Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 16: St Kilda Saints v Port Adelaide Power, Marvel Stadium, Sunday June 30th 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have beaten Port Adelaide seven times in the 21st Century

2000: 16th beat 15th
2006: Motlop misses a shot after the siren to win it for Port Adelaide in our last home game in Launceston
2008: Finally run over the top of them in the last quarter, Ball does his hammy and misses rest of season
2009: Flogging in Adelaide
2010: Flogging in Melbourne
2011: Flogging in Adelaide (in front of no fans)
2020: We kick 12 goals and 1 behind
lets not forget the score review after Tim Membrey scissor kicked a goal off a defenders hand haha. what a night that was

It was good to see Battle and Marshall’s new clubs allow them to train with us today.
It almost bought a tear to my eye Remboy.

I salute those oppo clubs..... ;) ;)

The biggest non story this week in the AFL universe has now closed.

After training,a group of us were having a bite to eat(a special shout out to the roast beef toasties too) and coffee's when big Ro walked past us.

Almost in unison....we said:

"Welcome back Ro"

He pi**** himself laughing and gave us a mega cheesy million dollar Ro smile.

It was one of his deluxe cheesy specials.

Great to have you "back" Ro !!!!!!!

I'm proud of myself....I didn't above mention Tom Morris once.

Mod rules prevent me from saying anything colorful about him.!!!!!

;);)

In 2020
Max King kicked 22.20
Dan Butler 29.12
Tim Membrey 20.9
Jack Lonnie 12.7
Dean Kent 10.5

Only Max missed a lot. The rest amazing.
Incredible when you think about it.

Unfortunately 2020 proved to be a false dawn.

Sigh !!!!!!!!

We have beaten Port Adelaide seven times in the 21st Century

2000: 16th beat 15th
2006: Motlop misses a shot after the siren to win it for Port Adelaide in our last home game in Launceston
2008: Finally run over the top of them in the last quarter, Ball does his hammy and misses rest of season
2009: Flogging in Adelaide
2010: Flogging in Melbourne
2011: Flogging in Adelaide (in front of no fans)
2020: We kick 12 goals and 1 behind
And the 1 behind was Butler hitting the post.

lets not forget the score review after Tim Membrey scissor kicked a goal off a defenders hand haha. what a night that was

Another travesty of a goal of the year award. Membrey's goal should be in the argument for greatest of all time, considering what took place was what Membrey intended (he was lucky, but still)

Also in 2018, Steven's was better than Higgins'. One was an intended execution of a very difficult skill, the other was a kick from directly in front a foot out.

Possibly our best 23 for the year and that's including Ross & Jones ???

Only Crouch, Hayes, Howard, Membrey, Sharman, missing of any note.

Wouldn't mind seeing Heath, Hall & Keeler debuting before the end of this season.
I think Sharman comes in for Cordy this week - Sharman forward, Caminiti back. King Sharman Row/Campbell as a trio will be interesting

To all the Port supporters wishing us welI I suggest they check the results of our games against Port for the last 15 years. Also they should have a peak at both club's current ladder positions while they're at it.

Won't fill them with much confidence about their fairytale outcome.
If their so unhappy, let's hope Butterrs & Rosee are too, & defect to us next season. Now that would be the best thing since Hamill & Gehrig almost.

I like that we're persisting with Hammer in the backline. I got some McGovern vibes from him there. Reckon it could be a really good move.
Given time.....I absolutely reckon Hammer will be an asset in the backline.

Given his build......he would be a great CHB.

Time will tell of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll back Row to solo ruck against Sweet, but not sure how team structure works if that's the case especially if Caminiti is playing back

In: Nas, Webster, Sharman
Out: Jones, Campbell, Cordy
Sub: Ross

With this setup we'll have 8 defenders (Battle, Wilkie, Caminiti, Arie, Bonner, NWM, Sinc, Web) and short of one key forward. Maybe Wood forward, Nas/Bonner wing, Owens 2nd ruck? Seems a bit outlandish but I just don't see the point in playing two rucks against Sweet given we need forward pressure against Farrell and Houston
I said this yesterday but still confused about how we'll cover the 3rd key forward spot. Battle forward? Owens ruck?

I said this yesterday but still confused about how we'll cover the 3rd key forward spot. Battle forward? Owens ruck?

Hammer and Sharman will be forward with Ming, Hammer would then be the swingman if needed in defense as opposed to Sharman previously more than likely.

Of more interest is Jimmy slotting in, though reality is that probably just pushes Sincs to mid.

Well looks like the Campbell experiment with Ro is over
They simply do not want to play two ruckmen.

Forced into it last match, even then Campbell was only used sparingly (49% TOG)

I thought his big body was an advantage deep in the goal square and helped us to get an extra goal or two. He should have won a couple of free's as well.

I can't fathom team selection anymore, what are they thinking?

B. Wilkie Caminiti? Webster

H.B. Sch'maker Battle Bonner

C. NWM Windhager Henry

H.F. Wilson Owens Butler

F. Wood King Higgins

Foll. Marshall Steele Sinclair

I/C.  Sharman, Clark, Dow, Hill, Ross-sub

Two key forwards is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back