Autopsy 2024 AFL Season: Rnd 21 Saints v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

And Dow is looking like he's worth what we gave up for him and nothing more.

Speaking of midfielders, anyone know how Max Hall is tracking. I thought he was a touch too short when we got him midseason.

Club has had a few goes at getting some decent midfielders in the last two seasons.

On the weekend it looked like our midfield hadn't progressed at all.

Speaking of midfielders, anyone know how Max Hall is tracking. I thought he was a touch too short when we got him midseason.

Club has had a few goes at getting some decent midfielders in the last two seasons.

Injured
:/

I reckon he will return from injury and play for the Zebs this weekend.

Hasn't played much midfield since being picked up, which is frustrating considering how good he was for Box Hill in there. Maybe just easing him into the system?

Hasn't played much midfield since being picked up, which is frustrating considering how good he was for Box Hill in there. Maybe just easing him into the system?

You're probably right, it's all about steps as you up grades and with different clubs, so in new environment it's about finding that trust and innate touch instances to know and bank on everyone working as a unit.

That stuff doesn't happen quickly.

Yes, he looked lost in his first game for Sandy. Gradually improved his running patterns and was looking good before the injury. Hopefully regains the momentum this weekend and can have a big game or two to finish the season, especially if Sandy make finals

Good clubs don't trade out their good players.

Fact is we have and you detailed examples in Dal Santo, Goddard and McEvoy. This set any leadership we had in our club back 10 years and we are still feeling it now.

Not sure whether its a good comparison to North Melbourne, they have been hovering on the bottom for a long time and I wouldn't bet on finals for them any time soon. I would hate us to do a North.

If you trade out our leader in Steele and an experienced player in Battle, what type of example does that set for the young players?

If these recruiters are worth the money we pay them, then they should be able to find midfielders without plundering our list.
Sorry i Should have been more clear.

If we don't lose Battle via FA for Band 1 compo then I would be exploring the possibilty of trading Steele for a 1st rounder.

But also, don't forget Bulldogs traded their captain Ryan Griffin AND pick 6 for Tom Boyd and won a flag 2 years later.

Sorry i Should have been more clear.

If we don't lose Battle via FA for Band 1 compo then I would be exploring the possibilty of trading Steele for a 1st rounder.

But also, don't forget Bulldogs traded their captain Ryan Griffin AND pick 6 for Tom Boyd and won a flag 2 years later.

Tom Boyd didn't help them get to the flag though.

Yep. Lachie, Charlie Cameron, dunkley, Joe, and ah chee are all A grade players who traded in that played on Sunday. And i still include hodge (had incredible impact that's still working is magic through harris and Lester in the backline).

We were all shocked when Charlie requested a trade to us, then neale. Was like the best ever Christmas ×100 that happen multiple times.

Mind you, before that we were the afl feeder club for a decade and more. Who can forget the go home five, who didn't go home just wanted out. The shame years that fagan and co fixed.
Don't forget Dayne Beams. At the time it was a great get

Brisbane have at least had the ability to attract high quality players, being an attractive place to live with only 1 other team in QLD.

Unfortunately our predicament is most A-Grade talent that want to come to VIC want to be traded to contending clubs or big clubs, so it is extremely hard for us to attract any talent.

You're probably right, it's all about steps as you up grades and with different clubs, so in new environment it's about finding that trust and innate touch instances to know and bank on everyone working as a unit.

That stuff doesn't happen quickly.
Max Hall is back this week for Sandringham
Have watched this kid play over last few years
Will become a great mid season pick up by saints going forward
4 clubs wanted him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Hall is back this week for Sandringham
Have watched this kid play over last few years
Will become a great mid season pick up by saints going forward
4 clubs wanted him
And when you say “great mid season” I hope you mean “great mid” - heaven knows we need some more of those!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season: Rnd 21 Saints v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back