List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Queensland

#NAMESURNAMEHTSTATE PROGRAMCOMMUNITY CLUB
3RaphaelGeesu172Brisbane Lions AcademyRedland-Victoria Point
4BenjaminLillico176Brisbane Lions AcademyMorningside
5MathewHoy168Gold Coast Suns AcademyLabrador
6JaredMoss178Brisbane Lions AcademyKawana
7JackHarrison180Brisbane Lions AcademySherwood
8ZekeUwland178Gold Coast Suns AcademyBurleigh
9HarryGrills183Brisbane Lions AcademyAspley
10JordanChambers183Brisbane Lions AcademyAspley
12OscarTanks168Brisbane Lions AcademyMorningside
13DylanPatterson183Gold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
14JaiMurray183Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
16HarrisonBridge181Brisbane Lions AcademySherwood
17JonahHarris196Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
18BeauAddinsall180Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
20DanielAnnable185Brisbane Lions AcademyRedland-Victoria Point
21CooperCollins183Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
22MaddoxIverach181Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
23KobyCoulson178Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
24HarrisonGray173Gold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
25JamesMilner180Brisbane Lions Academy
Oakleigh Chargers
Wilston Grange
26IsaccWaller203Brisbane Lions AcademyMaroochydore
27TomGillett201Brisbane Lions AcademySherwood
28KalaniWhite198Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
30MaxHudson190Gold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach

Queensland's U17 side with these names aiming to be selected for the future's game on GF day.

He'd be too old for this though, Gillett's an overager there which is odd.
Players over 17 (usually Talls) have been included previously ...... (I think Richardson was one last year).

On another note, Gilder and Richardson have not been invited to the combine......... (edit) and McFadyen

Has Levi committed a fair bit earlier than big brother did or am I misremembering?
I seem to recall it happening about the same time in 2022.

I think the biggest difference is this time we have all (including the club, often publicly, presumably accidentally) just assumed it was a fait accompli, whereas 2 years ago we were all on tenterhooks waiting for Will to confirm.

I think the biggest difference is this time we have all (including the club, often publicly, presumably accidentally) just assumed it was a fait accompli, whereas 2 years ago we were all on tenterhooks waiting for Will to confirm.
I still recall some thinking that a Fagan press conference would detour him from committing.

I seem to recall it happening about the same time in 2022.

I think 2 years ago we were naive about when he would commit. This year we were more comfortable to wait until later in the season for Levi to commit

Plus the Will Ashcroft hype was massive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Levi goes at pick 3 or later.

"the top pick receives a $10,000 payment from the AFL, while the player drafted second gets $5000"

Presumably whoever has pick 1 and 2 want their own players to get some cash, rather than give it to a player then matched and going to a different club?

OR - trade gurus, does the $$$ follow the player OR if North pick Levi and Brisbane match then North still have the $10k for their 'second' pick and Levi does not get the cash? I assume not.

REALLY...

So if clubs are fair dinkum about doing the right thing by their player, there's a chance Levi won't be called out till pick 6??

Didn’t will go at 2?

REALLY...

So if clubs are fair dinkum about doing the right thing by their player, there's a chance Levi won't be called out till pick 6??
Actually I just realised I haven't thought this through very well.

If whoever has the #2 pick selects Ashcroft, Ashcroft goes to Brisbane at #2 and then that club gets pick #3. So their player still gets the $5k.

The only clubs who'd be screwing over their player by selecting Ashcroft would be the clubs who have picks #1 or #5.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back