List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned.
Taken from the below article link.

Brisbane​

Picks: 30, 39, 51, 54, 67, 97

Brisbane is without a first round pick, having traded the selection in the Josh Dunkley deal last year.

As a result, the Lions will need to find talent in the later stages of the draft, with key position stocks potentially in their sights.

South Australian captain Will Patton will be around the mark, with the key defender impressing with his aerial work in his National Championships campaign.

If the Lions get lucky, Tasmanian Arie Schoenmaker could fall into the late second round. The 194cm defender missed the first ten games of the season with suspension but has since caught recruiters' eyes with his penetrating left foot and excellent positional versatility.

MORE: AFL Phantom Draft 2023

If we are trading up with GC, we are trading up 4 spots only.

So we better be getting something else back from GC, along with pick 24.

They currently hold our future second round pick, I’d like that back.
Could see us getting back the round 3 selection that GC currently have which is tied to the Bombers for next year draft.
I guess it depends on whether the trade is driven by them or us tbh.
They need points obviously but we would also like to get higher in this draft so would need to be a fairly even trade imo.

Interesting I don't think there has been a single pick trade during this post-player-trade period. I seem to recall there were quite a few during this period last year.
Nine "Trade for draft picks" in this period last year

Brisbane​

Brisbane is without a first round pick, having traded the selection in the Josh Dunkley deal last year.

As a result, the Lions will need to find talent in the later stages of the draft, with key position stocks potentially in their sights.

South Australian captain Will Patton will be around the mark, with the key defender impressing with his aerial work in his National Championships campaign.

If the Lions get lucky, Tasmanian Arie Schoenmaker could fall into the late second round. The 194cm defender missed the first ten games of the season with suspension but has since caught recruiters' eyes with his penetrating left foot and excellent positional versatility.

What on earth did Arie Schoenmaker do to get a 10 week suspension??

What on earth did Arie Schoenmaker do to get a 10 week suspension??
Schoenmaker's draft chances were suddenly clouded after the state program came down hard on him for buying and consuming alcohol. A handful of his teammates were suspended, most only for a few weeks, but the 18-year-old copped a big whack. It has ended up being a blessing in disguise, even if it felt severe at the time.

Interesting I don't think there has been a single pick trade during this post-player-trade period. I seem to recall there were quite a few during this period last year.
Gold Coast, Hawks and Bulldogs did all their pick trading during the player trade period.

At the moment GC are locked in to taking 6 picks to the draft, and can’t trade now, without weakening their current position, so they’ll wait until draft night and live trade for more picks/points.

Geelong are looking to split their first round pick, but no one is offering anything attractive for their pick.

And there’s no reason for West Coast to trade pick 1 before draft night. Wait for a final best offer, and see if it’s attractive enough to move it.

Brisbane​

Patton is undersized for a genuine KPP. Is a good intercept mark, but doesn’t have Gardiner’s agility or athleticism, and isn’t a particularly strong ball user.

Schoenmaker has been mentioned here. Is a slightly taller version of Birchall. Has a booming kick, needs to work on his short kicks and decision making. Is an ok intercept mark, but needs to work on his defensive game.

Nothing significant happened in the 2022 "trade for draft picks" period.
Brisbane involved in 3 of the 9 that occurred.
Without me doing some calculations i think Brisbane would have increased their points which was our objective.
Below from draft guru

1699236217625.png

Could see us getting back the round 3 selection that GC currently have which is tied to the Bombers for next year draft.
I guess it depends on whether the trade is driven by them or us tbh.
They need points obviously but we would also like to get higher in this draft so would need to be a fairly even trade imo.
Our pick 30 would get used up in matching the bid on Jed Walter.

GC would have about 47 points left over from the trade, so it would generate a pick at the back end of the draft for them.

Our pick 39, shouldn’t get used in matching the bid on Ethan Read, so should move up to pick 35 by the time a bid comes in for Jake Rogers.

And GC should have ~350’ish points left over from the Read bid, to add our once was pick 39, which allows them to match from pick 16 onwards, any Rogers bid.

And with 3 future first round picks, I don’t see much of a need for GC to hold later picks next year, as they are likely to be pushed back just as much, if not more, as this year’s picks will be, from all the father son and academy kids bids.

Plus GC have another academy midfielder in next years draft. Their list squeeze will still be ongoing.

Their list squeeze will still be ongoing.
There are 3-4 teams interested in Suns picks 24, 26 according to Herald.

At the moment we still don't know the official list size.

If we draft 4 academy kids, that would be 43 players total (37 + 5 + 1). So, we could have a normal list size.

As for next year, yes, we got min 2 academy kids (Lombard possibly 1st round pick, Nancarrow). Plenty of players to potentially go at the end of 2024.

Casboult, Oea, Berry, Atkins (+ 1 year subject to KPI), Ellis, Macpherson, Lemmens, Holman.

King, Moyle, Davies, Jeffrey and Ainsworth are also out of contract.

