Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Great points.

Take Dawson and Laird for example, Matty Nicks ain’t like Sir Coke No Sugar, he’s not gonna put his two best mids forward regularly
Dawson sometimes puts himself forward to try to win the game, or pushes himself back to defend a lead. Laird is unlikely going to be pushed forward as he is a terrible kick for goal.

Yeo hasn't earned the right to cruise in pre-season. He hasn't been fantasy relevant for 4-5 years. He isn't dirt cheap. Jayden Hunt and Jordan Clark are similarly priced, but are flying in pre-season and scored well in all the practice matches and don't have the same injury risk. They'll both score more than Yeo imo.
Hate to say it but I don't think yeo cares about his fantasy relevance 😂 imo this season he will fire because it's a contract year for him. He went to Qatar to get the body right and started pre season early.

Hate to say it but I don't think yeo cares about his fantasy relevance 😂 imo this season he will fire because it's a contract year for him. He went to Qatar to get the body right and started pre season early.
Jiath from the hawks also went overseas to get his body right...

At the end of the day, Yeo looked slow to the eye. 2 games in a row now. it shouldn't be ignored.

At the end of the day, Yeo looked slow to the eye. 2 games in a row now. it shouldn't be ignored.
Gibcus also went overseas and he looks fine now too. Jiath is one example.

He didn't look slow to the eye at all when I watched it live. West coast just got stomped and used the ball terribly, so the opportunity for marks from spreading was very limited. At stoppages he looked good. You can pass if you want, but I won't be.

Gibcus also went overseas and he looks fine now too. Jiath is one example.

He didn't look slow to the eye at all when I watched it live. West coast just got stomped and used the ball terribly, so the opportunity for marks from spreading was very limited. At stoppages he looked good. You can pass if you want, but I won't be.
yeah im passing. and if by some chance he's playing well and better than Clark or Hunt then I can do an easy sideways trade but I'd be pretty surprised if he out averaged them.

I do actually agree with you somewhat on this; every premium is going to have the odd question mark or two hanging over them. That’s always been the case though and I’d prefer to go in with all points of view considered rather than just thinking it’s all going to be clear sailing and potentially missing something.

The other thing is that if there’s a premium that ticks every single box (no doubts whatsoever over them) then the whole comp will likely start with them. So the odd doubt here and there can help build some uniqueness into ownership.
Wow - we just found this guy's peer!
Karate Kid GIF

You must have been watching a different game to me. Covered a lot of ground, burst out of stoppages, and kicked a ripping goal whilst using agility and sheer power. For me, the body holding up is the main thing, and I think he looked like he'd wound the clock back, tbh.

Managed to somehow squeeze Clark in, and not gonna lie this is probably the most content I've been with my team since Fantasy opened this year, haha.

Yeo having midfield cover of Sharp and Windsor, who I would have had on field, makes me feel a lot more confident with the decision.

Going Laird over Brayshaw for now, but that may change again. Feel his role is so much more solid, and you just know what you're gonna get. Freo is so much tougher to decipher.

Can't ignore Fyfe after that performance, and it's an absolute shit fest in the forward line, so having only 2 rooks in there feels good.

This side also only has 4 rooks as well, when I had 7 at one stage. Also means I can flick Fyfe into the mids if he inevitably gets injured, and again cover with one of Windsor or Sharp who I would have had on the ground anyway. Gonna leave this until the end of the next round of praccy matches, but genuinely hopeful that this one might actually stick, haha.

22K remaining

Screenshot_20240225-195049.png

Screenshot_20240225-195137.png

Last edited:
**** sake, I’ve had Clarke all preseason then he goes and lights it up. Even the podcasts have been quiet one him. It’s ****ing hard getting a leg up in fantasy these days or being ahead of the curve as it comes so much quicker than it used to

I know we all have him but Zilliams worries me as a spot. Still no sign of him and there’s two weeks until round 0 begins. Looking like a prime sub candidate

* sake, I’ve had Clarke all preseason then he goes and lights it up. Even the podcasts have been quiet one him. It’s ******* hard getting a leg up in fantasy these days or being ahead of the curve as it comes so much quicker than it used to

I know we all have him but Zilliams worries me as a spot. Still no sign of him and there’s two weeks until round 0 begins. Looking like a prime sub candidate
My thoughts exactly for both lol, guess we're all pretty similar minded

* sake, I’ve had Clarke all preseason then he goes and lights it up. Even the podcasts have been quiet one him. It’s ******* hard getting a leg up in fantasy these days or being ahead of the curve as it comes so much quicker than it used to

Eh i think quite a few have had him on the radar but waiting to see how he goes, i do think he goes 90+ this year, but i have no idea who to drop for him.

Eh i think quite a few have had him on the radar but waiting to see how he goes, i do think he goes 90+ this year, but i have no idea who to drop for him.
He’s been on the radar for sure but no one has actually talked him up or really been close to selecting him until now

I think a lot more people go Clark over someone like Coleman now as they’ve seen Freo look for him and there’s no bye to worry about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been on the radar for sure but no one has actually talked him up or really been close to selecting him until now

I think a lot more people go Clark over someone like Coleman now as they’ve seen Freo look for him and there’s no bye to worry about
Yeah for sure, ive had him in my team a few times but took him out.

Somehow I doubt not being relevant in fantasy has any bearing on how Yeo approaches his pre-season.
Also his scoring is clearly not a problem based on the couple of games he played last year, role doesn’t seem to be a problem either based on the praccy.

So him getting through preseason any way possible is surely the only box to tick

Crows defenders don't score that highly. We're not a chip it in the backlines type of team.
Hinge post bye went 90+

Dawson also used to go 100 back there even up until round 6/7 last year.

Not as big as other teams that’s for sure but there’s still chippies to be had

Managed to somehow squeeze Clark in, and not gonna lie this is probably the most content I've been with my team since Fantasy opened this year, haha.

Yeo having midfield cover of Sharp and Windsor, who I would have had on field, makes me feel a lot more confident with the decision.

Going Laird over Brayshaw for now, but that may change again. Feel his role is so much more solid, and you just know what you're gonna get. Freo is so much tougher to decipher.

Can't ignore Fyfe after that performance, and it's an absolute s**t fest in the forward line, so having only 2 rooks in there feels good.

This side also only has 4 rooks as well, when I had 7 at one stage. Also means I can flick Fyfe into the mids if he inevitably gets injured, and again cover with one of Windsor or Sharp who I would have had on the ground anyway. Gonna leave this until the end of the next round of praccy matches, but genuinely hopeful that this one might actually stick, haha.

22K remaining

View attachment 1913326

View attachment 1913327

Glitch Computer GIF by Voidz

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back