Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Daniel Hartford’s son draft age next year or 2026 please.

Also is there any more tall father sons coming through or only midfielders.

Is Daniel Hartford’s son draft age next year or 2026 please.

Also is there any more tall father sons coming through or only midfielders.
Not sure, but he’s played u9 - u16s all the way with one of my best mates sons….and he won’t be playing anything but local footy at this stage (if you know what I mean).

I'm not sure if people are following Ned's development at Sandy, but based on scouting reports he is tracking nicely. See example below:

Playing in the midfield, Maginness was used as a sweeper at stoppages. His ability to read when and how the ball was coming out was extinctive. Naturally, there were times when the oncoming pressure did affect his decision making, but he held up well otherwise. He showed he has the ability to play against any sized player, but it was his brute strength that really caught the eye, allowing him to brush off opponents who dared try contain him.

I'm not sure if people are following Ned's development at Sandy, but based on scouting reports he is tracking nicely. See example below:

Playing in the midfield, Maginness was used as a sweeper at stoppages. His ability to read when and how the ball was coming out was extinctive. Naturally, there were times when the oncoming pressure did affect his decision making, but he held up well otherwise. He showed he has the ability to play against any sized player, but it was his brute strength that really caught the eye, allowing him to brush off opponents who dared try contain him.

‘Extinctive’? That does NOT sound good….

It was so obvious that orange font shouldn’t have been needed, but here we are

lisa simpson episode 21 GIF

It was so obvious that orange font shouldn’t have been needed, but here we are
Have you spent long on this board? Every take you hold to be irredeemably stupid is held earnestly by someone else.

The really good football writers in the UK put Australian sports journalism to shame.
If it means this kind of thesaurus whankary raises the standards along the way, then I'll allow it to pass.

The movement of standards seems weighted heavily in one direction only since online 'journalism' arrived like a turd in the media pool this century.

Because AFL reportage was never stellar to begin with, it's become absolutely putrid now.

The UK needs to send their best and brightest if they want to create a market for quality. Lord knows we need it.

The movement of standards seems weighted heavily in one direction only since online 'journalism' arrived like a turd in the media pool this century.

Because AFL reportage was never stellar to begin with, it's become absolutely putrid now.

The UK needs to send their best and brightest if they want to create a market for quality. Lord knows we need it.
I remember Tim Lane's bizarre effort to push his commentary 'up market' with literary quotes in the MIDDLE OF PLAY!
Is he still doing that shieet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Tim Lane's bizarre effort to push his commentary 'up market' with literary quotes in the MIDDLE OF PLAY!
Is he still doing that shieet?

I've not heard him in a good decade or so, but I figure he jumped the shark a little circa the mid 90s when I also discovered that he really didn't like Hawthorn. He was very good at his peak, and I listened to him growing up and enjoyed it well enough.

But that is some nuff-nuff level stuff.

Can't really see Dickens or Twain in the same sentence as 'Dusty gives him a don't argue'...

I've not heard him in a good decade or so, but I figure he jumped the shark a little circa the mid 90s when I also discovered that he really didn't like Hawthorn. He was very good at his peak, and I listened to him growing up and enjoyed it well enough.

Can't really see Dickens or Twain in the same sentence as 'Dusty gives him a don't argue'...
He was really leaning into it.
Pompous twaaaat

To baulk, or not to baulk: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the midfield to suffer The slings and arrows of being called “baaaallll!”, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by means of “don’t argue”, end them?

To baulk, or not to baulk: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the midfield to suffer The slings and arrows of being called “baaaallll!”, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by means of “don’t argue”, end them?

Taking retro to its logical conclusion!

noel fielding dance GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back