List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't in the 10 best players on the ground, in a pretty ordinary game. Don't think there will be a giant tug of war unless he improves (which he is very likely to do)
So there will be a giant tug of war

I’m not across any of our likely plans for this years draft. Can anyone summarise what we are likely to do as far as f/s and academy picks (and what pick they are likely to go) and what we are likely to do from a trading picks for points.

I’m not across any of our likely plans for this years draft. Can anyone summarise what we are likely to do as far as f/s and academy picks (and what pick they are likely to go) and what we are likely to do from a trading picks for points.
We don't know yet if changes for pick pricing or F/S picks will come in this year or next. That, plus changes to future pick trading, will impact what we do in the draft.

Certainties for the draft are that we'll find a way to draft Levi Ashcroft [F/S] + Sam Marshall [Academy], who are both expected to go in the first round. Hard to do when we have Picks 12, 50, 62, 68

We don't know yet if changes for pick pricing or F/S picks will come in this year or next. That, plus changes to future pick trading, will impact what we do in the draft.

Certainties for the draft are that we'll find a way to draft Levi Ashcroft [F/S] + Sam Marshall [Academy], who are both expected to go in the first round. Hard to do when we have Picks 12, 50, 62, 68
Thanks. What position Sam Marshall

Some clips for the Brisbane Academy Boys from the Allies last game in this years u18 Champs:

#43 Ty Gallop - Posted previously here
-----------------------------------------------------------

#44 Billy Richardson (Tall Defender in this game)

AF 30
G 0
B 0
D 8
K 7
H 1
M 3
T 0
MG 182

-------------------------------------------------------------

#25 Fergus McFadyen (predominantly Wing in this game)

AF 43
G 0
B 0
D 10
K 7
H 3
M 4
T 1
CLR 1
MG 358

--------------------------------------------------------------

#31 Ryan Gilder (Med Defender in this game)

AF 36
G 0
B 0
D 10
K 5
H 5
M 1
T 3
CLR 1
MG 35

----------------------------------------------------------------

#39 Tom Gillett (2nd Ruck in this game)

AF 47
G 0
B 0
D 9
K 5
H 4
M 3
T 1
CLR 1
MG 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#20 Daniel Annable (Midfield - underager, not available 'til 2025 draft)

AF 77
G 1
B 0
D 18
K 8
H 10
M 5
T 3
CLR 2
MG 268

----------------------------------------------------------------

#16 Sam Marshall (Midfield)

AF 97
G 0
B 0
D 27
K 13
H 14
M 7
T 3
CLR 3
MG 386

Last edited:
U16 boys beat the Suns 71-49. Only caught the second half but Cooper Hodge had some classy moments. I can see why that oppo poster was pumping up Hamish McPherson, he had a 5 minute burst to start the 4th where he looked very lively and dangerous.

Noah Cameron, Matthew Owen & Jared Moss did some nice things.

The most impressive player for me was Caylen Murray. Tough at the contest, fast & skillful. Could be the pick of the bunch for the 2026 crop.
How did the rest of the carnival go for these boys mentioned? and was any other players noticed. rough game vs tasmania but good respoonse vs gws from the lions boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much to report, Brisbane weren't a great side - Suns even worse. Its slim pickings in this age group in QLD.

Owen racked up plenty of disposals, but didn't really have huge impact. McPherson they need to get around the footy more, he is an electric forward, but he is so clean and powerful, some bursts in the midfield would suit him.

Boothey had an impact in the ruck in the final game, makes you wonder why he didn't play earlier.

Number 1, (name escapes me) looks a good opportunist, but not alot of footy IQ - bobs up in the right spots, but doesn't work work both ways. Hodge has courage, but disposal and decision making is questionable. Phillips accumulates alot of the footy, but does nothing with it.

For me, the best 3 for Lions were probably McPherson, Watts and Murray. Watts is a natural footballer, glides across the turf and has good vision - but isn't strong over the footy. Murray is quick and powerful with good skills, but just doesn't get enough of it. McPherson I still think is the one thats a rough diamond, he has some real swagger, really good skills, excellent hands and finds space and reads the play. Doesn't look super fit, but at this age just looking to see if they can play, the fitness comes later.

For the Suns, Hill is a clear standout - probably the best player across both QLD academies. I also liked the look of their forward Murray, he has good aerial presence and plays a nice attacking brand, very raw. The other two that looked good were Callinan in tight, he is a very good stoppage player and the other Murray on the wing, skinny kid - he has some serious running capacity! (confusing with 3 kids surnamed Murray across the 2 QLD academy sides!)

Lions missed a trick with Riley Mackay, Tom Levi and Harry Thompson not playing. Those 3 I have up in my Top 10 in this age group, all from the Lions and its surprising to see none of them were selected. Their midfield would have really benefited with those 3 providing a bit more speed and power.

First AFL.com.au Phantom Draft out. Levi: #1, Marshall #21
I was sure given recent reports Smillie would be number 1. I reckon he will be taken at 1 - aside from the normal tradition of giving pick 1 to the player you want rather than bidding on a F/S, Smillie is a 194cm midfielder which clubs will be frothing over.

The great thing about Levi is he seems to be slightly different to Will and a noted goal-kicker - should slot in perfectly on a half forward flank with some limited mid minutes.

I was sure given recent reports Smillie would be number 1. I reckon he will be taken at 1 - aside from the normal tradition of giving pick 1 to the player you want rather than bidding on a F/S, Smillie is a 194cm midfielder which clubs will be frothing over.
RookieMe has Smillie at #1, which makes more sense considering Richmond actually want him lol.

I also liked the look Annable.

For me, if it was a choice in two at this stage of their development ................... I'd take Annable over Marshall.

(Getting both Qlders, within the current Drafting environment, would be good).

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back