Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Contested ball winners who win contested ball win finals. Lyon's game plan will stack up..
It didn’t really stand up last year, GWS ran rings around us and I think a lot of that had to do with the three tall forwards. It looks good at Marvel but on the big MCG you get exposed.

It didn’t really stand up last year, GWS ran rings around us and I think a lot of that had to do with the three tall forwards. It looks good at Marvel but on the big MCG you get exposed.
Given the circumstances around the forward line in last years final, I don't think we can draw anything out of whether that set up works or not.

Tim English being named in the 2023 AA team over Marshall is going to be an all time blunder.

English is never going to stand up to finals football.

It's ironic that he got smashed last night by a ruckman called Meek, if any ruckman is meek it's English, he's soft as butter.

Personally think the Hawks have the softest supporters in the league.

Jumper should be brown and yellow with this as the emblem.

View attachment 2103687
All the hawks nuffies are wearing thier gear in the city today.

Where the hell have they been for 9 years?

Once heard someone say that Hawthorn traditionally had a very small fanbase throughout their history right up until they started finding success in the late 70s/early 80s, and all the bandwagoners jumped on. Meaning that all of their fans now are either bandwagoners, or children of bandwagoners. That's really resonated with me since.

Hate em as much as anyone but they have every right to be up and about, they've basically rejuvenated their side in the space of 4 years and look awesome. Doesn't mean they're on some path to multiple flags, as we know fortunes can change but after a finals win like that you'd be up and about for sure.

Hope GWS smash these plebs. One of the most looked after midfields by the umps for a decade. Parker got 6 weeks in the VFL for shit he's been doing without a free kick in the AFL for a career, Chadlington Warnster has never had a holding the ball call against him in his life. AFL's darling child versus the expansion little brother, GWS all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once heard someone say that Hawthorn traditionally had a very small fanbase throughout their history right up until they started finding success in the late 70s/early 80s, and all the bandwagoners jumped on. Meaning that all of their fans now are either bandwagoners, or children of bandwagoners. That's really resonated with me since
They had less Members than us until their 2008-onweards streak of flags happened. Thats called being successful and fans wanting to be a part of it

If we jump 40,000 members when we win a flag are you going to call them Bandwagoners too?

They had less Members than us until their 2008-onweards streak of flags happened. Thats called being successful and fans wanting to be a part of it

If we jump 40,000 members when we win a flag are you going to call them Bandwagoners too?
Happily

Given the circumstances around the forward line in last years final, I don't think we can draw anything out of whether that set up works or not.
Possibly but either way everyone gets excited about tall forwards but more often than not it’s the mediums and smalls that get it done in finals. One might kick the odd bag but there’s no need for three IMO.

Finally a final worth watching, great game, the Swans got out of jail and the Giants threw away the keys and a win.

It was happening 3 years ago, but it fell through.

Like most of our supposed big name trades, we got a cooked Hannebury instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back