List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try and figure out a way to get all five or four out of five. Our academy has been going great for us, long may it continue

Cmon mate, its all been late picks. Coleman 24, Payne 54, Harris 41 etc. Academy has been scraping through for us and we have been lucky so far. Nothing to see here !

Awkward Move On GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

Gilder the best player currently of that lot outside Ashcroft and Marshall (who are both certainties and Lions have committed to them both) but Gillett might be considered the 'best prospect'

I would have Gilder and Gillett on potential (in that order) ahead of Marshall ........ but if we have committed, then something would have to give re. some favoured fringe players on our list for either or both to get picked up (in the Main Draft or the Rookie draft).

You would think Lane would likely need to go (knee injury, I know) to cater for Gillett (Lane can still be supported/re-habbed by the Lions even if delisted ....... indeed, I think it would be a requirement).
And Carter Michael (a favourite of mine who just hasn't had a decent run at it through injury) would seem to be the logical de-listing if Gilder was to be picked up.

That still leaves the need for others to make way for the "committeds", and any potential KPP who might be around late in the draft.......... will be an interesting Player Review/Trade/Draft period for the List management team this off season (especially if we jag the big one).

ps After taking WAshcroft & Marshall, anything other than a "late" bid for the Academy boys would be difficult to match ... you would think)

Last edited:
Referring back to my first post ITT, 2024 and 2025 are banger years but 2026's a bit of a low-ish year.

2027 is when the fire intensifies again.

Max Boothey, Lachlan Ellen and Noah Rafter all named in the U 15 All-Australian squad over the weekend.

Referring back to my first post ITT, 2024 and 2025 are banger years but 2026's a bit of a low-ish year.

Max Boothey, Lachlan Ellen and Noah Rafter all named in the U 15 All-Australian squad over the weekend.
Aren't Matthew Owen and Caylen Murray both 2026? They both got named U16 All Australians.

Who do you consider has the most potential to be a quality AFL player over the next 3-4 drafts from the Lions academy Redman?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try and figure out a way to get all five or four out of five. Our academy has been going great for us, long may it continue
I do agree but also can see a view that its good for the comp if players get drafted to other teams. It really strengthens our argument about adding to the player pool and development pathway if we dont get to keep everyone.

It also sets up some potential future homesick trades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi will be playing for the Lions VFL this weekend against GWS according to Twomey on Gettable
Someone might need to translate this for me, but from what I read about the draft changes coming in for 2024 (ie this year) Levi doesn't have to formally nominate under father-son etc until he gets selected on draft night. Is that right?

Someone might need to translate this for me, but from what I read about the draft changes coming in for 2024 (ie this year) Levi doesn't have to formally nominate under father-son etc until he gets selected on draft night. Is that right?
He'll nominate under F/S, I don't think that aspect of F/S is changing.

Well that's resolved now that he's formally committed!!

Even if it was a foregone conclusion, it's still lovely to see

Last edited:
Excellent news to here that Levi is joining us for 2025 and beyond, now I can breathe easy with not jinxing any decision and going too early with my selection of profile photo choice ;)

happy dorm life GIF

2 out of 3 Ashcroft kids at the club now.

Hope they give Marcus some club or QLD footy role and bring him over.
Lucy can start playing with our AFLW team and that would cover off everyone.

Geninuely don't be surprised if he ends up better than Will, which is saying something.

We suffered as fans throughout the 10s but the 20s & 30s are going to be some good vibes for this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back