List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still cant see North sticking with pick 2. They really dont need more of the high rated mids and would be crazy not to split the pick (6 & 10 from Richmond or something like that). Gets them a key position player and another option
Problem for North is, Richmond won’t offer 6 & 10, or 11.

Richmond’s best offer might not even include 6.

North might do the crazy thing but I believe they've learnt their lesson when bidding on Declan Watson. We went "go for it" and called their bluff - they were shocked about no match and having to take him.
I'm pretty sure the draft night feedback was "we weren't even going to take him in the draft. It was going to be toss up if we took him as a rookie" so there was a degree of amusement at the time.

Levi will go at 2. I’ve noticed in the media he isn’t being talked about - likely because he is a FS - which has maybe caused people to think he will slip to 4 or 5.

I can't rate Levi as i have only seen the one VFL game he played, also none of the top prospects in any games.
Levi did play very well in that VFL game.

A question for the draft watchers where do they rate Levi in this draft. According to articles the top 8 are very good.
Please take your Lions bias hat off in where you would take him allowing for improvement in your selections.
Also allowing for draft order: Tigers, Roos, Blues, Crows & Demons.

Levi will go at 2. I’ve noticed in the media he isn’t being talked about - likely because he is a FS - which has maybe caused people to think he will slip to 4 or 5.
Been snubbed here.

I can't rate Levi as i have only seen the one VFL game he played, also none of the top prospects in any games.

A question for the draft watchers where do they rate Levi in this draft. According to articles the top 8 are very good.
Please take your Lions bias hat off in where you would take him allowing for improvement in your selections.
I'd be shocked if he wasn't taken Pick 1, that's just my opinion even if I wasn't a Lions fan.

Would he get the Harley Reid hype? Probably not but he'd be in similar vain to Will as the consensus #1 with some decent players behind him.

Where someone rates Levi might be different to where they might draft him.

Levi, Leo Lombard and Jagga Smith have been the three most consistent players this year. But I wouldn’t draft any of them at pick 1. I’d struggle to draft Smith in the top 5.

I’d take Sam Lalor at pick 1, Levi at pick 2, Sid Draper at pick 3, then it’s a big question mark next.

That's like pick 2 or 3.

North might do the crazy thing but I believe they've learnt their lesson when bidding on Declan Watson. We went "go for it" and called their bluff - they were shocked about no match and having to take him.
Have they tho? Are the people who were there in 2016 still there now?

Why wouldn’t North bid on Ashcroft at pick 2? We are 100% going to match, so make us pay the most points. They may rate Levi at 3 or 4 in the draft, but it makes no difference to them because we’re taking him where-ever the bid comes.

They've also got history bidding pick 2 on Ashcroft in 2022 and pick 3 on Walter in 2023.
They've placed the equal most bids on academy/FS players since 2015 (along with Richmond).

Where someone rates Levi might be different to where they might draft him.

Levi, Leo Lombard and Jagga Smith have been the three most consistent players this year. But I wouldn’t draft any of them at pick 1. I’d struggle to draft Smith in the top 5.

I’d take Sam Lalor at pick 1, Levi at pick 2, Sid Draper at pick 3, then it’s a big question mark next.
You know far more than me Briz but I think you've gone a little anti-biased with Ashcroft at 2.

Obviously you could raffle Ashcroft/Lalor/FOS/Smith/Draper and it really highlights the quality of the draft at the top end but I think Levi has done enough to seperate the lot with his offensive game in terms of goals/score involvements/inside 50's etc, while still being an accumulator and clearance machine.

You know far more than me Briz but I think you've gone a little anti-biased with Ashcroft at 2.

Obviously you could raffle Ashcroft/Lalor/FOS/Smith/Draper and it really highlights the quality of the draft at the top end but I think Levi has done enough to seperate the lot with his offensive game in terms of goals/score involvements/inside 50's etc, while still being an accumulator and clearance machine.

There's the extra money that goes to pick 1 though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of this draft as similar to 2017’s draft, no elite or generational talent.

Lalor is the Rayner of this draft.

Levi is similar to Caleb Serong.

Langford is a bigger version of Brayshaw.

Smith is Darcy Parish lite.

FOS goes one of two ways. Either Zac Butters or a tease.

Think of this draft as similar to 2017’s draft, no elite or generational talent.

Lalor is the Rayner of this draft.

Levi is similar to Caleb Serong.

Langford is a bigger version of Brayshaw.

Smith is Darcy Parish lite.

FOS goes one of two ways. Either Zac Butters or a tease.
Well this is where we disagree, Rayner is obviously generational 😎

I dont see Ashcroft going at 1. Number 1 picks are huge draw cards for the club and get much more fanfare in the media compared to pick 2. I remember channel 9 news talking up Cam after one draft despite ignoring AFL for the whole Leppa years. I remember some friends of mine being excited to go to a game to see Cam when we were still crap. Richmond is in for a few years of pain with their drastic list management. Having a pick 1 to beguile the Vic media would be very important to them. Besides bidding high on Ashcroft does not help them at all as most of their picks are in front of our picks so bidding early doesn't even move their picks forward. Would be pointless for them to make us pat at pick 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back