Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the gift that keeps on giving, Jobe, where you always have to second guess "did he actually just say that?". Right up there with Trav Cloke window shopping shadows.

The next David Coleman

Here's a tip for AFL broadcasters: after each goal before the replay, show us a wide shot of the field and of both the teams setting up for the next play, or an ad, or the coaches box reaction... ANYTHING EXCEPT a 10 second close up of the goal kicker looking up at the big screen waiting to see the replay of his goal, which makes them look vain and is totally boring and useless.

Here's a tip for AFL broadcasters: after each goal before the replay, show us a wide shot of the field and of both the teams setting up for the next play, or an ad, or the coaches box reaction... ANYTHING EXCEPT a 10 second close up of the goal kicker looking up at the big screen waiting to see the replay of his goal, which makes them look vain and is totally boring and useless.
How about 20 seconds of the coaches looking a particular way whilst a boundary throw in is occuring? Thats always fun.

Absolutely disgraceful from the panel on Sunday footy show. Didn’t even play one highlight from our game and then just potted us for winning. I hope Kane fall down the stair. Fair dinkum they hate us.
No positive at all apparently
there wasn't much to be positive about,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've not studied the footage, seen it maybe twice, but -- was Moore actually going for the ball, or was that knee to Trac's ribs accidentally on purpose?

I've not studied the footage, seen it maybe twice, but -- was Moore actually going for the ball, or was that knee to Trac's ribs accidentally on purpose?
Pretty sure he wasn’t just going for the ball, he got the ball.

Absolutely not on purpose imo. If he had knees sharp enough and aim good enough he’d do that every week I reckon.

Pretty sure he wasn’t just going for the ball, he got the ball.

Absolutely not on purpose imo. If he had knees sharp enough and aim good enough he’d do that every week I reckon.
Tend to disagree there, just had another look, he was the third man to the contest, #14 for Collingwood and Trac were already going up for the ball, #14 got his hand to it first and Darcy's fist made some contact after that.

However to me it seems there was just no reason for him to throw his knee into Trac like that. To me it looked deliberate, his body was miles away from Trac yet his knee hit the bullseye with maximum force. Much more force than his fist hit the ball with.

It's a dicey one I reckon, to me it seemed he knew Trac was there and knew what he was doing too.

I could be wrong

Tend to disagree there, just had another look, he was the third man to the contest, #14 for Collingwood and Trac were already going up for the ball, #14 got his hand to it first and Darcy's fist made some contact after that.

However to me it seems there was just no reason for him to throw his knee into Trac like that. To me it looked deliberate, his body was miles away from Trac yet his knee hit the bullseye with maximum force. Much more force than his fist hit the ball with.

It's a dicey one I reckon, to me it seemed he knew Trac was there and knew what he was doing too.

I could be wrong
You are wrong.

Last edited:
Just reading an article about the Harley Reid suspension, says that game against the Saints basically cost him more than $50000. The Rising Star winner gets $20000, plus another $20000 added to next year's contract. He'll then miss out on match payments of $10000 due to the suspension, and he was also fined twice for umpire contact in that game, bringing the total up above fifty grand. FIFTY GBANGERS!!! 💩

I'd wager I'm not.

I had a chat to an AFL player a couple of months ago and this sort of incident came up. As he said, you always want to make them earn it, so there’s definitely a choice players make to hit more of the opposition player with more of their body when possible - if they see it’s their own player they can easily protect them more.

So it’s not completely “intentional” but it is maybe “reckless”, if you like. They hit the contest hard without regard for the safety of the other player.

Just reading an article about the Harley Reid suspension, says that game against the Saints basically cost him more than $50000. The Rising Star winner gets $20000, plus another $20000 added to next year's contract. He'll then miss out on match payments of $10000 due to the suspension, and he was also fined twice for umpire contact in that game, bringing the total up above fifty grand. FIFTY GBANGERS!!!
Good. His ego deserved that.

Been enjoying the Thursday night games at home with dinner and drinks. This morning I got myself organised with some pork ribs slowly braising in the oven, popped out to grab some bourbon (for the bbq sauce of course!), beers and red, got back, busted out the sauce and a slaw then cracked a beer. So just some jacket spuds and finishing with the basting of the ribs, all ready to be served around 7 just before the first bounce. Wandered outside with another beer, sat down to check the teams and came to a rather unfortunate realisation.

No more Thursday night games this year. 🥴😕😵‍💫😄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back