Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We might have the room but I doubt we'd want both Battle & Perryman. I just think the club is making sure it's in balls deep for both to make sure we get one.
Smith is a separate matter though.

I feel we want them both, as both players are flexible.

Perryman Defence - Mid
Battle Def - Forward.

We will have another clean out at years end. I feel we have already stamped a few papers 📝 in our planning.

We might have the room but I doubt we'd want both Battle & Perryman. I just think the club is making sure it's in balls deep for both to make sure we get one.
if they both turn around though and say they both want to come you welcome them both with open arms and worry about the rest later...goes without saying

my mate Carro..

Hey Carro, Perryman ey, what’s the go?
Yeah, Hawthorn see him as a genuine midfielder. Hawks and Port showing most interest..

How about Smith.. I want him.

Carro: no you don’t his trouble 😐

Similar was said about Ginnivan.

I’ll back in Smith want to play for the Hawks and the Hawks coaching / management team to bring the best out of Bailey.

Very much doubt that. If both said they wanted to sign on I doubt we’d say to the least preferred bloke ‘sorry we didn’t think you’d both say yes’ - would be an excellent way to piss off a player manager when we’ve courted both blokes fairly publicly.

Look, not losing my shit if we bring him in, he's not a spud.
Who would you drop from last weeks team to pencil him in as best 22? Is he for sure going forward better than Ward, HH, Bennett, Morrison, Serong, Maginness, Seamus, Bodie, and McCabe? Because that's who's waiting for their chance.
Battle is 1000x for sure better than every one of those players back or forward right now and only McCabe likely/fingers crossed to change that equation. Wouldn't drop anyone from our midfield rotation right now either for Perryman.

Because if it's just as 23-26 best squad player then don't reckon that's the best allocation of funds at that number.
I've been a staunch supporter of Hawthorn decisions, and would remain so, but for all the yakking Big Footy posters did about aquiring Ben Mackay, that as a get made sense to me.
Battle makes sense to me.
Perryman? Ok, but meh for me.
I mean it is hard to predict the development of young players but on exposed form i would be confident Perryman will be better than the vast majority of that list. Ward i hope will pass him but who knows, Morrison, Bennett, Serong, Maginness i doubt even sniff the level of Perryman. I'd take him over Seamus currently and need to see a hell of a lot more of Bodie and McCabe before passing on Perryman because of what they may or may not be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love a R&L update right about now 😂
Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir

I always find it funny how worked up people get by jurnos reports about player movements half way through the season.

It might be true. But how often is it?
The vitriol sent towards a player who hasn't made a decision baffles me.

I mean it is hard to predict the development of young players but on exposed form i would be confident Perryman will be better than the vast majority of that list. Ward i hope will pass him but who knows, Morrison, Bennett, Serong, Maginness i doubt even sniff the level of Perryman. I'd take him over Seamus currently and need to see a hell of a lot more of Bodie and McCabe before passing on Perryman because of what they may or may not be.
Won't sniff Perryman's level?????
Do you have Perryman AA.....?
If Perryman is that good then Battle is Paul Roos.

For reference, when you're gauging the best the above players will be:
Ward is 20 years old
Bennetts is 19 years old
Serong is 21 years old
Maginness is 23 years old and it's possible he doesn't have another level to get to, but has a special skill I value over the swiss army knife that is HP.

Perryman is 26, and Morrison (26 later this year) is every bit a poor man's Perryman.

For me, he best plays a similar role as CJ
I'll take home grown CJ.
Far more upside as a game changer.

Won't sniff Perryman's level?????
Do you have Perryman AA.....?
If Perryman is that good then Battle is Paul Roos.

For reference, when you're gauging the best the above players will be:
Ward is 20 years old
Bennett is 19 years old
Serong is 21 years old
Maginness is 23 years old and it's possible he doesn't have another level to get to, but has a special skill I value over the swiss army knife that is HP.

Perryman is 26, and Morrison (26 later this year) is every bit a poor man's Perryman.

For me, he best plays a similar role as CJ
I'll take home grown CJ.
Far more upside as a game changer.
You are comparing ****ing VFL players to someone who has been a key member of genuine premiership contending teams. You can rate Finn over him if you like, i am confident no clubs in the AFL would. Serong shown some promise at VFL level, that is it. Bennett not played a game.

Ward has talent and i am willing to wait and see on him who knows.

He plays completely different to CJ, if we are going to compare who is better at the moment? Again it is Perryman.

You are seriously underrating him if you think Finn is close to Perryman as a player.

You are comparing ****ing VFL players to someone who has been a key member of genuine premiership contending teams. You can rate Finn over him if you like, i am confident no clubs in the AFL would. Serong shown some promise at VFL level, that is it. Bennett not played a game.

Ward has talent and i am willing to wait and see on him who knows.

He plays completely different to CJ, if we are going to compare who is better at the moment? Again it is Perryman.

You are seriously underrating him if you think Finn is close to Perryman as a player.

If you read what I wrote, I say that I rate Finn at what HE does, more than I rate Perryman at what HE does.
Was Ward a VFL player when he was playing AFL?
I am viewing players as I project moving forward. You know, like Mass. I'd take Mass over Perryman every day of the week for the skill level of what he does over P Man.
You don't rate any of the players I mention as much more than chewing gum, and Perryman some sort of great player.
Lets re-visit in 2 years shall we?

If you read what I wrote, I say that I rate Finn at what HE does, more than I rate Perryman at what HE does.
Was Ward a VFL player when he was playing AFL?
I am viewing players as I project moving forward. You know, like Mass. I'd take Mass over Perryman every day of the week for the skill level of what he does over P Man.
You don't rate any of the players I mention as much more than chewing gum, and Perryman some sort of great player.
Lets re-visit in 2 years shall we?
Well that is not something i said at all. Also Finn is in the VFL and the other would be a lock best 22 in our team.

I never said he is a great player but suggesting players who are yet to play an AFL game are likely to be better is silly. Some of them may develop to be his level of player but the majority would be unlikely. Getting an above average AFL player from most of them would be a great result.

Perryman is just a really good upgrade to our best 22.

Well that is not something i said at all. Also Finn is in the VFL and the other would be a lock best 22 in our team.

I never said he is a great player but suggesting players who are yet to play an AFL game are likely to be better is silly. Some of them may develop to be his level of player but the majority would be unlikely. Getting an above average AFL player from most of them would be a great result.

Perryman is just a really good upgrade to our best 22.

You're right. You called them "****ing VFL players". :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back