Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees look like they are tanking to try and get our pick 6, Lever a late out and they are letting Collingwood kick goals for fun.
I've kind of resigned myself to thinking that you're as good as your ladder position, and you get the pick you deserve at the end of the day.

We copped our injuries early, some other clubs have copped them late - either way you win what you win and worse teams deserve a better pick. It could just turn out that we were better than the Dees and Suns this year.

I remember seeing that "Sideshow Ben Brown" had been in line for a first round draft pick, before he did his ACL as an 18YO.

Somehow, that put him back to mid draft 3 years later.
He's had a good career anyway. Best of luck for his future.

Last edited:
Pickett sniping Darcy Moore, he should be suspended for not going harder, Darcy is a sniper like Maynard, he's just more subtle.

I've kind of resigned myself to thinking that you're as good as your ladder position, and you get the pick you deserve at the end of the day.

We copped our injuries early, some other clubs have copped them late - either way you win what you win and worse teams deserve a better pick. It could just turn out that we were better than the Dees and Suns this year.

I'm not in favour of us tanking for draft picks, we should be trying to win every game regardless of where we finish on the ladder.

If we get a worse draft pick then so be it, having recruiters that can pick better players with worse draft picks is more important.

Pickett sniping Darcy Moore, he should be suspended for not going harder, Darcy is a sniper like Maynard, he's just more subtle.

I'm not in favour of us tanking for draft picks, we should be trying to win every game regardless of where we finish on the ladder.

If we get a worse draft pick then so be it, having recruiters that can pick better players with worse draft picks is more important.

I agree.
We've tried to be clever, and failed.
we need to just try to win all the time.

Incoming end of season concessions.

You just know it's going to happen.

;) ;) ;)

The high priestess is probably penning ideas as I type.
North have been given way to much imo , they created what they have now.
Gold Coast to me are a real cot case - been given everything and there players are at the age the should be delivering yet they are below us atm.
By the looks Hardwick will offload more players - last year it was Rankin and this year by the looks it will be Lukosius .
Will they ever learn giving away there top draft picks is not going to improve them / they have to make the club into a place where people can come and play football and call the place home , not just a stepping stone to move on to something bigger and better.

Hardwick is another coach just looking to cash in ( remember he said he was burnt out half way through the season - quit and then signed on to the Gold Coast ) and after his first season in charge he can be given some leeway , but currently sitting below us at 14th the powers at the AFL would not be to happy expecting them to be playing finals at least - they thought offloading the last coach just as he was getting a bond with the kids he developed and bringing in Hardwick would be a win - because they knew or thought they would at least scrap into finals.
To me they stuffed up getting rid of the last coach - they should of stood by him for at least another season just to see if the improvement came and it would also instilled some sort of trust in the club to instill some confidence in the players.

Now the players know management is full of s/it and don't care about anyone but there own skin and that is not going to keep the elite talent there.

Pickett hit is minimum 2 weeks. We had King and Windhager take a week for innoucuous upper-arm hits that didn't even hurt. His was a high forearm to the head that resulted in a concussion. 3 is consistent if you go by early season aka St K rules.

Free kick count 13 Coll - 4 Gawn. I think Gawn got 8 random frees against saints. He must be in for a season record. If ever he is off balance it is a free, no justification needed.

Pickett hit is minimum 2 weeks. We had King and Windhager take a week for innoucuous upper-arm hits that didn't even hurt. His was a high forearm to the head that resulted in a concussion. 3 is consistent if you go by early season aka St K rules.

Free kick count 13 Coll - 4 Gawn. I think Gawn got 8 random frees against saints. He must be in for a season record. If ever he is off balance it is a free, no justification needed.
Frees now 15-5 for Coll in an away game. McCrae avoids a $50,000 fine why?

AFL media saying Moore contributed to it by not standing up. I'm not sure how you collect a ground ball while you stand up. Seriously. Where is the consistency?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know who is more pathetic, North or West Coast, they are just gifting Hawthorn and Geelong percentage boosting wins.

It would be more annoying if we were in the finals mix and having those results affect our chances but its still terrible to watch.

Hard to know who is more pathetic, North or West Coast, they are just gifting Hawthorn and Geelong percentage boosting wins.

It would be more annoying if we were in the finals mix and having those results affect our chances but its still terrible to watch.

North by the length of Flemington straight.

"Supah Dupah coach" Clarko.
47 number 1 pick compos.
84 top 10 players.
Competing against the "we snuck into 8th and we want to hold it" Hawks locally.

V
Eagles travelling to Geelong to face Geelong.

North are just doing their best to go "Hey Tigers, we want another number 1 pick, can you guys win plz" to really twist the knife.

North by the length of Flemington straight.

"Supah Dupah coach" Clarko.
47 number 1 pick compos.
84 top 10 players.
Competing against the "we snuck into 8th and we want to hold it" Hawks locally.

V
Eagles travelling to Geelong to face Geelong.

North are just doing their best to go "Hey Tigers, we want another number 1 pick, can you guys win plz" to really twist the knife.
still love the "north have 10 phillipous""comment from cornes lol

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

still love the "north have 10 phillipous""comment from cornes lol

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'd never in a million years guess it but Kaney babes does have some sort of sense of humor.

A warped one.

And here I am thinking he had a personality bypass at birth.....!!!!!!

North board has a not enough handouts whinger in autopsy

I Want More GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back