Obviously, some players could me moved to rookie list and some rookies delisted (Faulkhead, Tsitas, Brock, Day, Uwland). Tsitas and Day are primary targets.

Last edited:
Schoenmaker's draft chances were suddenly clouded after the state program came down hard on him for buying and consuming alcohol. A handful of his teammates were suspended, most only for a few weeks, but the 18-year-old copped a big whack. It has ended up being a blessing in disguise, even if it felt severe at the time.

10 weeks for buying and consuming alcohol!?!

Tasmanian prisons must be overflowing.

Just for clarification, I think the suspension came at him cause “he bought alcohol for the underage players” and not because he got it for himself at the legal age.

Wonder if he will fit into Melbourne’s culture alright with Oliver and co ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drugs GIF

Just for clarification, I think the suspension came at him cause “he bought alcohol for the underage players” and not because he got it for himself at the legal age.

Wonder if he will fit into Melbourne’s culture alright with Oliver and co ;)
Didn’t Jack Darling do something questionable or at least let’s be honest rather inconsequential at a similar age and he is a good egg and had a great career. But yeah, 10 week suspension is one of those virtual signaling cringeworthy roll your eyes at some groupthink yes people thinking they need to come down hard on a non-event. What a time to be alive with such nonsense.

Our pick 30 would get used up in matching the bid on Jed Walter.

GC would have about 47 points left over from the trade, so it would generate a pick at the back end of the draft for them.

Our pick 39, shouldn’t get used in matching the bid on Ethan Read, so should move up to pick 35 by the time a bid comes in for Jake Rogers.

And GC should have ~350’ish points left over from the Read bid, to add our once was pick 39, which allows them to match from pick 16 onwards, any Rogers bid.

And with 3 future first round picks, I don’t see much of a need for GC to hold later picks next year, as they are likely to be pushed back just as much, if not more, as this year’s picks will be, from all the father son and academy kids bids.

Plus GC have another academy midfielder in next years draft. Their list squeeze will still be ongoing.
I’m sure the the Brisbane recruiters will pull off a miracle from somewhere to get what the want this year and next. They have worked wonders in recent years. I just can’t work out how they are going to do it.

Let’s say they are able to swap 30, 39, 54, and 67 (I’m being generous) for Gold Coast’s 24 and Brisbane’s already traded F2.

That gives the Lions 24, 51 and 97 this year.

That also gives them their own original picks for next year. I estimate with another good year those picks are worth just short of 2000 point. Hypothetically if Levi goes Number 1 and Marshall Number 10, that will cost them around 3500 points with the 20% discount.

The recruiters have their work cut out for them.

Didn’t Jack Darling do something questionable or at least let’s be honest rather inconsequential at a similar age and he is a good egg and had a great career. But yeah, 10 week suspension is one of those virtual signaling cringeworthy roll your eyes at some groupthink yes people thinking they need to come down hard on a non-event. What a time to be alive with such nonsense.
If the comment about the ban being for supplying underage teammates with alcohol is true (which makes the most sense), I'm surprised you haven't been on a decades long virtue signalling rant about the state of the legal system because that's been outright illegal with potential jail terms for a long long long time.

If the comment about the ban being for supplying underage teammates with alcohol is true (which makes the most sense), I'm surprised you haven't been on a decades long virtue signalling rant about the state of the legal system because that's been outright illegal with potential jail terms for a long long long time.
Are you for real; who hasn’t used a fake ID when they were 17 or had siblings, ransom strangers at the drive thru or mates siblings buy you grog when you were u/18 or u/21 in the US and coming across that there’s jail time attached to it. Give us a break; have you seen how much youth crime exists in this country with burglaries, bashings, ramming police cars etc etc and none of them see jail yet a kid buying his mates some grog is now getting jail time or worse yet a ten game ban. I’m sure those nobody decision makers must’ve felt big handing down such a penalty. Pathetic.

Happens all the time at country footy clubs. Bit stiff to get 10 weeks IMO.

Are you for real; who hasn’t used a fake ID when they were 17 or had siblings, ransom strangers at the drive thru or mates siblings buy you grog when you were u/18 or u/21 in the US and coming across that there’s jail time attached to it. Give us a break; have you seen how much youth crime exists in this country with burglaries, bashings, ramming police cars etc etc and none of them see jail yet a kid buying his mates some grog is now getting jail time or worse yet a ten game ban. I’m sure those nobody decision makers must’ve felt big handing down such a penalty. Pathetic.

I bought smokes and grog for underage people back in the day. One time I also bought frangers with the smokes. He gave me the best advice ever - make sure you go through the checkout with a guy because girls look at you funny.

Last edited:
I bought smokes and grog for underage people back in the day. One time I also bought frangers with the smokes. He gave me the best advice ever - make sure you go through the checkout with a guy because girls look at you funny.
We now know why you were missing for 19 years.

Me, and also I’m not sure a 10 game ban is worse then jail time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back