Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Incoming end of season concessions.

You just know it's going to happen.

;) ;) ;)

The high priestess is probably penning ideas as I type.
I'm not sure how they would justify it seeing as they already received 2 end of 1st round draft picks that they traded last year

Last edited:
very sad news

A well-known sports journalist has died after being struck by a truck at a Melbourne intersection.
Police responded to a collision in Richmond on Tuesday morning at the intersection of Bridge Road and Church Street at about 10:20am.
Sam Landsberger, 35, was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries and died a short time later.
The driver of the truck, a 45-year-old man from Seaford, stopped at the scene. Police said he had spoken to them regarding the collision, and been released pending further enquiries. He was not injured.
Melbourne Highway Patrol officers are investigating the collision, with the exact circumstances still to be determined. Landsberger was employed as an AFL and cricket writer for the Herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne and as a weekly correspondent for Fox Sports.

Last edited:

very sad news

A well-known sports journalist has died after being struck by a truck at a Melbourne intersection.
Police responded to a collision in Richmond on Tuesday morning at the intersection of Bridge Road and Church Street at about 10:20am.
Sam Landsberger, 35, was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries and died a short time later.
The driver of the truck, a 45-year-old man from Seaford, stopped at the scene. Police said he had spoken to them regarding the collision, and been released pending further enquiries. He was not injured.
Melbourne Highway Patrol officers are investigating the collision, with the exact circumstances still to be determined. Landsberger was employed as an AFL and cricket writer for the Herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne and as a weekly correspondent for Fox Sports.

that's horrible

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Horrible news.

I really liked Sam as a Journo.

As Verdun said above,Sam was one who I also really respected over so many others in AFL land.

It really hits home that if you can,make every day a big day.

AFLW about to start. in 2024 is it worth watching? Not being disrespectuful, but in first few seasons I could just not watch it as the skill level was not there. For a long term men's footy watcher, is it at a level that would satisfy yet?

AFLW about to start. in 2024 is it worth watching? Not being disrespectuful, but in first few seasons I could just not watch it as the skill level was not there. For a long term men's footy watcher, is it at a level that would satisfy yet?

Its improved quite a bit and will probably keep trending that way.

I still only tend to be interested in Saints games though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello fellow Saints fans

I am here to humbly ask for Ross to be the Boss next weekend
Could be quite nervous for you when we’re 45 points down half way through the second quarter.

This is the start of the news.com.au article about Sam,
A “respected” sports reporter known for his impressive contribution to AFL commentary has been identified as the pedestrian killed when he was struck by a truck in Melbourne.
Does the quotation marks around respected come across to anyone that he really wasn't in their eyes? Hopefully this is just a f-up but it doesn't read well.

(The quotations where just removed must of been a mistake, not a good look though)

Last edited:
This is the start of the news.com.au article about Sam,
A “respected” sports reporter known for his impressive contribution to AFL commentary has been identified as the pedestrian killed when he was struck by a truck in Melbourne.
Does the quotation marks around respected come across to anyone that he really wasn't in their eyes? Hopefully this is just a f-up but it doesn't read well.

(The quotations where just removed must of been a mistake, not a good look though)
They probably got AI to write it

Horrible news.

I really liked Sam as a Journo.

As Verdun said above,Sam was one who I also really respected over so many others in AFL land.

It really hits home that if you can,make every day a big day.
Terribly sad news. I hate that show, but I quite liked him.

It must have been bloody tough for Gerard to get on with 360 after hearing that news today.

You have to be patient, but there are some really natural footballers amongst them.
Since Patrikios started for our team, it's been almost worth watching just to see her with the ball.

There are dead periods of play and some stuff ups here and there, but if the alternative is watching 2 interstate men's teams play on a Sunday afternoon, I'd rather watch our saints girls.

Hard to believe we're at the last round of the season, the older you get, the faster it goes. 😕 Here's what I think I'd like to happen this weekend...

Dees beat Pies, cos you know, Pies. (Hopefully ensuring the Dees finish above us).

Be nice if Harley and the boys could knock the Cats off, can't see it, but at least we were good enough to smack 'em last week.

Suns to destroy the Tiges by ten goals.

The Clarkson-Mitchell Cup doesn't really impact our season, but carn the Hawks cos Clarko's a knob!

Lions to pummel the Bombers just to see the surly, pouty look on Brotts face.

The Crows can't finish above us now so don't really care about this one. 😄 Swans should win comfortably.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Giants win the whole thing so a win over the Doggies to finish second if Port lose.

Blues vs Saints, ummmm... 🤔

Final game of the home and away season hopefully sees the Dockers toppling Port to knock Carlton out of the eight. 💩

I have a free day on Sunday, gonna have to get set up for a bit of a footy marathon, three good games in a row hopefully. Hmmmm, now to plan the menu and drinks list!

i watch our girls only
3 reasons

1.saints
2.im a member
3.fit girls

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back