Player Watch Hawthorn NGA 2021 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

I pity the fool you are!

You only had to buy a house and you could move, so thousands either sold up from Melbourne and moved north or were given exemptions to inspect.

Your lack of knowledge of covid restrictions in Australia and those related to movement are astounding for someone who preaches the gospel.

Move along

A demographic blip. Has been thoroughly the other way pre covid and becoming that again now.

Legit Hawthorn F/S and NGA prospects upcoming

Ky Burgoyne (Also Port Adelaide F/S)

Kobe Williams F/S (Also W.Bulldogs NGA)
Russell Parry NGA
Lachlan Everetts NGA

Cooper Hodge F/S (Also Brisbane Academy) - Bris A u16's Championships
Ben Crawford F/S (Also Gold Coast Academy)

Percy Burgoyne F/S (Also Port Adelaide F/S)
Keenan Boi NGA

Smith Mitchell F/S

Harry Crawford F/S
Jack Crawford F/S

Chase Hodge F/S
Fletcher Graham F/S

Last edited:

Keenan Boi NGA

Smith Mitchell F/S

Harry Crawford F/S
Jack Crawford F/S

Chase Hodge F/S
Fletcher Graham F/S

I hope the AFL finally rules that F/S > Academy to put the Cooper Hodge debate to bed.

Keenan Boi NGA

Smith Mitchell F/S

Harry Crawford F/S
Jack Crawford F/S

Chase Hodge F/S
Fletcher Graham F/S

Looks like Williams could now play for dogs also seeing his in the NGA, he has a choice now.

Some interesting comments on a potential Next Gen selection -

HAWTHORN-LINKED BEAST IS ALMOST BACK

The midfielder who has become known as ‘The Beast from the East’ is closing in on a surprise return to the field.

Eastern Ranges onballer Cody Anderson has made good progress in his recovery from a Syndesmosis injury and is eyeing a final-round return against the Northern Knights on August 24.

A member of Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy, Anderson has been sidelined with the injury since briefly featuring in Vic Metro’s third match of the under-18 national championships against South Australia on June 30.

He has been working with both the Hawks and the Ranges through the rehabilitation process.

A contested-ball and clearance king, Anderson logged 16 disposals (nine contested possessions), four clearances and two goals in his VFL debut for the Box Hill Hawks in early June.

He is one of 65 players who have been invited to October’s national draft combine.

Cody Anderson is on the way back. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Blair Jackson

The midfielder who has become known as ‘The Beast from the East’ is closing in on a surprise return to the field.

Eastern Ranges onballer Cody Anderson has made good progress in his recovery from a Syndesmosis injury and is eyeing a final-round return against the Northern Knights on August 24.

A member of Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy, Anderson has been sidelined with the injury since briefly featuring in Vic Metro’s third match of the under-18 national championships against South Australia on June 30.

He has been working with both the Hawks and the Ranges through the rehabilitation process.

A contested-ball and clearance king, Anderson logged 16 disposals (nine contested possessions), four clearances and two goals in his VFL debut for the Box Hill Hawks in early June.

He is one of 65 players who have been invited to October’s national draft combine.

Amazing. I really liked what I saw from his game at Box Hill.

Last edited:

This kid totally didn’t look out of place in the game I saw him play on TV for BH. Got some solid quads on him and he snagged a goal or 2. Without knowing who is till now I kept thinking to myself who is this over ager he’s already that well built.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it round 23 and we all still have no idea who is in our academy?
Is there actually an academy or just a form players fill out when nominating for draft to declare nomination like father son. I know the northern academies are actual squads that play and train together with the AFL coaches involved too.

It would be interesting to know how much and what kind of resources we're putting into our zone up in Katherine, given it doesn't seem to produce any players. Incredibly difficult to relocate kids from there to Melbourne. The work done up there would seemingly be purely for the benefit of the community there, and well worthwhile from that perspective, but I wonder how the club weighs it up, especially in comparison to the other 2 zones.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Hawthorn NGA 2021 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back