had been players I had actively been watching this preseason, and minimising players with the early byes where possible.
I don't hate it if I'm being honest, though I know it would be one hell of a risky play.
This team leaves me with 428k spare to launch into Giants, Blues, Suns, and Lions, after their early byes

Kiddy, Green, Shitfield, Rowell, Ando, Walsh, etc. all come into play, and you easily have the cash to upgrade to at least 2 of those blokes after their bye.

If I swap out Roberts for Sharp, it leaves me with the following bye setup.
Round 3 - Flanders, Sexton, Uwland
Round 5 - Adams, Grundy
Round 6 - Windsor
So Flanders is basically the only premo that I expose myself to. With Adams and Grundy on a slightly lower tier, but with better cover.

I probably won't go with this lineup, there are just too many risky plays, but I'll be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by the idea
Like the thinking. Only point I would make is if you're leaving that much cash in the bank, go for the Gawn/Grundy/Xerri play in the ruck line so your cash will earn some good interest 😉

Think im done with my side, ready to go. of course 7 games to go + round 0 but very happy.

0 $200k, sacrifing a tiny bit of scoring early for my upgrades after the byes

Think im done with my side, ready to go. of course 7 games to go + round 0 but very happy.

0 $200k, sacrifing a tiny bit of scoring early for my upgrades after the byes
Where’s Jeffrey gone this preseason? Thought the bloke would make HBF his own this season but looks like he’s been surpassed by Sexton of all people….

Where’s Jeffrey gone this preseason? Thought the bloke would make HBF his own this season but looks like he’s been surpassed by Sexton of all people….
Yeah i'm pretty devo on it too, wasted a keeper spot on the guy. He's still at half back which is a good sign and is pretty hungry in the 2's game last week.

Might still be ok later in the year.

Budarick & Sexton came in to our defence and Atkins & Andrew (gone forward) have gone out.

Yeah i'm pretty devo on it too, wasted a keeper spot on the guy. He's still at half back which is a good sign and is pretty hungry in the 2's game last week.

Might still be ok later in the year.

Budarick & Sexton came in to our defence and Atkins & Andrew (gone forward) have gone out.
Swear we have identical keeper teams. Used my last pick on him and was laughing at the time but not to be…

Swear we have identical keeper teams. Used my last pick on him and was laughing at the time but not to be…
Could be possible, do you have Rowell Anderson Flanders:tearsofjoy:?

Kept Jeffrey over Coffield & Ratkins for that last spot, we have our draft sunday and we locked our players in before the games so i didnt wanna miss out on Jeffrey if he went bang. basically kept him for fomo

I’m hoping Curtain shows promise this weekend. Obviously going to be a gun but if he can looks like he can average 50-60 I might Chuck him on field.
Now with Williams most probably not a suitable starter, saves you cash that potentially can use so less rookies in the forward line/Conway on bench.
Really finding it difficult to find that cash elsewhere.

I’m hoping Curtain shows promise this weekend. Obviously going to be a gun but if he can looks like he can average 50-60 I might Chuck him on field.
Now with Williams most probably not a suitable starter, saves you cash that potentially can use so less rookies in the forward line/Conway on bench.
Really finding it difficult to find that cash elsewhere.
Brando Can Not Forgive.gif ......CURTIN

Back on topic .....is Curtin going to play with an ingrown toe nail ? ......I doubt he'll suit up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back